IGNORED

Who Are You?

SWCSC

Hi Guys,

I'm the editor of a new Burnley site and am starting a new feature which basically is a few questions and answers with fans of our next opponents. I would be happy to do the same for you if you like. I will try to get them published ASAP if you can answer the questions for me.

1. What are your predictions and hopes for your season?

2. You are currently 15th in the league. Is this a true reflection of your season so far?

3. For the last few years you seem to have been on the up and had a great season last year. This season things look different. What if anything is going wrong?

4. What players should we be looking out for on Saturday?

5. What are your weaknesses?

6. What's your most memorable Bristol V Burnley game?

7. How do you think Burnley will do this season?

8. If there was one player you could take from Burnley who would it be and why?

9. And if there was one player you could send our way, who would it be and why?

10. And now for your score prediction for Saturday?

Would really appreciate any answers and the article will be published once I have 5 or 6 full answers, thanks.

Hi Guys,

I'm the editor of a new Burnley site and am starting a new feature which basically is a few questions and answers with fans of our next opponents. I would be happy to do the same for you if you like. I will try to get them published ASAP if you can answer the questions for me.

2. You are currently 15th in the league. Is this a true reflection of your season so far?

3. For the last few years you seem to have been on the up and had a great season last year. This season things look different. What if anything is going wrong?

Would really appreciate any answers and the article will be published once I have 5 or 6 full answers, thanks.

1. Mid tabe - hopefully stay out of the relegation battle

2. Yes to be fair, it probabaly is we have been below par this season to date.

3. Our style of football, for me has been poor. we seemed to have a abandoned the good football we we're playing that seemed so successful. Although our managed insists this is not the case.

4. Basso - class! Elliott, if he plays well - class also.

5. putting the ball in the net.

6. in league one beating you at your place (2-1 i think) - can remember goater scoring and hugging us in the crowd!!

7. being in 4th, must be a decent side - looking good for a play off place and have an outside chance of promotion.

8. Eagles - we need a right winger!!

9. Dele Adebola. past it.

10. Table does not lie - so, cant see a victory for us - but we are at home - 1-1

Hi Guys,

6th-14th

We could have had a few more points had decisions gone our way, but I expect every team can say that and to be honest our quality of football this season has been very poor, IMO.

Last season we struggled to score goals, but had a mean defense. This year that defense isnt so mean and we still cant score, hence less wins.

David Noble and Lee Trundle, middle ish row of the Williams. The big stand to your left...

Booze and women. Oh, I wouldnt say any specific style of play upsets us, but if our defense doesnt turn up we will struggle with anything.

Last season, some bloke scoring an overhead kick in the 90th minute to screw us.

5th-11th.

Akinbuyme, just to annoy everyone who seems to think he was bad for us

Lee Johnson, because I feel you would benefit from having a player with pace, who can link the defense and attack and get from box to box...

2-1 City, we're due a win.

Hi Guys,

1. What are your predictions and hopes for your season? mid-table obscurity and safety by March so we aren't pooping our pants come May

2. You are currently 15th in the league. Is this a true reflection of your season so far? Yes and No. The table doesn't lie, but we missed a Pen at home to Forest( 2 points lost), goal against Swansea at home not given(when photos show a yard over line - another 2 lost), good goal against Sheff W disallowed (2 points lost).

3. For the last few years you seem to have been on the up and had a great season last year. This season things look different. What if anything is going wrong? Couldn't score in a brothel

4. What players should we be looking out for on Saturday? What match you watching? At AG Sproule on the RW has cheetah like speed but is like MFI (no delivery); Basso will be performing acrobatic dives for cameras which he could have strolled over to; Marv Elliott will be bossing your midfield(in PFA team of last season - but not quite back to form yet but getting there); and absolutely no goal threat whatsever.

5. What are your weaknesses? see 3. above - couldn't score in a brothel, and wingers tuck in far too much offering little true width

6. What's your most memorable Bristol V Burnley game? I always remember my first trip to Oakwell, peed down with rain all day(that was a poor joke)

7. How do you think Burnley will do this season? Play-offs, if the cup doesn't distract - see Crapdiff last season.

8. If there was one player you could take from Burnley who would it be and why? Patterson - seriously - look at answers to 3 & 5 or Eagles if he would get his hairs cut - no haircut for a man that!!

9. And if there was one player you could send our way, who would it be and why? Andy Webster (CB) although on loan from Glasgow Rangers - please take him!!

10. And now for your score prediction for Saturday? probably 12-1 to City as I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Get publishing then matey - I've just given you 10 full answers

Hi Guys,

See my signature

Yes. Although 15th is a bit generous

Nothing. We're just biding our time. Nothing was ever won in December

Maynard is starting to hit a bit of form. Basso is always worth watching

Central midfield has the tenacity of a paper tissue

Who are Bristol? Then again, who are Burnley?

