IGNORED

Scott Murray

Rowley Birkin

If Scott Murray's not in tomorrows squad, I'd love to know G.J.'s reasons for giving him a new contract ?

Along with the loan signing of Webster, surely this is money in wages City are just throwing down the pan ?

I'd love to see Scotty on the bench tomorrow, as surely there's not going too be many more opportunities to ever see him in a City shirt again.

GJ gave him a new contract because he has plans to give with a job with the club in coaching after he retires from football. If we would have ssold him then we would of had to re-enployed him. He was a very good player in his day but hes not the answer to our recent form. But i see a winning run coming soon.

GJ gave him a new contract because he has plans to give with a job with the club in coaching after he retires from football. If we would have ssold him then we would of had to re-enployed him. He was a very good player in his day but hes not the answer to our recent form. But i see a winning run coming soon.

Put him on from the start and tell him to run his socks off and give the left back a seeing to. Lets start the game with purpose and pace and get behind them.

Lets back up, GJ signed Betsy to replace Murray. Scott Murray, was quite frankly not doing the job, like 1 good game in five ! This forum was full of posts about too old, too slow, needs to go etc.

Betsy proves to be less than stellar, so GJ signs Sproule. Instead of Murray, GJ has selected Skuse, Wiliams, Wilson, Carle, Noble and Wilkshire.

That has got to tell you people that GJ does not rate Murray....as a player..... in front of the above players. He's 34 and will not get better or faster, get used to it !

I understand that Murray is involved in our junior coaching system and thats brilliant. There comes a time when good or popular players have to turn to coaching, management or another career Murray has reached that crossroad and GJ has obviously recognised that fact, however he also realises that Scotty can serve us well in other capacities.

I wish him well !

Just because all the other players who've played there aren't good enough doesn't mean suddenly make Scott.

I wonder why he got a playing deal this year, but it's probably worth it if we keep him in the coaching system.

If Scott Murray's not in tomorrows squad, I'd love to know G.J.'s reasons for giving him a new contract ?

Along with the loan signing of Webster, surely this is money in wages City are just throwing down the pan ?

I'd love to see Scotty on the bench tomorrow, as surely there's not going too be many more opportunities to ever see him in a City shirt again.

He probably doesn't believe he is good enough to start a game but decided to name him as an outfield player for the squad just in case, makes sense to me if he's still fit enough.

Scott Murray is picking up bloody good wages for doing naff all for the past 2 years.

Give him a job (and reflect his pay) on the coaching staff now or get rid of him.

Its a joke.

Forget past glories, we need players who can move the club up the table.

The club is stagnating before our eyes because of Johnson's failure to refresh the club with new faces and new ideas.

yep.......it applies to ALL players, many of whom just are not upto it at this level

Guest RobbieTurner

Scott Murray still as a lot to give on the pitch. I believe sould start with him on the right today, he can still be our match winner and he can still cross the ball better than Sproule and Williams.

I hope he starts and I'll have a few quid on him scoring the first goal to back it up - and i'll watch with joy as he runs off lifting his shirt to reveal the 100 on his vest !!!

Come on Scotty !

Come on City !!

Come on you reeedddddssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bringing him on with 5 or so minutes to go, tells me GJ does not like our Scotty, and at right back, when we needed him much further up the pitch getting in crosses.

How the hell can a player show what he can bring to a game in such little time.

Another strike against GJ in my book.

Bringing him on with 5 or so minutes to go, tells me GJ does not like our Scotty, and at right back, when we needed him much further up the pitch getting in crosses.

How the hell can a player show what he can bring to a game in such little time.

Another strike against GJ in my book.

GJ just said on BBC radio Bristol that he brought Scotty on because Orr had cramp. He also said thats why Scotty was on the bench as cover for Orr so obviously he doesnt think he can still do a job right wing

GJ just said on BBC radio Bristol that he brought Scotty on because Orr had cramp. He also said thats why Scotty was on the bench as cover for Orr so obviously he doesnt think he can still do a job right wing

And i am beging to think is GJ is all he's made out to be?

His style of football is the cramp in the middle of the park.

And i am beging to think is GJ is all he's made out to be?

His style of football is the cramp in the middle of the park.

Red GJ is a good manager. I do believe he will turn things around, he's done it before and will again. We all know some players arent good enough. January cant come quick enough

Apart from Scotty, have we got anyone that can do a job on the right wing? Or the left for that matter....

Using Murray as a Right-back was a crap decision. When Murray was brought on I thought we were moving to a 3-4-3 formation as we were 2-1 down but we stuck with how we were but with a Winger at the back instead... Doesn't make sense. If you've got a player like Murray you can't have him in that position where he doesn't provide anything of value. Murray should have been brought on with the scores at 1-1 and as a WINGER not a Defender.

Using Murray as a Right-back was a crap decision. When Murray was brought on I thought we were moving to a 3-4-3 formation as we were 2-1 down but we stuck with how we were but with a Winger at the back instead... Doesn't make sense. If you've got a player like Murray you can't have him in that position where he doesn't provide anything of value. Murray should have been brought on with the scores at 1-1 and as a WINGER not a Defender.

