Elliott 8

Sproule 7

Mcindoe 7

Johnson 1

John 4

Maynard 4

Trundle 8

Noble 8

Eh?! LJ 1?! I think as most would agree that we were better in the second half, and considering LJ was on during that half, I think something fishy is going on here...........indulging in a bit of subtle LJ bashing perhaps?! I didn't go, so don't know exactly how he played, but 1 seems a touch harsh?!

Eh?! LJ 1?! I think as most would agree that we were better in the second half, and considering LJ was on during that half, I think something fishy is going on here...........indulging in a bit of subtle LJ bashing perhaps?! I didn't go, so don't know exactly how he played, but 1 seems a touch harsh?!

You had to see the performance?? Every piece of set play barr 1 went to SW??? Awful

You had to see the performance?? Every piece of set play barr 1 went to SW??? Awful

Haha, well as I say I didn't go, so technically can't judge, so at this point I have to take your word. However Midge, who apparently also went to the game, has just started another thread saying how he saw the game, and he says LJ played well when he came on.........who to believe?!?!

What game were you watching? LJ played really well when he came on, we looked much more balanced and had more of an attacking threat. And giving Lee Trundle an 8 is a bit generous seeing his first touch was 5 minutes after he came on, and it was with his hands to pick up the ball. He didnt play bad, but he didnt play THAT good, he was only on for 10 mins, no time too effect the game what so ever.

Both quality players, gutted after buying another season ticket that these flair players aren't on display every week especially with the relegation form shown at home.

Hope u don't get one next year then mate , because your clutching at straws how many chances does trundle need , i like everyone else want it to work but it aint going to happen , he hasnt got it consistantly at this level , agree would love to see a little more of nobes but he doesnt help himself he can only last for about 60-65 mins then fades badly ,

you ever read gazzas book rated noble as one of the best talents outside the prem but and thats it BUT !

Hope u don't get one next year then mate , because your clutching at straws how many chances does trundle need , i like everyone else want it to work but it aint going to happen , he hasnt got it consistantly at this level , agree would love to see a little more of nobes but he doesnt help himself he can only last for about 60-65 mins then fades badly ,

you ever read gazzas book rated noble as one of the best talents outside the prem but and thats it BUT !

So fans with an opinion like myself, you hope don't get a season ticket next year? that might be quite a few then. Successful teams are those which get the mix of flair players and workhorses right, too many of one or the other don't work. Noble will never get match fit at City because he's never allowed to play 90 minutes. There i go again clutching at straws.

Basso 10

Skuse 8

Fontaine 6

McCombe 7

Mcalister 4

Elliott 8

Sproule 7

Mcindoe 7

Johnson 1

John 4

Maynard 4

Trundle 8

Noble 8

I have to respect the fact that you went to the game Block and i didnt so i can only offer my opinion on your marks by what i heard on the radio. It sounded as though Maynard missed a couple of good chances in the second half (an unbelievable miss said Louis Carey about the first one) and yet he got a 4. .....Johnson gets a 1....for what.....every set piece barr 1 went to SW........christ i have seen players get sent off for punching somebody's lights out resulting in their team losing the game because of it and they still get more than 1.....still well done for going all that way to follow the boys.

So fans with an opinion like myself, you hope don't get a season ticket next year? that might be quite a few then. Successful teams are those which get the mix of flair players and workhorses right, too many of one or the other don't work. Noble will never get match fit at City because he's never allowed to play 90 minutes. There i go again clutching at straws.

i really do like the bloke , bu y did arsenal release him and why was he at BOSTON there is obviously a flaw there somewhere

thats there choice , ive been getting my season ticket for 20 years , as you get older you get wiser , i know things are difficult at the moment but we have had 3 years of basically winning alot more games than losing them , and now we have hit a sticky patch people are chucking there opinions around as if there is no tomorrow , we have no divine right to keep winning and fast tracking to the top, people seem to think because we got promoted 2 years ago we were going to get to the pre then the champions league , even then some people on this forum would moan we should have played 2 up front away to barcalona

They did mate....i was there....different class when they came on

So was I mate, and you are talking absolute rubbish.

What exactly did Trundle and Noble do in the ten minutes they were on to warrant 8?

Did Trundle actually touch the ball other than for the penalty claim?

Noble made one good defensive block (pity he didn't show as much effort in the same situation at Preston).

Basso's kicking wasn't exactly great, so a 10 for him???

Strange how we took control in the second half after LJ came on. I don't say it was entirely due to him but he certainly had an effect. So a mark of 1 out of 10 is ridiculous.

Although you say you were there, you either obviously weren't watching the game, or you feel the need to mark players according to whether they are your favorites (or not), rather than how they actually played.

Here's my marks and briefly why.

