IGNORED

Leroy Lita

Sampson City Reds

I was just looking through the football pages on the BBC teletext pages and on there they have a gossip column were they take diffrent snipeds out of the daily papers and Ive have just read this which has came out of todays Sun.

Apparently Reading will sell Lita in January for just 300 thousand! Surely this cant be right?

An absolute bargain for a manager that can manage him.

I was just looking through the football pages on the BBC teletext pages and on there they have a gossip column were they take diffrent snipeds out of the daily papers and Ive have just read this which has came out of todays Sun.

Apparently Reading will sell Lita in January for just 300 thousand! Surely this cant be right?

I have a friend in the know at Norwich and Lita is going to them in January for 800,000 also We tabled an offer for him at the same time as Norwich , however Mr Coppel stepped in and said he would only allow Lita to go to Norwich , as the nearest major town is a two hour drive from there, so to limit his 'bad habits'.

I have a friend in the know at Norwich and Lita is going to them in January for 800,000 also We tabled an offer for him at the same time as Norwich , however Mr Coppel stepped in and said he would only allow Lita to go to Norwich , as the nearest major town is a two hour drive from there, so to limit his 'bad habits'.

If they're selling him, why would they care?

Your friend is confusing this with the possible loan deal.

Norwich don't have £80 let alone £800'000.

I can't imagine Coppell would care where he went if he was selling him.. he did say that for the loan request that he wouldn't let him here.

Norwich don't have £80 let alone £800'000.

I can't imagine Coppell would care where he went if he was selling him.. he did say that for the loan request that he wouldn't let him here.

Correct - it was the loan that Coppell dictated upon.

Despite financial problems at Norwich, I wonder if they continue to pay new recruits more than we do? - that's surely what will determine Leroy's next move?

If Lita is going to go anywhere hes going to go to norwich hes playing brilliant down there i watched him on sky vs ipswich and he had a cracking game

he would'nt come back to city now, not after the crowd reaction he got when we played norwich

Lita will go to whoever pays him the most £££ and if thats City he would not give 2 ######s about the fans who booed him.

If Lita is going to go anywhere hes going to go to norwich hes playing brilliant down there i watched him on sky vs ipswich and he had a cracking game

he would'nt come back to city now, not after the crowd reaction he got when we played norwich

Search back through the BCFC world archives and look at the interview with Lita following the Norwich game. He left the door fully open for a return top City should it ever happen. I don't think we need another striker but if he was available at the right price then as Gj is a fan of him I would not be surprised to see him return.

Lets put a stop to this talk now shall we. He will go to West Brom in January. Of that there is no doubt.

Including the other gent on this thread you are the 5th diffeernt person to have told me this, from wildly different directions too.

Fully expect Lita to be filling in for the injured Mr. I Miller at the Hawthorns come Jan.

Including the other gent on this thread you are the 5th diffeernt person to have told me this, from wildly different directions too.

Fully expect Lita to be filling in for the injured Mr. I Miller at the Hawthorns come Jan.

For Tony Mowbray its a no-brainer. Relatively cheap for what he is getting and potentially a player that can score the goals they need. He'll either get 8 goals in 20 games for them or none! Worth the gamble though. Lets not forget that when he was in his purple patch for Reading, Bolton wanted him to replace Anelka and Reading turned down a bid of over £7million!

For Tony Mowbray its a no-brainer. Relatively cheap for what he is getting and potentially a player that can score the goals they need. He'll either get 8 goals in 20 games for them or none! Worth the gamble though. Lets not forget that when he was in his purple patch for Reading, Bolton wanted him to replace Anelka and Reading turned down a bid of over £7million!

Lita might have a touch of the 'Big Head about him, but he can score goals against the toughest defences; he proved it in Reading's first top flight season and for the England U21s.

At £1 million he'll be a snip for someone, shame it'll not be us.

Oh well; at least we'll make a little bit of cash out of it...

Lita might have a touch of the 'Big Head about him, but he can score goals against the toughest defences; he proved it in Reading's first top flight season and for the England U21s.

At £1 million he'll be a snip for someone, shame it'll not be us.

Oh well; at least we'll make a little bit of cash out of it...

I always thought those sell on clauses pay out on the profit made, if they sell him for any less than £1m, we wont get anything I don't think. Just to think, if reading had sold him to bolton we would have gotten millions, although they are probably more upset about his loss of form and transfer value than we are. Still, if they insist on a sell on clause, and receive money for him in the future, we could still see a bit of that, like when akinbiyi was bought and sold.

Si.

He would do something none of our other forwards seems capable of doing and thats scoring regularly at this level. don't see why anyone wouldnt want him back who cares what he does off the pitch he will do the business on it and would easily be our best player.

Our current team don't make anything like enough chances for him to thrive.

Lita has always needed 4 good chances to score 1 goal.

Our current team don't make anything like enough chances for him to thrive.

Lita has always needed 4 good chances to score 1 goal.

I just simply don't think thats true hes at a crap team now scoring goals infact hes scored goals at every team hes played for. I'm sure if he came here he .would score goals and more so than any of our current strikeforce.

I just simply don't think thats true hes at a crap team now scoring goals infact hes scored goals at every team hes played for. I'm sure if he came here he .would score goals and more so than any of our current strikeforce.

Well that's how I remember him - he often scored a goal but he always seemed to miss several chances first.

He very often slashed at the ball and hit it wildly over the bar and he was selfish, often not passing to his forward partner in a better position.

I've watched Lita for the England U.21's and he's exactly the same there.

This City team doesn't make as many chances as the one he played in previously and I don't think he'd score alot of goals for us now.

Lita's first full season in league 1 he scored 29, we signed Brooker who scored 16 after scoring [4] ? for Port Vale.

Much talk about attacking midfielders, and that season we had Wilkshire, scored 10 and Murray scored 8. The center midfield was shared by Docherty, Orr, Tinnion and Scott Brown, some hard tacklers in there. Leroy was surrounded by these players in League 1 and made the most of it. Of all of these players, Wilkshire has advanced the most, playing as regular right wing back for Australia. He plays box to box, tackles with power, takes the dead ball situations and assists with regularity at International level. Lita scores with regularity and creates his own opportunities, something he may have learnt from Brooker.

City's main negative is their grandpa options, Adebola 33, Trundle 32 and John 32. These old pros wont get faster or better and I have been at a loss as to why GJ keeps selecting players past their prime who cost us money, matches and our position in the table.

If we have to pay money and big wages for anyone, can we look for players under 26 and at least get some mileage out of them. If Lita's price is right, lets do it, he's a little older now and hopefully matured a little. We cant keep judging each other for the sins of our youth........ can we ? Good Lord, half of us would be in jail !

Archived