IGNORED

This Season

LSN

All this hoo haa about Wilson, staying/going, tactically inept or whatever, in my memory has helped this season to be the most exiting for me for as long as I can remember.

Lately, the re-introduction of the East End bringing that much needed atmosphere back to the Gate, signings . . . very expensive signings, the frustration of results, that 11 match unbeaten run, the two games of Plymouth and QPR in my eyes have really made us fans united.

I finally enjoy going to matches now. I used to not WANT to come to city but felt the NEED to come, I never enjoyed it as much as now. I put all this on the East End.

The Tinnion testimonial year, Scott Murray returning, Doherty playing out of his skin, that Rougier player looking like he can take on any player in the world is the things that attract me to coming to the Gate.

But most of all, I think it's the frustration of City playing, but not at thier best which really attracts me. This, with me knowing how well the lads can play and what a thrill it is to watch them play such quality football is so entertaining, with the players we now have there is more of a chance of us doing that. We all know how well we can play, its just that frustration of City not doing it all the time which makes me want to see it sooo much. It's an addiction.

I used to sit near the away fans in the Williams, because sometimes there was a few chants around there (as much as you lot think otherwise) and a bit of banter with the away fans, which I found amusing, but I didnt feel that anywhere in the home end was a place to release that frustration. But now! That East End, I get frutrated, let it out, sing those songs and feel so much better even if we havn't won or played that special football I know we can play.

The Question I put to you is . . . . . is it that majic of the East End?

Frankly the excitement off the pitch, if you can call that excitement, has been greater than the excitement ON the pitch this season.

I don't recall such a pee-poor set of performances throughout a season on a regular basis than this season for a long time.

I'm also fed up with DW's quotes, he's making Blair sound normal.

This is has been one of the most boring seasons for a while watching City!! It has to be worst playing standard Div 2 has seen for ages! The football has been stereotyped, and lacking any edge-of-the-seat excitment!

Don't get me wrong I'll be cheering as loud as the next person if we go up through whatever means - but it has been a largely forgettable season to date!

Wrexham (away) is my vote for the worst game of the season!!!

Guest East-Ender
The Question I put to you is . . . . . is it that majic of the East End?
Got it in one. Of course its the magic of the East End. The East End is not just another stand, it is a religion, a way of life and i know many other 'Ender's who's lives revolve around that famous End, most notably EastEndAggro. The magic of the East end cannot be described by words so i will not even bother. Long live the EASTEND. I love purple.

Guest EastEndAggro

I whole-heartedly agree with East-Enders and LSN's sentiments. The East End has added something new and exciting. As LSN has pointed out, it is the 'Majic' of the East End.

One point I think which is missing however is how much the rest of the ground has improved in terms of atmosphere since the EE has been reclaimed (half of it anyway). I havn't heard the other stands make so much noise for many a year!

The football on the pitch may not be up to such a high standard this season, but if we go up I don't think many people will be complaining about that.

They gotta give us our end back.

EastEndAggro LOVES purple - lets get that purple away kit we all want.

Got it in one. Of course its the magic of the East End. The East End is not just another stand, it is a religion, a way of life and i know many other 'Ender's who's lives revolve around that famous End, most notably EastEndAggro. The magic of the East end cannot be described by words so i will not even bother. Long live the EASTEND. I love purple.
:dunno::)

I would pay more money to sit in the East End and get a crap view than sit in Williams block E with the old farts......

I feel as though some may have mis interpreted my views.

The East End - has helped bring back excitement of match day. The results - as inconsistent as they are, for me, has brought about frustration which = excitement! let me explain:

Last year, we had more of a consistent season, with loses after loses then wins after wins. This season on the other hand, as the team are so much more inconsistent I have found to enjoy it more. Dont get me wrong, I would much rather we win every single game, but the excitement of this season and all the baggage which has come with it (signings, rumours and debates on here) has been the most exciting for a few seasons now. I go to the games now not knowing how we will play, its much like playing the lottery. When we do hit the jackpot it is that much more exciting that it addicts me to watching City far more. If we lose, theres always that chance of me winning that jackpot next week!

Its not the amount of points we get in games that i'm talking about, its the anticipation of City winning or performing to their best which really addicts me on going to the gate.

Of course, the East End will always be logged in my memory for a life time, this is where I began to actually KNOW that I was going to enjoy the afternoon/evening watching the mighty reds play.

Christ mate, you are easy to please. How many months have you been watching City then?
So, someone writes about why they enjoy going down the gate and they are now easy to please?

It took along time for me to enjoy going to see City play, this only happened through the EE given back.

I suppose a positive post gets frowned upon if written on this forum, anyone know of a forum where you are aloud to write such 'drivvel'? :P

I'll say something for City; following their 'fortunes' is never boring.

Can you imagine supporting one of those teams that just know without question that it's

a. (yet) another mid-table finish instore for the season?

b. (if you're Celtic) yet another title season?

How dull.

Archived