IGNORED

Luck

andy g

You can use those old cliches like "you make your own luck" or "luck evens itself out", but I think we had more than our fair share of luck last season.

How many times did Sheffield Wednesday miss the target in the away game there last season ? What about Leicester City away ? Or the goal away at S****horpe that just flew straight in from a cross ? Or the countless goal-line blocks ?

Yes, a lot of that was down to hard work from the players, but you have to admit we were lucky to get some of our results last season.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I think this season we've been pretty unlucky.

We've had two "goals that could have been" ruled out by the officials already - that could have been another four points and a much healthier league position. Those have been the sort of games we would probably have won last season.

Maybe that's the difference this season...

You can use those old cliches like "you make your own luck" or "luck evens itself out", but I think we had more than our fair share of luck last season.

How many times did Sheffield Wednesday miss the target in the away game there last season ? What about Leicester City away ? Or the goal away at S****horpe that just flew straight in from a cross ? Or the countless goal-line blocks ?

Yes, a lot of that was down to hard work from the players, but you have to admit we were lucky to get some of our results last season.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I think this season we've been pretty unlucky.

We've had two "goals that could have been" ruled out by the officials already - that could have been another four points and a much healthier league position. Those have been the sort of games we would probably have won last season.

Maybe that's the difference this season...

Good player/teams got luck becasue they are more skilfull.

A very good keeper once said that the posts where his best friends.

Archived