IGNORED

Noble To Palace?

Guest wheres your caravan??

Guest wheres your caravan??

Just heard from my mate theat noble is on his way to palace

is the any truth in this?

if it turns out to be true i thnk johnsons making another big mistake!

If we can get someone better in as a replacement then let him go by all means. He hasn't played a significant part in our season thus far, I know he has come one, scored a couple of goals, winning us extra points, but I don't think GJ sees see him as a vital cog, rightly or wrongly. Word is we will have some cash to splash in Jan, and if we can get someone in in this role, with an attacking instinct, who can put himself about a bit then let him go. I'm actually a fan of Noble, I like him as a footballer, but if he's not playing, and we can get find a better then let him go. Like many I have doubts about his social stature as well, I am happy to be proved wrong, but one look at the lads Facebook profile pic, shows him grinning with a can of Fosters, a fine professional image to set. As I say, I like him as a player and enjoy watching play footy, but maybe we need to move on.

I don't get why Noble is held in such high esteem?? Yes on his day he's scored a couple of great goals, has great close control and can link things up. But too often he's a peripheral figure. He isn't fit or hard working enough to be a central midfield player in a 4-4-2 with wingers, doesn't have a killer instinct in the final third. His best performances have been when he's brought back after absence but he then fades and doesn't seem to be able to maintain a decent standard. Coincidence or not he seems to get alot of niggling injuries. Whether it's down to GJ or Noble himself doesn't really matter, he has not established himself - if we sell him I can't say I'll be that upset esp depending on 1) how much we get 2) if we have someone else coming in. Could all be just rumours - Noble may surprise me by becoming an integral part of the City team but after all this time I doubt it. And before the conspiracists start....I personally don't accept it has anything to do with LJohnson's place in the team......

I'd actually be disappointed if Noble went to Palace.

I thought Carle flattered to deceive so wasn't too fussed when he left.

But Noble HAS delivered in a City shirt and I believe still can. I hope GJ has a decent replacement lined up, a David Noble with an engine and pace would be ideal.

I'd actually be disappointed if Noble went to Palace.

I thought Carle flattered to deceive so wasn't too fussed when he left.

But Noble HAS delivered in a City shirt and I believe still can. I hope GJ has a decent replacement lined up, a David Noble with an engine and pace would be ideal.

Exactly Noble HAS delivered but not on anything on a consistent basis and an engine and pace would make it a totally different situation. With the natural ability he appears to have and shows all too infrequently you have to ask why he didn't succeed at his Premier League clubs.

I agree, and you also have to ask why he was on the bench at Boston United before we signed him.

And I agree at C'ship level with him in central midfield in a 4-4-2 we would get killed...

However, I think he does have a killer instinct in the final third and as a late substitute he always looks dangerous and is capable of being a match winner. His goal against Plymouth this season as an example.

I agree, and you also have to ask why he was on the bench at Boston United before we signed him.

And I agree at C'ship level with him in central midfield in a 4-4-2 we would get killed...

However, I think he does have a killer instinct in the final third and as a late substitute he always looks dangerous and is capable of being a match winner. His goal against Plymouth this season as an example.

But would he be content with that - and is it good value for his wages? Mind you with the whispering about his supposed lifestyle (and who knows if that's true or not) and his level of general fitness it could be the ideal role for him!!

Just heard from my mate theat noble is on his way to palace

is the any truth in this?

if it turns out to be true i thnk johnsons making another big mistake!

I heard this from a pretty good source last week. 500k - 750k allegedly. Personally, not at all happy with this. Another quality player leaving / being told to go because he is a contender for a certain central midfielders position ala Nick Carle. I don't think he is will be the only one going either, last I heard there were 4 first team players asking for transfers....

I just can't understand why people hold David Noble in such high esteem. Yes, on his day he can make a difference as a sub but he is just not fit enough for the CCC, PNE (away) proved that once and for all.

We have too many players who are just not up to CCC standard football for 1 reason or another, Trundle is another example. We all know LT23 is the most skilfull player at AG but he is not quick enough in body or thought, this has been proved time and time again but when he has time he is excellent but you don't/very rarely get time on the ball in the CCC.

Same with Cole Skuse, he has done reasonably well lately but his thought patterns are again just not quick enough for the CCC, Swansea (home) proved that once and for all.

We all know that Sproule, McCombe, Carey, Orr, McAllister have their weaknesses as well.

BCAGFC

I just can't understand why people hold David Noble in such high esteem. Yes, on his day he can make a difference as a sub but he is just not fit enough for the CCC, PNE (away) proved that once and for all.

We have too many players who are just not up to CCC standard football for 1 reason or another, Trundle is another example. We all know LT23 is the most skilfull player at AG but he is not quick enough in body or thought, this has been proved time and time again but when he has time he is excellent but you don't/very rarely get time on the ball in the CCC.