You look like a decent team but I think you will just miss out on playoffs. Let's say 8th.

Eagles seems pretty handy though I'm not sure he would strengthen our midfield

We could loan you our right back Christian Ribiero if you promise to play him on Saturday.

Tight game that could go wither way. 2 - 1 to us then.

Hi Guys,

1. I think we should start moving up the table but only finish about 11th

2. Probably, we have been poor alot but have had two perfectly good goals chalked off recently which would add us an extra 4 points

3. Style of play and confidence

4. Basso, Elliott, McIndoe, Adebola can all be unplayable on their day

5. Wings and scoring

6. I'm only 14 so last seasons where you nicked a point in the last minute from clark carlisle i believe

7. Play-off final

8. Eagles, Could goal-scoring winger, what we are crying out for

9. Nobody

10. All goes down to the first 20 minutes and the first goal i think. Think you will win though.

Hi Guys,

Stay in the division, maybe if january goes well, sneak into top half lower playoffs

yes, we have played very poorly in the last month or so. but we have a good manager, a decent backbone of Basso, Eliott, Carey and some considerable talent in Maynard, Trundle and Noble, if these players get played and we add to them in january we can certainly turn this season around.

the manager has dropped his 4-5-1 tactic and persevered with playing his son in a 4 man midfield. i don't have any issues with Lee Johnson, but the selection policy is beggining to rile a few supporters as we pay an arm and a leg to watch a midfield that doesnt function and never plays any attacking balls, the excitement has disappeared this season. our minimal goal threat has been replaced by a striker who needs it in the channels, yet we pump it high to him. other than that it's hunky dory

Basso has made more saves than any keeper in the division, Marvin Eliott is a class above most in the division, if Noble plays and trundle plays we will have two creative players who can tear any team apart on there day. noble has done middlesborough single handedly before, so played in his position he could certainly do you guys

creativity, tactics and wingplay. we don't attempt to put a young and talented striker through on goal, we don't play our creative players and we have NO wingers.

I didnt know Burnley had a Rugby team, and i hardly ever go watch Bristol, prefer Gloucester to be honest

promotion through the playoffs if you keep this up! you have a decent midfield, a top quality striker. overall you've developed from last season into a side to be feared. we don't fear you at all though :P

Eagles, creative central midfielder who can play on the wing... thank you very much. or McCann, the ginger centre mid, looks a real prospect

how long you got? Lee Johnson, Michale Mcindoe, Jamie Mccombe, Ivan sproule. all fairly weak footballers in all honesty

It's got 0-0 all over it,

Hi Guys,

My prediction at this point in the season is lower mid-table but my hopes are that we can get out of this run of bad form and make a late surge for the play offs

I think every team is where they deserve to be but it's fair to say things haven't exactly gone our way. In two of the last three games we've drawn 0-0 and had a legitimate goal disallowed in each, so I think in some respects we could be a little higher!

I think it's mainly a confidence thing. We started fairly brightly but I think we are definitley suffering from low morale and a lack of belief

It's hard to say as I never seem to know what Gary Johnson has up his sleeve line-up wise! I'd say our biggest upfront threat is Nicky Maynard as he can finish well (just don't ask anyone who went to Hillsbrough on Saturday!)

Our wingers seem to have a phobia of playing on the wing, and we give the ball away too cheaply in dangerous areas

Last season at Ashton Gate, when we scored very late in the game to make it 2-1, and it looked as if we'd wrapped up all three points only for an overhead kick to be scored in an almost instant response.

I've been really impressed with the start you've made. Coupled with confidence from a brilliant cup run, I think you're sure fire play off candidates if you can keep up your impressive form

Robbie Blake seems to have a keen eye for goal

Bradley Orr, as he has refused to sign a new contract and I would like to see us get some money for him when we have the chance.

My head says a narrow defeat, but I'm feeling optimistic and I'll go for a 2-1 home win.

Hi SWCSC.

Great feature - here's my contribution.

At the start 10th but would take 15th the way it is going.

The table never lies...or summit.

You can't have a great season every season. We have lost the momentum and luck we had last season- we also lack quality.

I still think Nicky Maynard will come good but our best players are goalkeeper Adraino Basso and holding midfielder Marvin Elliott.

We conceed lots of goals and don't score many...Also our midfield isn't the best!

Don't remember Bristol ever playing rugby against Burnley...

Very well. On the evidence of the Arsenal game, top 6 easily.

Martin Paterson is a good player.

Lee Johnson- so we can all move on if nothing else.

Well we are due a win, even if it is a fluke. 2-1? I can dream anyway.

I was prediciting top 6 at a push, but am hoping mid-table the way we are going..

Yes, not playing well and luck isnt on our side at the moment. We did have abit of luck last season so it is evening out this year..

Inconsistency, strange tactics, best players (IMO) either on the bench or watching from the stand.

