IGNORED

Team Balance / Formation

Red 66

I do feel that today's team looked to be a great deal more balanced than in previous matches. Okay Scuse is not a defender and Elliott should not be part of the back four but I do feel the formation we played today, especially in the second half looked good and worked well. The back 5 picks itself as far as I am concerned :- Basso / Orr / Carey / McCombe / McAllister ( Fontaine Cover for all back 4 positions ).

Then I would perm any 2 from 3 out of Lee Johnson / Gavin Williams and Marvin Elliott in the middle ( Based on form and opponents ).

Sproule and McIndoe either flanks. Trundle could do a job if Sproule looses form.

Any 2 from our strikers up front, I would play the 2 that are in form or rotate them Adebola / Maynard / John / Trundle / Brooker.

Santa Please :- 1/ Get Orr to sign a new contract. 2/ Get Sproule to lift his head up when he gets into the box and produce the goods. 3/ Get Brooker fit and injury free 4/ Help to promote our self belief again, like today.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY WELL DONE TODAY FOR OUR PERFORMANCE !

Constructive Comments Please !

I do feel that today's team looked to be a great deal more balanced than in previous matches. Okay Scuse is not a defender and Elliott should not be part of the back four but I do feel the formation we played today, especially in the second half looked good and worked well. The back 5 picks itself as far as I am concerned :- Basso / Orr / Carey / McCombe / McAllister ( Fontaine Cover for all back 4 positions ).

Then I would perm any 2 from 3 out of Lee Johnson / Gavin Williams and Marvin Elliott in the middle ( Based on form and opponents ).

Sproule and McIndoe either flanks. Trundle could do a job if Sproule looses form.

Any 2 from our strikers up front, I would play the 2 that are in form or rotate them Adebola / Maynard / John / Trundle / Brooker.

Santa Please :- 1/ Get Orr to sign a new contract. 2/ Get Sproule to lift his head up when he gets into the box and produce the goods. 3/ Get Brooker fit and injury free 4/ Help to promote our self belief again, like today.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY WELL DONE TODAY FOR OUR PERFORMANCE !

Constructive Comments Please !

I'll second that,was a good performance one in which deserved 3 points,and as I agree with everything you siad need I say more.

I don't think we have become a bad team overnight,we just need something to go right and it'll kick start our season

:city: Gary changed it very early on when we went 4-3-3 with Maynard on the right and Sproule on the left with John in the middle with McIndoe tucking into midfield with Elliot and Williams.This worked so well that when Skuse got injured he kept the same formation and moved personal about.

Maybe this is the formation for the future.

Formation seemed to work OK, whatever way sets them up GJ might be advised to try and stick with it for a few games to let them bed in, get used to structure and personnel and build up a bit of confidence. Appreciate though we may have to vary it depending on some opponents but it would be nice to see us trying to re-establish a pattern of play that suits us (on the deck, quick passing and movement, plenty of involvement of the midfield etc) that benefits us

Archived