BCAGFC

Totally agree. Noble is too inconsistant. We can afford to sell someone who is murcurial for about 6 games a season, especially if we can get someone more consistant.

Cheers Dave and ta for the memories...great memories though, especially with his performance at palace in the playoffs

Exactly Noble HAS delivered but not on anything on a consistent basis and an engine and pace would make it a totally different situation. With the natural ability he appears to have and shows all too infrequently you have to ask why he didn't succeed at his Premier League clubs.

Its quite hard to perform consistently when your on the bench or in the stands!

NO chance, Everton, Newcastle and Boro all looking at him, explains why Noble could go.

As i said before the replacement had better be right, if we can get a better replacement to sign?

Were still waiting for Carle's replacement. Remember that was a done deal so don't hold your breath.

4 first teamers asking for transfers ?!

I bet their agents are pleased.

Why would any first teamer ask for a transfer if he's in contract ?

Because they aint getting a game, pi55ed off or summat ?

I very much doubt it as to do so would mean them losing out on a shed load of money, and that's what counts - money.

If they are put on the transfer list, that's another matter as they would be due a % of any transfer fee plus negotiate the paying up of their contract.

but any money they would lose from City, they would get in a signing on fee at their new club and no doubt a bigger salary.

for my reckoning the players that want out are McIndoe, Noble, Trundle and Orr.

Personally Bristol City will be worse off without the and also should be first team starters or subs minimum.

4 first teamers asking for transfers ?!

I bet their agents are pleased.

Why would any first teamer ask for a transfer if he's in contract ?

Because they aint getting a game, pi55ed off or summat ?

I very much doubt it as to do so would mean them losing out on a shed load of money, and that's what counts - money.

If they are put on the transfer list, that's another matter as they would be due a % of any transfer fee plus negotiate the paying up of their contract.

They wouldn't be so nieve as to ask for a transfer without having a pretty concrete offer from another club. Although its against FA regulations I feel pretty sure that players and more importantly their agents talk via 3rd partys all the time. So if asked they can say they have had no "direct" contact with another club. Occasionaly the FA will make a token justure by charging a player or agent put I can't beleive anyone believes this doesn't go on.

So if this "rumour" is true I would guess that other clubs have expressed an interst in the players concerned.

As for your question as to why a players would do this, there are no end of reasons, top of the list more money, more perceived chance of success etc etc etc

Same with Cole Skuse, he has done reasonably well lately but his thought patterns are again just not quick enough for the CCC, Swansea (home) proved that once and for all.

We all know that Sproule, McCombe, Carey, Orr, McAllister have their weaknesses as well.

BCAGFC

I totally agree that the 'fans favourite' players tend to produce only on the odd occasion. I loved Lita because he came up with the goods nearly every time he got a chance. Trundle doesn't, nor does Noble, and the theory that we need to tailor our gameplan to suit them doesn't wash with me. They just need to consistently perform!

As for your last point, I'd keep McCombe and Carey and replace the rest.

but any money they would lose from City, they would get in a signing on fee at their new club and no doubt a bigger salary.

for my reckoning the players that want out are McIndoe, Noble, Trundle and Orr.

Personally Bristol City will be worse off without the and also should be first team starters or subs minimum.

I think they are replaceable players, and don't care much if Johnson has newbies lined up.

I suppose it's getting close to the transfer window so were going to get loads of rumours and with GJ saying players might well be heading out we'll get loads of these? Why not start one about every player?

As much as I like Noble, I do feel that when he plays he has a tendency to slow the game down when in possession. Admittedly there are times when you need that, but they are times when he takes 2/3 touches (all very pretty and neat of course) when an instant pass was what was required.

At this level he is, along with several others, a good squad member but not a major player.

As much as I like Noble, I do feel that when he plays he has a tendency to slow the game down when in possession. Admittedly there are times when you need that, but they are times when he takes 2/3 touches (all very pretty and neat of course) when an instant pass was what was required.

At this level he is, along with several others, a good squad member but not a major player.

The crown prince is a ballast.

If we could start with 12 men Noble would start every game but we cant, so he doesn't.

Noble will only ever succeed if the formation is to his strength and Noble is the key player, but he'll never get that at City I'm afraid because we simply have better and more adaptable players than him.

Also, whoever we bring in has to be as good or better than Elliot, if not we may aswell not bother looking.

If we could start with 12 men Noble would start every game but we cant, so he doesn't.

Noble will only ever succeed if the formation is to his strength and Noble is the key player, but he'll never get that at City I'm afraid because we simply have better and more adaptable players than him.

Also, whoever we bring in has to be as good or better than Elliot, if not we may aswell not bother looking.

Your last sentence is a sitter. Besides that, no comments.

Archived