Trundle & Noble - but you can bet your bottom dollar neither will start. Maynard is starting to come good, Elliott is getting there :fingerscrossed: and Basso is always good to watch.

A playmaker in midfield who passes the ball sideways or backwards.. Lack of width and no service to the strikers. Louis Carey not playing is a BIG weakness in our defence.

don't watch the egg-chasers mate..

Looking good so far, pray-offs I would imagine unless the cup makes you take your eye off of the league..

Eagles, always looks a good player..

A playmaker in midfield who passes the ball sideways or backwards.. We would be better off (and so would he be) if he left..

We are in desperate need of a good performance at home and some goals. It will be a tough game and I expect a draw, but I am going to go for a hopeful, very hopeful 3 - 1 to City.

Hi Guys,

Mid Table would be nice, a play off again would be unbelievable

It can reflect nothing but the truth.

Play-off hang over, it still hurts.

Marvin Elliot, Nicky Maynard, Adriano Basso

lack of killer instinct

Ummmm cant really say one sticks out, sorry.

Looking good for a play off i think.

Eaglesm great pedigree

Pffft, you wish. Well maybe....no actually i cant think of one player i would want to leave, i love them all!

0-0

Hi Guys,

I hope to sneak into the play-offs but being more realistic I would say 9th to about 14th

Yes we haven't played the football we can and we know we are capable of.

I don't think we've had our fair share of luck but if we don't perform on the pitch week in week out, then we won't get any luck.

Our goalkeeper Adriano Basso should be looked at and outfield I reckon Maynard will shine.

Our defence has been a little dodgy as of late and we haven't got a right winger that can hurt a team.

The 2-2 draw last year was the one that springs to mind because of Byfield's double and your last minute equaliser.

I think you'll do well but will slip at the end of the season finishing 7th, 8th or 9th.

Chris Eagles - he's got the flair and skill that we need in our team.

Ivan Sproule - very pacey but nothing else.

We need a win - 2-1 City

1. What are your predictions and hopes for your season? Hope is yo avoid relegation!

2. You are currently 15th in the league. Is this a true reflection of your season so far? Yes

3. For the last few years you seem to have been on the up and had a great season last year. This season things look different. What if anything is going wrong? Too narrow, no goalscorers, poor midfield, defence not as good as last year, impetus has gone, lady luck missing

4. What players should we be looking out for on Saturday?Basso, Elliott

5. What are your weaknesses?How long have you got?

6. What's your most memorable Bristol V Burnley game? I can't think of one in the last 30 years

7. How do you think Burnley will do this season?Play Offs - You are doing what we did last year

8. If there was one player you could take from Burnley who would it be and why?Patterson or Eagles - We need quality

9. And if there was one player you could send our way, who would it be and why?I don't wish to single out individuals - Collectively we have too many ordinary players and too little quality

10. And now for your score prediction for Saturday? 1-0 - We have got to win at home some time!

1. What are your predictions and hopes for your season? I would be happy with mid table, and then hopefully push on next year.

2. You are currently 15th in the league. Is this a true reflection of your season so far? Yeah, we have been poor all season and haven't beat anybody above us yet.

3. For the last few years you seem to have been on the up and had a great season last year. This season things look different. What if anything is going wrong? No service from the midfield. No service, no goals

4. What players should we be looking out for on Saturday?Maynard( I think he will be well up for it after his miss on saturday)

5. What are your weaknesses? The midfield

6. What's your most memorable Bristol V Burnley game? Last season at your place when Tamas Vasko bundled in his only goal for us, that was a great day :-)

7. How do you think Burnley will do this season?Play Offs - ( Good chance of winning them if you continue how you are playing)

8. If there was one player you could take from Burnley who would it be and why?Patterson or Eagles

9. And if there was one player you could send our way, who would it be and why? Stern John

10. And now for your score prediction for Saturday? 2-1 - Maynard and Mcindoe, Eagles for you

Many thanks everybody. Great response compared with many. I found Arsenal and Chelsea to be very hard to get any answers out of.

Sorry about question 6. I missed off the C after Bristol.

Living in Swansea I am also sick of hearing about the egg chasers :)

We will sing No Nay Never unfortunately. A song that should not be sung while we are below the barstewards, but the way Agent Ince is going for us we could be in the same league as them or even swap places :)

Then we can sing it proudly :)

I'm not allowed to link yet, but the busiest is Clarets-Mad.

Fansonline is the one I run, but its new and only 50 or so of us use it at the moment. Big changes soon, so that should improve.

Vital football is decent, but quiet.

Longsiders is a decent one too.

Article now on-line. Thanks once more and let's hope its a good game on Saturday.

Still unable to post a link so if you go to your link at the top titled 'fansonline' you will be on the right network to find Burnley and it is the first article on the site at the moment.

Archived