IGNORED

Cole Skuse At Rb

tinman-is-god

Not sure if anyone has posted elsewhere, but i thought Skuse was excellent at RB in the first half. He was good on the ball, got stuck in and made some great challenges, good to see Cole getting stuck in.

With the RB spot up for grabs, if he plays like that every week, he would have a pretty good chance of making it his own, shame he picked up the injury.

LJ with Orr's physique? Orr with the ability to pass it sideways and backwards as well as lump it up the pitch? This Frankenstein freak would be in the Premier League.

Skuse at right back... he's got all the ability..does he have the mentality? But then that's Cole Skuse for you wherever he plays.

A better test will be when the other team actually has some wide players fit.

LJ with Orr's physique? Orr with the ability to pass it sideways and backwards as well as lump it up the pitch? This Frankenstein freak would be in the Premier League.

Skuse at right back... he's got all the ability..does he have the mentality? But then that's Cole Skuse for you wherever he plays.

A better test will be when the other team actually has some wide players fit.

Watch out on Saturday against Burnley, Chris Eagles, although primarily a right winger, has been playing very effectively on the left wing, and our current r/b crisis surely can't have been lost on Owen Coyle.

I can understand Wilson playing at the moment over Orr, fair enough, but in situations like Saturday with Wilson out will illness and no other suitable right backs at the club.

Orr should have started. Gary is just being unbelieveably stubborn to the point where it costs the club points, that for me is unacceptable.

The player is under contract, fair enough if there is a dispute you use another player who can play that position, but when your moving players into that position who are not Right Back.......then it's a serious issue for me.

yep.......Marvin Elliott...... :innocent06:

I can understand Wilson playing at the moment over Orr, fair enough, but in situations like Saturday with Wilson out will illness and no other suitable right backs at the club.

Orr should have started. Gary is just being unbelieveably stubborn to the point where it costs the club points, that for me is unacceptable.

The player is under contract, fair enough if there is a dispute you use another player who can play that position, but when your moving players into that position who are not Right Back.......then it's a serious issue for me.

Yes, all that shuffling around at the back was the main reason we conceded so many goals on Saturday obviously. Come on GJ - sort it out.

Watch out on Saturday against Burnley, Chris Eagles, although primarily a right winger, has been playing very effectively on the left wing, and our current r/b crisis surely can't have been lost on Owen Coyle.

Agreed.

Skuse did well on Saturday reading reports, however there has been other games such as Wolves away, where against a quality winger he's been ripped to pieces.

if Wilson is fit, then great he'd come back in, however if not I'd be more inclined to play an proper right back in that position, be it Orr...or if not James Wilson even.

I'm sorry but with players like Skuse in our team, we are not going to make any progress....tread water maybe........go backwards probably.

Nice chap I'm sure, cracking at warming up, but really isn't up to this standard, no matter what GJ thinks.

I can see your point and your right that it is very much a short term thing, with skuse playing (bar 7 crazy minutes at ipswich) we have been a much harder team to beat and actually have looked quite solid in midfield compared the last month or so, when teams have been ripping us open at will.

I think with Skuse in the middle and the 3 that started there on saturday, we have looked a better team, it's not along term solution, however if we can avoid too many more losses between now and transfer window, then it's a job well done.

Skuse is a decent player as he showed in the swansea game, when he's played alongside a decent midfield partner, however since Marvin has joined he's generally always going to be his backup. If he's happy with that then he's a great player to have at the club.

Yes, all that shuffling around at the back was the main reason we conceded so many goals on Saturday obviously. Come on GJ - sort it out.

sign...........you have completly missed the point, which is why play midfielders out of position in a role they are unfamiliar with to cover an injured player, when there was a perfectly fit and able right back sat in the stands.

Yes. we kept a clean sheet......Great, however in other games that might not be the case, if Wilson's fit then he should start, however if he isn't, then Orr should come in.

At the end of the day, the only reason not to play Orr in this situation is down to the manager stubborness, who knows if Marv had been left in midfield on sat for 2nd half, we could have snatched all the 3points instead of messing him around and putting him in defence.

sign...........you have completly missed the point, which is why play midfielders out of position in a role they are unfamiliar with to cover an injured player, when there was a perfectly fit and able right back sat in the stands.

Yes. we kept a clean sheet......Great, however in other games that might not be the case, if Wilson's fit then he should start, however if he isn't, then Orr should come in.

At the end of the day, the only reason not to play Orr in this situation is down to the manager stubborness, who knows if Marv had been left in midfield on sat for 2nd half, we could have snatched all the 3points instead of messing him around and putting him in defence.

It's hardly an unfamiliar position for him is it. And who knows, if we had left him in the middle and shoved Wilson out there we may have lost. You don't know. A massive part of Orr's game is his commitment - with all the will in the world, if he can't or won't sign a new contract that's a large part of his game gone.

Playing Skuse out of position in an unfamiliar role, rather than play the CC's right back of the year, could be called stubborness, or is it a case of GJ 'cutting his nose to spite his face' or in this case, the team?.

I think he has, not for the first time, dug himself into a hole, which may get deeper on Sat.

Archived