IGNORED

We Will Win On Saturday

kachina

I never went to Wednesday yesterday, had work commitments at an abandoned Cheltenham !!

But for me having just watched the highlights I can see us winning on Saturday. Burnley like to play football, they will attack us and create space, similar to what it seems Sheffield Wednesday done yesterday. Burnley are coming here on the back of a scratchy last 30 mins which saw them nearly throw away a 3-0 lead at home and they were begging for that final whistle late on, when your in that position in a game you tend to rush and also get unbalanced and also make silly challenges, pick up knocks and end up burning the hell out of your lower legs.

They will see our run and feel its there's to win which will see alot of their players coming out a bit cocky, their midfield notably Chris Eagles are players who are quick and deadly from long range but Burnley don't create much inside the six yard box so it's crucial we push them to the bylines and don't give them space just outside the box.

For me Burnley will leave the field open and with us being able to break down the flanks we should be able to put Maynard in. Personally I think we need Trundle playing instead of John, this is one team who he will get space against and whilst he may not batter the back of the net himself, he is one of a few players at this club who has the quality to put the balls to Maynard's feet which is when he'll score goals.

This will be an end to end attacking game, but as long as we don;t let Eagles and Blake get in and around our D we shouldn't feel a great threat.

I predict a 1-0 lead at half time and would put money on it coming from a cross around the point of the box, and tucked in by a low strike, I would put Gavin Williams as the scorer. The second half is about sitting tight and playing off their attacks, then you'll see Trundle creating space and feeding Maynard for goal number two.

That my friends is how it will stay 2-0 to City.

This game has the promise to bring out the best in our team and I would like to see Trundle and Maynard played in a 4-3-3 with Noble or McIndoe operating from the left side role.

Heres to hoping :)

I never went to Wednesday yesterday, had work commitments at an abandoned Cheltenham !!

But for me having just watched the highlights I can see us winning on Saturday. Burnley like to play football, they will attack us and create space, similar to what it seems Sheffield Wednesday done yesterday. Burnley are coming here on the back of a scratchy last 30 mins which saw them nearly throw away a 3-0 lead at home and they were begging for that final whistle late on, when your in that position in a game you tend to rush and also get unbalanced and also make silly challenges, pick up knocks and end up burning the hell out of your lower legs.

They will see our run and feel its there's to win which will see alot of their players coming out a bit cocky, their midfield notably Chris Eagles are players who are quick and deadly from long range but Burnley don't create much inside the six yard box so it's crucial we push them to the bylines and don't give them space just outside the box.

For me Burnley will leave the field open and with us being able to break down the flanks we should be able to put Maynard in. Personally I think we need Trundle playing instead of John, this is one team who he will get space against and whilst he may not batter the back of the net himself, he is one of a few players at this club who has the quality to put the balls to Maynard's feet which is when he'll score goals.

This will be an end to end attacking game, but as long as we don;t let Eagles and Blake get in and around our D we shouldn't feel a great threat.

I predict a 1-0 lead at half time and would put money on it coming from a cross around the point of the box, and tucked in by a low strike, I would put Gavin Williams as the scorer. The second half is about sitting tight and playing off their attacks, then you'll see Trundle creating space and feeding Maynard for goal number two.

That my friends is how it will stay 2-0 to City.

This game has the promise to bring out the best in our team and I would like to see Trundle and Maynard played in a 4-3-3 with Noble or McIndoe operating from the left side role.

Heres to hoping :)

Well i certainly hope we give it a good go, everytime we have played the top sides this season we have been extremely poor in most cases.

I would put Burnley up there with Sheff Utd, Reading, Brum and Wolves this season.

After a rocky start they seem to be over that and aren't seeming to be distracted by the carling cup.

I think we will either win or draw and put in the besdt performance of the season, i fancy maynard to score also.

Burnley fan here.

Not sure where you get a scratchy win from.

We should have been 5 or 6 up at half time, but for hitting the bar twice and some last gasp defending. After the break we took our foot off and stupidly let them back in the game for a while, but after their second goal they never had another chance. We dominated the last half hour and should have scored 2 or 3 more.

With regards to keeping us on the bylines!! 90% of our goals are coming from there. Eagles and Elliott are both excellent crossers of the ball and with Paterson being very sharp he tends to get on the end of everything.

You are right about us coming to attack you and that is not through confidence or looking at your current form. We really do go all out to win every game and are very much an attacking side which does leave us open to concede goals. We tend to go out thinking about just scoring more than we let in.

Luckily for me I have not got far to travel living in Swansea and I expect it to be a good open game.

Another Burnley fan here. I don't know where the original poster got his/her facts about us from but they are virtually all wrong! :laugh:

As the previous Claret said, we dominated Saturday's game apart from 15/20 minutes at the beginning of the 2nd half. 'Scratchy last 30 minutes', I assume that will be the period that our goalkeeper had nothing to do and Kelvin Davis pulled off 3 great saves.

"They will see our run and feel its there's to win which will see alot of their players coming out a bit cocky, their midfield notably Chris Eagles are players who are quick and deadly from long range but Burnley don't create much inside the six yard box so it's crucial we push them to the bylines and don't give them space just outside the box." Again totally wrong! Martin Paterson has scored 5 goals in the last 5 games. All from inside the 6 yard box.

It really is best to check your facts before posting. :rolleyes::D

There is no doubt we will come to attack but it has nothng to do with Bristol City's form, we do it every game and try to score more than the opposition.

Here's hoping for an exciting game and 3 points to the Clarets. :innocent06:

Archived