IGNORED

23 Matches, Gj

Rednready

Remember the season GJ arrived. We had a bad run of games before Christmas and were in last place.

GJ finally got the team playing positive football and GJ brought in a young center midfielder who played the next 23 matches in his favoured position. City climbed the table and finished on 65 points just outside the playoffs. That new center midfielder who helped GJ to turn things around was Noble, who still sometimes plays for us ?

Fast forward to the present. The team has again had a bad run of results and we have slipped from a playoff position to below half way. Could Noble do the same for us again, would he actually get the opportunity, or has GJ got a new midfield messiah lined up for us in January.

On a positive note, we are not in last position as we were before the Christmas of 2005/6. The last 3 games have indicated some improvement and 2/3 quality inclusions could well get us a run of good results. We need a block of 10 with an average of around 1.8 points or better, in a tight division aside from the top 3, that should get us back into serious contention for the run home.

Last week GJ mentioned the dreaded R word.......relegation. Ime too old for that nonsense, especially when relegation is entirely unneccessary. This forum gives us solutions on a daily basis, its that easy. :innocent06:

Remember the season GJ arrived. We had a bad run of games before Christmas and were in last place.

GJ finally got the team playing positive football and GJ brought in a young center midfielder who played the next 23 matches in his favoured position. City climbed the table and finished on 65 points just outside the playoffs. That new center midfielder who helped GJ to turn things around was Noble, who still sometimes plays for us ?

Fast forward to the present. The team has again had a bad run of results and we have slipped from a playoff position to below half way. Could Noble do the same for us again, would he actually get the opportunity, or has GJ got a new midfield messiah lined up for us in January.

On a positive note, we are not in last position as we were before the Christmas of 2005/6. The last 3 games have indicated some improvement and 2/3 quality inclusions could well get us a run of good results. We need a block of 10 with an average of around 1.8 points or better, in a tight division aside from the top 3, that should get us back into serious contention for the run home.

Last week GJ mentioned the dreaded R word.......relegation. Ime too old for that nonsense, especially when relegation is entirely unneccessary. This forum gives us solutions on a daily basis, its that easy. :innocent06:

It won't happen and when you bring in a new player it takes time to adapt so I doubt very much the inclusion of a new midfielder in January will rocket us forward. Don't they need to get to know our players, our style of play, get up to our level of fitness, earn their place in the team and no doubt lots more?!

It's mind numbingly amazing that Noble doesn't get the chance in central midfield alongside Elliott, with LJ's absence it was the perfect chance to play him there.

I'm totally at a loss as to why he isn't being given a fair chance, when others get endless chances.

It's mind numbingly amazing that Noble doesn't get the chance in central midfield alongside Elliott, with LJ's absence it was the perfect chance to play him there.

I'm totally at a loss as to why he isn't being given a fair chance, when others get endless chances.

Noble hasn't got the engine to play centre mid in the Chamionship in a 442. In League One he could get away with it to an extent.

Centre mid in the C'ship you need players that have pace and can get up and down the pitch, hold their position and track there runners. Too many times you see Nobes fail to do this.

The only position you can start him in the C'ship is 'in the hole' IMO. There, he can express himself and utilise his creativity.

Noble hasn't got the engine to play centre mid in the Chamionship in a 442. In League One he could get away with it to an extent.

Centre mid in the C'ship you need players that have pace and can get up and down the pitch, hold their position and track there runners. Too many times you see Nobes fail to do this.

The only position you can start him in the C'ship is 'in the hole' IMO. There, he can express himself and utilise his creativity.

since he's never been given the chance to do this, how can it be said that he can't?

no one else at the club has been able to do it, so why doesn't get Noble a chance

Do Williams and LJ do this?

like Noble, Williams hasn't had a chance yet.

LJ can't and yet keeps getting chance after chance to do it.

Carle was able to do it when he finally got the chance, but was then sold.

Skuse has done well, but with him and elliott together it's not the most attacking formation, plus now LJ is back he'll no doubt shortly get bumped out the team, fairly or not.

since he's never been given the chance to do this, how can it be said that he can't?

no one else at the club has been able to do it, so why doesn't get Noble a chance

I'm saying that Noble does not have the attributes to play centre mid in a 442 in the C'ship.

As for 'no one else at the club being able to do it'. LJ and Elliott were a part of a team that finished 4th in the C'ship last season, which personally I count as being able to 'do it'.

I'm saying that Noble does not have the attributes to play centre mid in a 442 in the C'ship.

As for 'no one else at the club being able to do it'. LJ and Elliott were a part of a team that finished 4th in the C'ship last season, which personally I count as being able to 'do it'.

But by your own definition of 'it', its obviously to any not partially sighted that LJ and GW cant do this.

So from your point above, what you're saying is that any one of the 3 CM can play, and Marv will carry them.

I know YOUR saying that but based on what? he's not been given the chance to, so how can that be proved one way or another?

but by your own defination of what's needed to be a championship midfielder.......

"Centre mid in the C'ship you need players that have pace and can get up and down the pitch, hold their position and track there runners."

how can you then honestly say that Johnson is able to do that I''m yet to see that constantly in the championship??? Elliott is the only one at the club who has proved constantly that he could. Johnson wasn't able to do it last season as for a large majority of it, he was only able to cut in when we played a 5man midfield, at this level he can't do it in a 4man midfield which has been the case since we switched to a 4-4-2 once Adebola was signed in Jan.

Johnson can't play well in a 4-4-2 at this level, which has meant constant changes to 4-5-1, Noble has come in and done well, however neither him or Williams have been given the chance in a 4-4-2

Williams and Noble COULD........but haven't been given the chance to prove whether they can or can't so far..........

Do Williams and LJ do this?

I am saying that those two players have those attributes that I mentioned ie pace, positional sense, tracking back etc

Not necessarily that they both do this, and as mentioned by bh red Williams has not been given the chance in a 442 centre mid position that I can remember.

I think those are key attributes for a C'ship midfielder in a 442 and Noble does not possess them.

I am saying that those two players have those attributes that I mentioned ie pace, positional sense, tracking back etc

Not necessarily that they both do this, and as mentioned by bh red Williams has not been given the chance in a 442 centre mid position that I can remember.

I think those are key attributes for a C'ship midfielder in a 442 and Noble does not possess them.

Whilst Williams hasnt been given a run, I disagree Johnson has pace or tracks back to any degree of usefulness.

the original topic isnt entirly relevant.

By that idea we should be getting Bas Savage back as well!

Also, a lot of the good work to pull away from the relegation zone was down to a certain Mr Russel

Savage and Russell were released by GJ. He gave Noble a new contract and he was in the squad against S.Wednesday.

Noble/LJ/Williams scenario has been done to death and in an earlier thread I mentioned we could use a player who is better than all three. GJ has a difficult time ahead, its down to budget and availability or his decision to stick with what he has.

Archived