IGNORED

Johnson Signings Perm/loan-best Or Worst In Both

wembley87

Hiya all City fans.

The new edition of fanzine "One Team In Bristol" is out on Sat against Burnley.

One of the articles in there is about Gary Johnson's signings.

We would like to know what you think is Gary Johnson's best and worst perm and loan signings since he has been with the club?

Lets us know on here and we will tell you the results in next edition in Jan.

Thanks for all who take part.

The fanzine is on sale at all usual outlets on Sat,a happy christmas and happy new year to all City fans.

"One Team In Bristol"

Hiya all City fans.

The new edition of fanzine "One Team In Bristol" is out on Sat against Burnley.

One of the articles in there is about Gary Johnson's signings.

We would like to know what you think is Gary Johnson's best and worst perm and loan signings since he has been with the club?

Lets us know on here and we will tell you the results in next edition in Jan.

Thanks for all who take part.

The fanzine is on sale at all usual outlets on Sat,a happy christmas and happy new year to all City fans.

"One Team In Bristol"

Surely not worse than Tony Dinning? He was truely awful!!

It depends on how you are judging it. Some of his early loan signings were truly terrible players but they were signed purely to give existing players a kick up the backside and demonstrate that Johnson values determination and workrate above all else. Once the existing bunch had either got the message or moved on those players were no longer needed.

Best loan signing was Fontaine. Worst (ability-wise) was Youga.

Best permanent signing was Basso. Worst was probably Betsy although he did contribute to the promotion.

Worst loan signing = John, Webster

Best loan signing = ________________

Best permanent signing = Marvin Elliott, Adriano Basso, Nick Carle? (over doubled his worth)

Worst permanent signing = Betsy, Lee Johnson

Out of interest; Why is John the "worst" signing GJ has made on loan? Same for Lee Johnson, except permanent?

GJ Worst loan = Kelly Younga; bad attitude, bad football, bad signing all-told really.

GJ Best loan = David Noble; yes, he signed properly a month or two later, but he was proof GJ and his bro could pick up gems from the lower leagues early doors.

Out of interest; Why is John the "worst" signing GJ has made on loan? Same for Lee Johnson, except permanent?

GJ Worst loan = Kelly Younga; bad attitude, bad football, bad signing all-told really.

GJ Best loan = David Noble; yes, he signed properly a month or two later, but he was proof GJ and his bro could pick up gems from the lower leagues early doors.

Because i think GJ bought John here on loan with a view for a perm but he has been very poor i think, fair enough he has scored 2 goals but i think he has been poor and looking uninterested.

Well fair enough he has helped with the promotion but i don't rate him as a player and believe he is blocking others (Noble and Williams) from having a go but i don't want this to turn into a Lee Johnson thread.

Because i think GJ bought John here on loan with a view for a perm but he has been very poor i think, fair enough he has scored 2 goals but i think he has been poor and looking uninterested.

Well fair enough he has helped with the promotion but i don't rate him as a player and believe he is blocking others (Noble and Williams) from having a go but i don't want this to turn into a Lee Johnson thread.

Ignoring Lee Johnson then (I disagree but also don't want to this to be a LJ thread); what about John has been "poor"? His strike rate is actually 1-in-4 (8 games (4 starts, 4 sub), 2 goals), better than all our other strikers. Add to this he has an assist (Watford for Maynard, which incidentally makes him responsible for our last two goals) and won a last minute pen versus Forest.

I don't know what people expected from John when he arrived but his stats over his first few games for us are similar to another striker who a lot of people think should be introduced back into the side now (Lee Trundle's stats over his first 8 league games = 2 goals, 2 assists and that was with more minutes on the pitch than John has had).

I'd give him at least until the window; he's only just settling into playing with the team and more specifically Maynard. We'll see more from him.

He is certainly not the "worst" loan by GJ; that's just short-sighted, knee-jerk lunacy; something a fair few on here seem to be indulging in a hell of a lot recently unfortunately.

Archived