IGNORED

Haye V Vitali Klitschko

PhatWill

Haye to fight Vitali Klitschko at Wembley/Stamford Bridge in June next year.

He certainly doesn't f&&k about and has pursued the Klitschko's intensely for a few months now. Vitali is the older and tougher of the two I'd say. I hope Haye knows what he's doing, he's obviously got supreme confidence in himself.

Should be a great fight as Vitali's got a decent chin and Haye will be throwing some big punches. Haye's chin has also been suspect in the past.

Look forward to it!

Saw Pac man destroy De La Hoya the other night as well, fear for Hatton I have to say.

Oscar is WELL past his best though and I still don't understand why he took the fight against Pacman let alone why many yanks thought he was the favorite, i'm not sure if Hatton will beat him, however I'm sure he'll put in a much better showing than Oscar did........just make sure Cortez is far far away.

As for David Haye, much as I like his attitude, he's in boxing solely for the money, he wants to be undisputed champ asap, get a few pay checks and the wants to get out of boxing soon as he can, and to be honest I don't blame him. Fighting Vitali after only the barrett fight, is risky to say the least, I can understand why Vitali is taking the fight as I think Haye would beat Wladamir without too much problem, Vitali on the other hand, I just can't see Haye despite his power putting him down.

If he's going to win, it will be on points I feel, but it's a BLOODY tough ask after only beating what was a VERY limited Monte Barrett, personally i would have rather seen Haye have another fight at this level, even against someone like Hasim Rahmen.

either way, it's going to be a good 2009 for British Boxing.

(which will most likely see Froch lose his title quickly!)

also, just to heat the fight up early doors , Haye has to go and do a pic like this.........

david_haye_1206365c.jpg

It's utterly unknown what'll happen which means i'm guarenteed to tune in and watch it. If he messed about ala Khan, Harrison and the new lot of olympic chumps the hype will fade and noone will care. He's a great self promoter.

Oscar is WELL past his best though and I still don't understand why he took the fight against Pacman let alone why many yanks thought he was the favorite, i'm not sure if Hatton will beat him, however I'm sure he'll put in a much better showing than Oscar did........just make sure Cortez is far far away.

As for David Haye, much as I like his attitude, he's in boxing solely for the money, he wants to be undisputed champ asap, get a few pay checks and the wants to get out of boxing soon as he can, and to be honest I don't blame him. Fighting Vitali after only the barrett fight, is risky to say the least, I can understand why Vitali is taking the fight as I think Haye would beat Wladamir without too much problem, Vitali on the other hand, I just can't see Haye despite his power putting him down.

If he's going to win, it will be on points I feel, but it's a BLOODY tough ask after only beating what was a VERY limited Monte Barrett, personally i would have rather seen Haye have another fight at this level, even against someone like Hasim Rahmen.

either way, it's going to be a good 2009 for British Boxing.

(which will most likely see Froch lose his title quickly!)

also, just to heat the fight up early doors , Haye has to go and do a pic like this.........

david_haye_1206365c.jpg

De La Hoya was favourite due to the fight being fought at welterweight, well above Manny's natural weight (he started at fly weight I think??). But De La Hoya completely messed up the weight and entered the ring lighter than Manny!

De La Hoya should still have had the power to cause Manny some issues but Manny is the best boxer in the world at the moment and delivered a masterclass. De La Hoya just couldn't pick up on Manny's left jab, it was so quick he couldn't see it coming.

De La Hoya should retire now, along with Roy Jones Jnr and Calzaghe in fact.

I agree Hatton will do better than De La Hoya v Manny. It's Hatton's natural weight class for starters. Like you say as long as Cortez isn't reffing and Hatton is allowed to get on the inside of Manny then it should be a cracker. Manny moves so quickly though, he won't be easy for Hatton to pin down and i can see Hatton being picked off as he was against Mayweather.

Talking of Mayweather, him V Manny would also be some fight.

Haye is taking a big risk. However when was the last time Vitali was in the ring against genuine top class, hard hitting opposition? Vitali is getting on a bit and those shots that Haye lands are going to shock him I reckon, because he hasn't been hit hard for a while. You can always see Haye going down as well, so it's going to be fascinating.

Froch is undefeated and made of pretty stern stuff I reckon. I would like to see him and Calzaghe get it on now as they're two British boxers that seem to genuinely dislike each other and that always adds some spice. Can't see Calzaghe taking it though.

De La Hoya was favourite due to the fight being fought at welterweight, well above Manny's natural weight (he started at fly weight I think??). But De La Hoya completely messed up the weight and entered the ring lighter than Manny!

De La Hoya should still have had the power to cause Manny some issues but Manny is the best boxer in the world at the moment and delivered a masterclass. De La Hoya just couldn't pick up on Manny's left jab, it was so quick he couldn't see it coming.

De La Hoya should retire now, along with Roy Jones Jnr and Calzaghe in fact.

I agree Hatton will do better than De La Hoya v Manny. It's Hatton's natural weight class for starters. Like you say as long as Cortez isn't reffing and Hatton is allowed to get on the inside of Manny then it should be a cracker. Manny moves so quickly though, he won't be easy for Hatton to pin down and i can see Hatton being picked off as he was against Mayweather.

Talking of Mayweather, him V Manny would also be some fight.

Haye is taking a big risk. However when was the last time Vitali was in the ring against genuine top class, hard hitting opposition? Vitali is getting on a bit and those shots that Haye lands are going to shock him I reckon, because he hasn't been hit hard for a while. You can always see Haye going down as well, so it's going to be fascinating.

Froch is undefeated and made of pretty stern stuff I reckon. I would like to see him and Calzaghe get it on now as they're two British boxers that seem to genuinely dislike each other and that always adds some spice. Can't see Calzaghe taking it though.

DLH v Pacman was always going to be about physique. The 'experts' predicted that Oscar could move down the weights without draining himself, whilst it seemed impossible for Manny to move up and not be dwarfed and overpowered. In the end, Manny moved up with the perfect gameplan - head movement, bursts of punches and lot's of footwork - and it beat a very weary looking De La Hoya.

As you hinted, Hatton at his natural weight is formidable, so Manny should by all accounts face a tougher prospect. Hatton will be closing down much faster, and his pressure will be relentless. Manny would have to do a lot of dancing, with those fierce bursts, and he could cut Hatton with the straight lefts (talking of which, the southpaw issue comes into play). If Hatton won - and he'd stand a fighting chance - the rematch with Mayweather would be made...I'm buzzing at the thought of it.

I have much respect for Haye hunting down the best in the sport at his new weight division, and he has a perfect style for television, not to mention a big mouth that he uses eloquently. His defence is iffy, but his power is phenomenal. He's certainly going to be a harder prospect than the obese Samuel Peter was for Vitali, and again has a chance.

As for Froch, he blocks punches with his chin rather than his guard, which works just because his jaw is made of granite! Real power, but hasn't faced world class opposition yet. Jury's out for me, but his WBC crown means we're in for one or two big fights fom him which I look forward to seeing.

Archived