Basso 8

- didnt concede a goal, for a start, no mistakes I can recall, and a couple of clever quick kicks out to Sproule to set up a counter attack

Skuse 7

- did ok, he's a better midfielder than right back and the winger got around him a couple of times

Fontaine 7

- typical steady Fontaine game

McCombe 7

- dominant in defence but should have scored

Mcallister 5

- ok defensively but distribution poor

Elliott 7/8

- that's 7 first half in midfield 8 second half at right back

Sproule 7

- lively game right from the start for a change

Mcindoe 7

- worked tirelessly but gets marked down from an 8 because playing so narrow meant McAllister was exposed on several ocassions

Johnson 6

- plenty of sideways and backwards passes but only one successful forward one and didnt make one single tackle

John 4

- awful

Maynard 8 + 4 divide by 2 = 6

- 8 for the lively performance, 4 for the finishing

Trundle 8

- that's 8 for the 9 minutes he was on, defenders clearly so worried by him had to shirt pull

Noble 8

- that's 8 for the 9 minutes he was on, didnt lose the ball once and made the only run at the opposition defence (brought down for a free kick) by any of our midfield during the entire game

Over-generous to Trundle & Noble, they both looked OK, but didn't really have time to make a telling contribution. I did wonder if we needed a bit more flair slightly earlier, as there was not a great deal of real quality on display from either side, and plenty of mis-placed passes. In fairness, I don't think that the conditions were easy, but that can't excuse Maynards awful miss, the keeper did not even come out to narrow the angle!

Bassos early save low to his right was quality, so he fully deserved a high mark, and no way was LJ worth as little as 1.

Here's my marks and briefly why.

Basso 8

- didnt concede a goal, for a start, no mistakes I can recall, and a couple of clever quick kicks out to Sproule to set up a counter attack

Skuse 7

- did ok, he's a better midfielder than right back and the winger got around him a couple of times

Fontaine 7

- typical steady Fontaine game

McCombe 7

- dominant in defence but should have scored

Mcallister 5

- ok defensively but distribution poor

Elliott 7/8

- that's 7 first half in midfield 8 second half at right back

Sproule 7

- lively game right from the start for a change

Mcindoe 7

- worked tirelessly but gets marked down from an 8 because playing so narrow meant McAllister was exposed on several ocassions

Johnson 6

- plenty of sideways and backwards passes but only one successful forward one and didnt make one single tackle

John 4

- awful

Maynard 8 + 4 divide by 2 = 6

- 8 for the lively performance, 4 for the finishing

Trundle 8

- that's 8 for the 9 minutes he was on, defenders clearly so worried by him had to shirt pull

Noble 8

- that's 8 for the 9 minutes he was on, didnt lose the ball once and made the only run at the opposition defence (brought down for a free kick) by any of our midfield during the entire game

No harm NJ but unless a player comes on for the last 10 mins and scores a winning goal or sets up a few goals i cant see how he can get a rating of 8/10

You must be a member of the LT23 fan club me thinks :innocent06:

No harm NJ but unless a player comes on for the last 10 mins and scores a winning goal or sets up a few goals i cant see how he can get a rating of 8/10

You must be a member of the LT23 fan club me thinks :innocent06:

Yes I am a member of the LT23 fan club, however I do say the marks are for how Nobes and LT played in their 9 minutes.

If they could only get marks based on time on pitch, they could have a maximum of 1 - and LJ could have a maximum of 5 - which is plainly ridiclous!

Yes I am a member of the LT23 fan club, however I do say the marks are for how Nobes and LT played in their 9 minutes.

If they could only get marks based on time on pitch, they could have a maximum of 1 - and LJ could have a maximum of 5 - which is plainly ridiclous!

So if LT or DN had of came on in the last min and played a wonder pass or hit a wonder strike then you would have give them a mark of 10/10 for how they played in that time?? :noexpression:

So if LT or DN had of came on in the last min and played a wonder pass or hit a wonder strike then you would have give them a mark of 10/10 for how they played in that time?? :noexpression:

I suppose following my logic through, yes - and if on the other hand they'd missed a sitter they get a big round 0 !!

And on another point, I think LT and DN should start, however, I can follow GJ's reasoning to have them on the bench, especially away from home, but 9 minutes isn't really long enough.

I suppose following my logic through, yes - and if on the other hand they'd missed a sitter they get a big round 0 !!

And on another point, I think LT and DN should start, however, I can follow GJ's reasoning to have them on the bench, especially away from home, but 9 minutes isn't really long enough.

Fair enough then. Think its a bit of a stupid way to rate a player tbh but each to their on i suppose.

On the other point i tend to agree with GJ's reasoning not to start both LT and DN but would defo have them on the bench

Well i have now seen the highlights and saw Johnson turn there defender one way and then the next and then place a pin point pass onto the foot of Jamie McCombe 2 yards out only for him to volley wide and you gave him a 1.....unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

Well i have now seen the highlights and saw Johnson turn there defender one way and then the next and then place a pin point pass onto the foot of Jamie McCombe 2 yards out only for him to volley wide and you gave him a 1.....unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!

But why let facts get in the way of personal bias?

Funny, both Noble and Trundle go 5's in the all the papers I read this morning. I'm barring all my opinions of LT, this is the reason why I am so vocal over him! How the hell can a player get 8/10 AFTER 10 MINS???? Assists? Goals? Space creating? Please what was it? Could you read the opposing players minds and they were thinking "Oh no, Lee's on"

Please take of your LT tinted glasses and please GJ, get rid of this man in January and maybe all this madness will stop! :disapointed2se:

I only heard the game on the radio, but Louis remarked that the SW substitutions had made a difference to their performance whereas ours(LT+DN) hadn't.

Didn't hear lc but did he say ALL our substitutions making no difference, or just LT/DN?

Archived