IGNORED

No Win In 7

Lack of Action Man

Let me just say I'm eagerly anticipating the new year - some activity in the transfer market will do good to bolster our squad

But

Has our recent run of form really reflected the ability and effort commited by the players we have at the moment?

I have to say that perhaps we do deserve a little more than what we have got.

Nevertheless roll on the new year and a change in our fortunes :englandsmile4wf:

Let me just say I'm eagerly anticipating the new year - some activity in the transfer market will do good to bolster our squad

But

Has our recent run of form really reflected the ability and effort commited by the players we have at the moment?

I have to say that perhaps we do deserve a little more than what we have got.

Nevertheless roll on the new year and a change in our fortunes :englandsmile4wf:

Maybe we got a bit more than we deserved last season so the scales are balancing it out a bit more now :noexpression:

Maybe we got a bit more than we deserved last season so the scales are balancing it out a bit more now :noexpression:

in a word NO i don't think the team effort has got what it deserved ie Should have beat Derby shold have beat Watford Was robbed against Swansea should have done better at Ipswich and was roobbed today by another crap ref Surly our luck will turn CTID

in a word NO i don't think the team effort has got what it deserved ie Should have beat Derby shold have beat Watford Was robbed against Swansea should have done better at Ipswich and was roobbed today by another crap ref Surly our luck will turn CTID

But by the same token Plymouth should not have relaxed and let us get a point, We were fortunate against Norwich, and second best to Forerst for much of the game. These things even out, so take off your bloody annoying rose tinted specs, and realise that we are exactly where we deserve to be.

In general we are not creating enough, we aren't scoring enough and we are conceding too many goals, the strange thing about our defence at the moment is that we are either outstanding.........or dreadful.......there seems to be no middle ground.

The league table never lies.

At the end of the day the position in the league table is where we deserve to be.

Yes, we could of beat Derby, Forest and others but we could of easily lost/drawn matches we have drawn/lost.

some times things go for you, some times against.

last season we over achieved and had luck on our side a lot of the times

the amount of times i came away from the gate and away games thinking how did we win/draw that game when we should have been well beaten i could count on two hands

After YEARS of 3rd and a few 4th tier football, i'm just happy if we establish our selves in the 2nd division of the football league for a while before we unleash ourselves on the Premier League!

In general we are not creating enough, we aren't scoring enough and we are conceding too many goals, the strange thing about our defence at the moment is that we are either outstanding.........or dreadful.......there seems to be no middle ground.

The league table never lies.

The amount of team changes due to injuries has not helped either. I can't remember if we've kept the same team more than twice, will someone enlighten us on this.

It does seem as if some of our long awaited luck has run out.

Sorry, but I can't follow the philosophy behind the heading of these thread.

Surely if we deserve to win, then we win. If we don't deserve to win:- we lose. It's that simple.

The same goes for the talk on this forum about CITY "over-achieving" last season and/or "under achieving" this season.

It's all a factor of results on the board, no more no less.

Ok fair enough we are where we are because we have not been playing well. But there is some merit in the view that we ought to have picked up for sure 2 more points (ball over the line last week). Possibly 4 more points when McIndoe missed the pen in the last minute (Watford) and maybe 6 more points as it seems that McCombes goal today should have stood.

Not playing well and not getting the decisions at the moment certainly does not help.

We are where we deserve to be - but we haven't had a lot of luck lately. McIndoe's penalty miss and missed chances today are down to bad play though - a lack of confidence in the side or the belief that saw us get those extra points last year. Seeing Hull's result today makes you think, though. Weren't they struggling at about this time last year and came on a late run to get into the playoffs? It is still all to play for and we have to stay positive and hope that good business in the transfer window will change things around. West Brom looked like world beaters last season yet they are anchored at the bottom of the Premier League. I feel that we are a mid-table side in the Championship so need to get some quality players in (or develop some quality players from the Academy) if we are to push for promotion this season or next.

i'm just thankful we have a team playing football in the 2nd tier
Sorry I can't agree with that. What is the point in even showing up if we can't strive to be the best we can be? We were so close last season are we just going to roll over and say oh well lets just settle for survival this season? I have a funny feeling we are going to turn a corner soon, It is typical Bristol City to make a late charge for the play offs and I wouldn't put it past us to make the top 6 eventually. What is interesting is at this stage last season after 23 games Hull had only 3 more points than we currently have now and well you know the rest. Seeing what Hull are doing now makes the situation we are in now feel even worse.

Ok fair enough we are where we are because we have not been playing well. But there is some merit in the view that we ought to have picked up for sure 2 more points (ball over the line last week). Possibly 4 more points when McIndoe missed the pen in the last minute (Watford) and maybe 6 more points as it seems that McCombes goal today should have stood.

Not playing well and not getting the decisions at the moment certainly does not help.

True- but that's life: It's full of adverse vicissitudes, in other words :"s**t Happens".

Obviously, if we got what we deserve we'd be up there in the Premier League- at least- but ,meanwhile, we'll just have to win more games .

Archived