Orr had cramp and Murray started his city career as a full back. also is toooooo slow for right wing IMO

:clapping::clapping::clapping::thumbsup:

Murray was only in the squad today because we are so thin on the ground. As much as i love the guy hes just too old to have an impact anymore and also should have probably been sent off after it looked like he clearly brought down Eagles.

If Orr had to come off then Akinde should have come on and given us something different with his pace and power.

I take my hat off to you Eamer. Hit the nail on the head, you must be getting wiser in yer old age!

Orr had cramp and Murray started his city career as a full back. also is toooooo slow for right wing IMO

Danny Coles started off as a Striker but never saw City pushing him up front. We were losing. You don't put a Winger in at Right-back at that point. Ryan Giggs has lost pace but he plays a more creative central midfield role now. Don't see him replacing Gary Neville at the back do you? You're also forgetting that Murray was also once a Striker during his utility days before City. Which Goalkeeper was it? Ray Cashley I think... he started his career as a Striker didn't he? Can't seem to remember ever reading about him playing up-front during the latter stages of his career because he was a little less mobile though...

Murray is a Winger. He was a Right-back over 10 years ago. He's been training as a Winger for most of his career, throwing him at the back can do no good. As we saw by him falling over when chasing back and nearly getting himself sent off. Put him out wide. Can't do worse than what we've seen so far this season.

Danny Coles started off as a Striker but never saw City pushing him up front. We were losing. You don't put a Winger in at Right-back at that point. Ryan Giggs has lost pace but he plays a more creative central midfield role now. Don't see him replacing Gary Neville at the back do you? You're also forgetting that Murray was also once a Striker during his utility days before City. Which Goalkeeper was it? Ray Cashley I think... he started his career as a Striker didn't he? Can't seem to remember ever reading about him playing up-front during the latter stages of his career because he was a little less mobile though...

Murray is a Winger. He was a Right-back over 10 years ago. He's been training as a Winger for most of his career, throwing him at the back can do no good. As we saw by him falling over when chasing back and nearly getting himself sent off. Put him out wide. Can't do worse than what we've seen so far this season.

Hear hear.

Complete waste of time Scotty playing at RB. He is used to having the ball at his feet running towards defenders - not the other way around. He may not have the pace he used to have, but he is still better (IMO) than anyone else we have tried on the right wing..

I actually think its a bit of a Johnson ploy to think fans are thick and he feels if he plays players in positions that they won't play well in, then it justify's his position to drop them.

When Johnson was injured Skuse came in, in midfield, but a majority of the fans would rather have seen Williams or Noble filling the role. Despite Skuse playing well, our next game we see Noble and Williams when coming on, filling the wing. Johnson does it to try and make these players look to have little use and therefore can bang his favourites straight back in.

Now people may think I'm mad saying that but for me, I think he's left dele out so long not just because of injury but to try and say we need him up front.

Trundle, Noble, Williams and Murray (today) have all not been given a fair chance and probably won't be.

Williams was brought in as cover, so he'll be cover.

Noble is not favoured, neither is Trundle.

Murray is wanted in the background and not in the foreground.

If players leave in January I feel it will be;

Webster (return), Trundle, Noble, and Orr.

He will sign John much to everyone's frustration as if he didn't feel he would be part of the team we wouldn't be playing him week in week out, when Trundle and Akinde are both perfectly able to play.

I'm yet to see Johnson play a team which you don't question pre kick off, and I'm not alone. I don't think Murray is the answer and whilst if in need I would rather see him play, I certainly wouldn't want him to be our full time right winger. Sproule has played better of late but he's a half a trick pony and there are better wingers in league one.

My worry with Johnson is during his time as manager I can't think of one player he has brought in from the league above, loan or singing. For me he likes lesser players with good spirit which for me needs to be changed.

Scott shouldn't have been playing right back today but whilst he hasn't had a real cut at it, I would like to think Johnson would be looking at bringing in someone a little better than what Murray can currently offer.

The decision that highlighted the situation most clearly for me was not when Murray did come on but when he didn't. With B. Wilson and Sproule unavailable and Williams subbed for the second half GJ brings on a striker and moves our most natural finisher out to the right wing. I think the only thing up for debate now is the order of Skuse, Noble and Murray as 5th 6th and 7th in the pecking order for the position. My guess is Scott is 7th...

...so thanks for the memories Scott. Clearly it is unlikely you will get the 100th goal here with Gary picking the team so go off and get it with Cheltenham, Yeovil, Exeter, or whoever else can find a place for you in their team.

Boys boys boys. The only reason SM came on at right back is because Orr had cramp which has been mentioned a few times already. What did you want GJ to do? bring Orr off and play with 10 men??

I've already said. Bring Orr off and play 3-4-3!

-- Webster - McCombe - Fontaine --

Murray - Johnson - Elliott - McIndoe

----- Maynard - John - Trundle -----

Surely that'd be the way to go if you're bringing on Murray and you're 2-1 down?

Archived