IGNORED

The Getting Lengthy Ay Thread Re Last 2 Years

Red to the world

You can ignore the guy ( I assume ) if you wish but sane rationale says that he has a point.

GJ got together a squad to get us out of div one and he suceeded. Almost all of his signings were either from lower leagues or they were cast offs from other clubs. He instilled team spirit and work ethic and he got the best from them. We got promoted.

Last season, carried along on the crest of the wave and as the surprise package we over achieved.

Gj probably cost us auto promotion by his lack of activity in January this year - not many would disagree with that I think.

This season the luck has run out. The summer transfer dealings were a joke. The journeymen have had their day and it has taken GJ too long to realise that.

Signings: Trundle has not delivered given his price. Sproule can run fast but little else. McIndoe was AOK last season but just average this one - look where Wolves are - why do you think they let him go ? Dele and Stern are well past their sell by date. Elliot did just what the Millwall fans posted he would do - flatter to decieve. Maynard reserve judgement as youth is on his side.

I think GJ will ( may ) get it right but let us be honest - there is not a single player in our squad who is anywhere near Premier League standard.

That is why I think AY has a point - it is after all the Premier League our manager and chairman said we were aiming for - but no chance with the squad GJ currently has assembled IMO.

Guest wheres your caravan??
You can ignore the guy ( I assume ) if you wish but sane rationale says that he has a point.

GJ got together a squad to get us out of div one and he suceeded. Almost all of his signings were either from lower leagues or they were cast offs from other clubs. He instilled team spirit and work ethic and he got the best from them. We got promoted.

Last season, carried along on the crest of the wave and as the surprise package we over achieved.

Gj probably cost us auto promotion by his lack of activity in January this year - not many would disagree with that I think.

This season the luck has run out. The summer transfer dealings were a joke. The journeymen have had their day and it has taken GJ too long to realise that.

Signings: Trundle has not delivered given his price. Sproule can run fast but little else. McIndoe was AOK last season but just average this one - look where Wolves are - why do you think they let him go ? Dele and Stern are well past their sell by date. Elliot did just what the Millwall fans posted he would do - flatter to decieve. Maynard reserve judgement as youth is on his side.

I think GJ will ( may ) get it right but let us be honest - there is not a single player in our squad who is anywhere near Premier League standard.

That is why I think AY has a point - it is after all the Premier League our manager and chairman said we were aiming for - but no chance with the squad GJ currently has assembled IMO.

About time some one posted about this

i agree 100%

The rose tinted brigade are going to explode over this post, take cover :icecream:

If you support AY on this issue, why not make your point on the rather lengthy thread which is already running rather than start another?

Cos no one would read the n'th posting anyway and I am commenting on another thread from a different angle - I just think that objectivity has gone out the window on that thread because of who started it !

Sad but true on this forum on many occasions.

Basso is Premier League class in all fairness.

Elliot did just what the Millwall fans posted he would do - flatter to decieve.

Harsh and unfair. Marvin's not had a great season - compounded by injuries - but it's fair to say he's not been on form. However, what Millwall fans said was that he was lazy and didn't work - which is so blatantly not the case for us even now that its untrue.

there is not one player in the current squad good enough for the prem, and quite a few first teamers aint good enough for this league. Johnson got it spot on last january, we were flying high with the players we had and were having a dream first season no chance of relegation so why buy at the time? In strange kind of way GJ was a victim of his own success as he nearly guided us to the prem and i bet my hat he never thought way back in the augest that we would finnish in the play offs. Johnson had to give them same players another go this season, but unfortunatley weve been found out, now is the time for a new GJ team and i think he will rebuild stronger for our next chapter

Plus Fontaine, Maynard and Wilson J. could be

Probably Elliott is too.

Sorry but totally disagree.

Basso is like Phillips was - wonderful shot stopper but poor on crosses - if he was truly of that standard he would be there by now.

Fontaine and Wilson J and Maynard COULD be one day but are not now.

Maynard to young to judge but the other two are not even regular starters in a side in the bottom half of the CCC - namely US !

I think you have made some fair points, although saying GJ cost us promotion by his lack of activity in the Jan window is hardly fair.

Yes, he could have made some other signings, but who can say they would have been enough? What if Windass' shot had flew wide? There are far too many parameters in football to blame our not getting promotion on that one thing. Whose to say we wouldnt have finished outside the play-offs without Carle and Adebola? There are far too many 'what ifs' to be so specific.

Anyway, I think you are missing the whole point of why there are soooooo many replies to AshtonYates thread. The main reason AY gets so many responses is because he will state his point over and over without taking anyone elses point on board. He just keeps spouting the same thing, without recognising anyone views or facts.

On the big thread, I have asked him 3 or 4 times direct questions, and he cannot/refuses to answer. They directly relate to his initial post, yet he wont answer, so what you going to do?

Anyway, back to your main point about AY's point. Yes, AY does have a point, but only if we were an established CCC side, which considering we have only been in it for 1.5 seasons, seems a bit premature.

