IGNORED

How Much For Marvin Elliot?

Guest wolf2

Hi Wolves fan here. Strong rumours in the Midlands that we are going to making a bid for Marvin Elliot in January to act as cover for our captain Karl Henry. What kind of fee do you think it would take to prize him away from Ashton Gate? Do you think he would be interested in a move or will he hold out for a Premier League club? Ive seen Pompey also linked so who knows.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
Hi Wolves fan here. Strong rumours in the Midlands that we are going to making a bid for Marvin Elliot in January to act as cover for our captain Karl Henry. What kind of fee do you think it would take to prize him away from Ashton Gate? Do you think he would be interested in a move or will he hold out for a Premier League club? Ive seen Pompey also linked so who knows.

Hes probably our best player along with keeper basso on his day,strong workmanlike midfielder with a cracking shot on him hes only 23 so got to be 3 mill minimum in todays market,saying that you bought akinbiyi off us for 3.5 mill didnt you? so ill change that to 7 mill. :englandsmile4wf:

We sold Akinbiyi for £5m as well! Re Elliot, he is a player I would like to see at Molineux and certainly fits the profile of the players we have been targeting recently like Stearman, SEB and Jones. Do you think he is Premier League class - we are ideally looking for players who can make that step up if ( fingers crossed ) we go up. The gap to the Prem is massive and ideally we need some of our players to be able to do a job up there.

Somewhere around £2 500 000 I reckon.

Talking Wolves, John Richards and Kenny Hibbit where such good players!!

Have you heard of the Swede Wolves?? (Got nothing to do with them, honestly!!).

Just having a look on some of the other threads re who you would like to see come in the January window. I've heard Stoke are going in for Surman and the other Saints player ( Lallana? ) though I would like to see Surman at Wolves. Scott Sinclair is also another we are known to be monitoring - but he cant go anywhere until they finalise their next Champions League squad sometime in January. Matty Fryatt/Joe Mattock/Jay Tabb have also been linked but I'm not sure any of them are really that much kop. Also, have to say you were very unfortunate to miss out on Mancienne - he is some player and was set to sign for you before some injuries down the Bridge. He looks a class apart and both him and Stearman now seem to have an excellent partnership going.

Elliott wont be going anyway to be "back up". As for value £2.5m will be my fee and as for your question can he make the step up most definetly.

The likelihood is he would be back up to start with if he came here. Henry has been excellent this season and is also our captain. However we lack direct competition for him ( Jones/Edwards are completly different players ) and I reckon Elliot could replace him eventually.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
The likelihood is he would be back up to start with if he came here. Henry has been excellent this season and is also our captain. However we lack direct competition for him ( Jones/Edwards are completly different players ) and I reckon Elliot could replace him eventually.

marvin would not sign for another championship team as cover for someone.you would have to guarantee him a 1st team spot to even have a chance.

and yes he can make the step up.

We've got 200 wild wolves. Not chicken football fans ; )

((((Plus some Wolves football supporters, Swedish Wolves)))).

On the latter we have protection hunt.

I would think he'd want to go to a bigger club than Wolves.

I can see him going to West Brom, or some team like that.

I would think he'd want to go to a bigger club than Wolves.

I can see him going to West Brom, or some team like that.

:clapping:

More chance of Chelsea going in for Cat Deeley than WBA signing a midfielder who puts his foot in!

Miles Addison and Darren Pratley are also options. Who do you think the best players in this league are?

:clapping:

More chance of Chelsea going in for Cat Deeley than WBA signing a midfielder who puts his foot in!

Miles Addison and Darren Pratley are also options. Who do you think the best players in this league are?

To be fair, most of Wolves' forward line.

But youre still a s**t club.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
To be fair, most of Wolves' forward line.

But youre still a s**t club.

ill agree with the sh** club thing thing but i think youve got the league wrapped up this year.

our day will come soon.(but not this season!) :tumbleweed:

:yawn:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one!

Whatever.

I'll play our no seasons in the last 30 in the top division against your one season in the last 30 in the top division, or whatever the stats are, thats says, we're not that much more s**t than you.

