IGNORED

Steve Lansdown On Talksport

Ryan 7

It's a stupid idea because it in no way reflects the football league. If anyone can point me to a league team that has 13 international players in their 16 each week you win a biscuit.

Now if the Prem did it.. it still wouldn't work because they'd just take the foreigners younger and younger and bypass the rule. Arsenal may field entire teams of foreigners but they're still home grown foreigners...

It doesn't even help clubs produce their own talent because the players can be "home grown" from any team not just the one they play for...

Just an absolute waste of time IMO.

It's a stupid idea because it in no way reflects the football league. If anyone can point me to a league team that has 13 international players in their 16 each week you win a biscuit.

Now if the Prem did it.. it still wouldn't work because they'd just take the foreigners younger and younger and bypass the rule. Arsenal may field entire teams of foreigners but they're still home grown foreigners...

It doesn't even help clubs produce their own talent because the players can be "home grown" from any team not just the one they play for...

Just an absolute waste of time IMO.

Agreed - ineffective in the Football League - would benefit the Prem and ENGLISH football, if the insistence was that we had home grown nationals of the particular countries league in the match 16/17 whatever applied across Europe.

Employment laws surely won't be breached because a club can employ who they like, just can't use them all at the same time.

Bad side of this would mean a (hopefully short term) lowering of standards across the continent, continued inflated prices for average English players, and also closer to home, maybe Cardiff will come across the bridge and take all our youngsters because they spend like they have lots of money, but whilst the Prem is regarded as a great league, I take little pride in that because it's nothing to do with the quality of English football.

Archived