Seriously, after being in this league for this amount of time, what gives us the right to demand promotion? Its not if we have spent massive amounts of money.

Granted, we aren't doing as well this season as last, but I feel last season was a bit of a fluke if I'm honest, and we massively over-achieved.

You say none of the players we have are Prem quality, but why should a club of our stature, that isnt in the Prem, be able to attract Prem quality players? A club of our stature needs to find players with the 'potential' to be Prem players, but that isnt easy as every other professional club in the world is doing the same.

Being realistic, we were always going to need time to become a team that is pushing for promotion without heavy investment, and this season is one of the transitional ones before we build a team good enough to push.

Call me happy-clappy all you like, but I can see the bigger picture, and its not about the here and now, its about 3-4 years time.

If they were good enough for the Premier League, they would be playing in it already. ( Prem clubs would not be spending a fortune here and there abroad when they could grab a bargain from the lower leagues.)

Every team seems to say they have players in their team that are Premier League quality. If this case was true, why the massive gulf between the leagues ?

Basso is like Phillips was - wonderful shot stopper but poor on crosses - if he was truly of that standard he would be there by now.

Fontaine and Wilson J and Maynard COULD be one day but are not now.

Maynard to young to judge but the other two are not even regular starters in a side in the bottom half of the CCC - namely US !

Maynard cost 2 and a 1/4 MILLION and is unproven at championship level; no better than Byfield who was top scorer last season and who by the way brought out the best in his mate Marvin i.m.h.o of course;I also believe if a proven scorer at this level was brought in a year ago it could well of been us not Hull in the prem, right now.

There seems to be to many players whos minds are elsewhere at the moment; Cardiff,Swansea,Wolves,Scotland;time to forget the journey men who are here but a moment in time :noexpression:

Guest ashtonyate
Maynard cost 2 and a 1/4 MILLION and is unproven at championship level; no better than Byfield who was top scorer last season and who by the way brought out the best in his mate Marvin i.m.h.o of course;I also believe if a proven scorer at this level was brought in a year ago it could well of been us not Hull in the prem, right now.

There seems to be to many players whos minds are elsewhere at the moment; Cardiff,Swansea,Wolves,Scotland;time to forget the journey men who are here but a moment in time :noexpression:

I liked Byfield it was a pity that he had not played very much before Wembley had he been match fit he could have made the differance

I liked Byfield it was a pity that he had not played very much before Wembley had he been match fit he could have made the differance

Byfield 18 starts, 8 goals; Maynard 17 starts 4 goals; I suggest Noble/Trundle/Akinde or Murray would have given a better return. Yeah I know hes one for the future and he aint getting the "service" :fastasleep: etc but it aint a good return.

Byfield 18 starts, 8 goals; Maynard 17 starts 4 goals; I suggest Noble/Trundle/Akinde or Murray would have given a better return. Yeah I know hes one for the future and he aint getting the "service" :fastasleep: etc but it aint a good return.

People are begining to make a mock out of the deabate that Maynard isnt get enough service. The fact is it might be boring people but its the truth, he has been living off scraps ever since he has joined and I.M.H.O is lucky to have scored 4 consdiering the terrible wing play and the complete lack of flair in the midfield.

The only game Maynard did get service was when he scored a hat trick against Antrweep, ok they were a poor team but it just shows how you have to play to Maynard streegths, corect me if I'm wrong but wernt all his goas againts Antrweep were provided by through balls?

People are begining to make a mock out of the deabate that Maynard isnt get enough service. The fact is it might be boring people but its the truth, he has been living off scraps ever since he has joined and I.M.H.O is lucky to have scored 4 consdiering the terrible wing play and the complete lack of flair in the midfield.

The only game Maynard did get service was when he scored a hat trick against Antrweep, ok they were a poor team but it just shows how you have to play to Maynard streegths, corect me if I'm wrong but wernt all his goas againts Antrweep were provided by through balls?

Apart from Carle (who played 14)tis the same as last season re this service thing; anyway sure I saw some pretty good service last time, clean through in fact and the result was :noexpression: look nothing against the lad but his constant prescence is not doing our goal tally or his confidence much good; christ he`s only got one more than Brooker whos been out injured most of the season

Brilliant post.....says it all.....And for as long as the happy clappers continue to believe the likes of LJ is a creative midfielder we will not be going to the prem........lets let the average league 1 players go and bring in some class :tumbleweed:

Anyone care to add another insult to my above post - seems to me that my comments have been further vindicated.

January will be key, I think !

Plus Fontaine, Maynard and Wilson J. could be

Probably Elliott is too.

James Wilson? Ha! In about 5 years time possibly...

Elliot maybe, Fontaine maybe, Maynard no.

Exactly. He went to Aresnal and wasn't any better than Almunia or Lehman. On the other hand Weale was about to sign for West Ham and then got cropped.

Archived