So what makes you think any of our best players would want to join your pisspot club, I don't know.

Heard we're in for Jarvis by the way.

Why ??

In a town a fraction of the size of Bristol, they have a club with great tradition and great support - we are nowhere near there standing.

Why is it a s**t club ?

Because he's on here giving it large like we're some sort of village team that just lets all our best players go to whoever will pay enough.

Might be true, but its ###### arrogant.

Heard we're in for Jarvis by the way.

Thought you had a decent left winger! He aint thrown his toys out again surely!

Jarvis is different class, I reckon he has been better than Kightly this season - when fit.

His best game was probably the one versus you at Molineux in September?

Because he's on here giving it large like we're some sort of village team that just lets all our best players go to whoever will pay enough.

Might be true, but its ###### arrogant.

Giving it large? Who are you? Danny Dyer?

The fact is that we are in a good position at the moment and might be attractive to a player like Elliot. If Everton make a bid for SEB he will probably be interested, I'm realistic.

Jarvis is different class, I reckon he has been better than Kightly this season - when fit.

Michael McIndoe will one day be a VERY VERY good manager.

If he would like to stay in football that is.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
Why ??

In a town a fraction of the size of Bristol, they have a club with great tradition and great support - we are nowhere near there standing.

Why is it a s**t club ?

we should be near there standing and will overtake it,we have a historic lively city that takes some beating in the uk with twice the population,

i think that the sh** club thing comes from the general reputation of the town itself,have you ever been there?

it makes bradford&leicester look like kensington!

Our Michael is one of the hardest working players I've ever seen, which makes up for a significant lack of ability, but this season as you rightly imply he has been a world class sulker.

As I said, your foward line is class, up at Molineux off comes Kightly and you think there's a bit of respite, but on comes Jarvis and he's even better! Have I got that the right way round?

OK Marvin. Ive heard talks have taken place with a view to Ellliott signing for your pisspot club in January or the end of the season. Quite why he'd want to join you nasally challenged wierdos I really don't know, I think its more to do with whats going on here than what youve got to offer.

You are in more than a good position mate, promotion is yours to chuck away.

I've seen a few games on TV and you're playing the best football in the division by far, if we were doing that a lot of people on here would be arrogant and talking about winning the Premier League next season.

Enjoy it while you can.

As for Marvin Elliott, he would suit your team and he has the potential for the Premier League, but he aint showed much of it this season so far.

Jarvis ? No thanks.

I'll drink a Grebbestad Julöl to that :drunk2:

Goodnight Bristol!

I fail to see how this wolf is 'on here giving it large', seems to be polite enough for me , far more polite than you are being NickJ. If you offered Marv a chance in your first team he'd probably go (i'd say certain but he's always saying how much he likes it here). I'd be dissapointed with less than 3 million.

I'm 1 hour ahead of you bastards and you will never catch me :winner_third_h4h:

Grebbestad Julöl!

Don't forget it.

What is freedom??

In Sweden you have to buy strong beer at Systembolaget (the monopoly because we can't handle boose and would probably lose a generation).

Anyway, because of the freedom of trade in EC I can go in to any of their shops and ask them to order beer from Bristol to me and they will do it.

As you are living in a free "beer country" I'm sure you can walk in to your local booser and order some Grebbestad? You bet.

What is freedom? I'm not to sure.

Goodnight!!

I fail to see how this wolf is 'on here giving it large', seems to be polite enough for me , far more polite than you are being NickJ. If you offered Marv a chance in your first team he'd probably go (i'd say certain but he's always saying how much he likes it here). I'd be dissapointed with less than 3 million.

Well I am truly sorry.

I meant to say, of course, yes wolfie, I think Marv would love to go to your pisspot club to be backup to your midfield, because most obviously we are even more of a pisspot club, and our best players don't even merit a place in your first team, you are the Chelsea and we are the Bolton of this division.

And with attitudes like that is why we will remain even more of a pisspot club than wolfies.

Archived