IGNORED

Mcindoe, Maynard And Orr

Bristoliain

I thought McIndoe was our best player today, gave their rightback a few problems and looked dangerous.

Maynard was also good, looked to get behind their defence a few times and, i'll probably be shouted down for this, looked at his best when he found himself on the right flank when Trunds drifted in.

Glad to see Orr playing, he may be leaving soon but until he does he is a Bristol City player and should play like one, which he did.

I thought McIndoe was our best player, gave their rightback a few problems and looked dangerous.

Maynard was also good, looked to get behind their defence a few times and, i'll probably be stouted down for this, looked at his best when he found himself on the right flank when Trunds drifted in.

Glad to see Orr playing, he may be leaving soon but until he does he is a Bristol City player and should play like one, which he did.

The only thing you will be shouted down for on here is praising McIndoe.

I actually thought that Trundle and Maynard showed signs that they could work together to be fair. Might be worth a punt. Stern John won us the penalty but aside from that he was an uncommitted, lazy, big time charlie bastard who should **** off back to Southampton and mug them off for £20,000 sheets per week.

I actually thought that Trundle and Maynard showed signs that they could work together to be fair. Might be worth a punt. Stern John won us the penalty but aside from that he was an uncommitted, lazy, big time charlie bastard who should **** off back to Southampton and mug them off for £20,000 sheets per week.

Suggested as much weeks back, both play football on the ground and that should encourage the rest to do like wise; Hoof ball aint us. :disapointed2se:

Mcindoe was our best player first half but faded in the second. Webster was having a very solid game before he was skinned for their winner. Lee Johnson was one of the better players and Stern John, contrary to certain short sighted individuals thoughts linked play to the midfield very well and did superbly to win the penalty.

Mcindoe was our best player first half but faded in the second. Webster was having a very solid game before he was skinned for their winner. Lee Johnson was one of the better players and Stern John, contrary to certain short sighted individuals thoughts linked play to the midfield very well and did superbly to win the penalty.

So everyone who disagrees with SJC is short sighted then!! Who made you the intellectual forum sage? What I saw from John was a penalty won (the only time he showed the class that we would expect from him), plenty of heavy touches when the ball was played into feet, a lack of willingness to try and get the ball back when he did lose it, two or three nice passes out to the wing in 90 minutes and every header he went for was pretty much lost. I'm sorry but even in my short sighted state I really don't see that type of contribution over 90 minutes as value for money when the club are reportedly laying out twelve large every week.

John I agree with he was good today although Dele is far better suited to the role that Stern played. Johnson sadly I don't agree with, I don't want to jump on this "LJ out" bandwagon but today was one of his poorer games, he probably had a passing rate of 40% wich isnt good enough

Thought I might actually have seen the same game as someone until the Lee Johnson comment, although you pulled it back with the Stern John view, still - he ain't worth what ever the amount is we are paying him.

Lee Johnson had a poor game, again, he gets into good space to receive the ball, but just seems at a loss as to what to do with it. I think the pressure of the crowd has got to him, again, and he either needs time away from it, again, or for his own sake move on if anyone will have him. If we don't get a new midfield playmaker in Jan then big questions are going to be asked.

Well done McIndoe, finally plays wide and beats his man all afternoon, in the second half Maynard seemed to get more and more confident and hopefully another goal to his name will help the guy. Didn't like seeing Elliott getting the blame for conceding, not convinced he is even 100% fit and certain he isn't enough of a superhero to control two positions in centre mid.

Most praise to Bradley Orr, obviously not match fit or sharp, but still gave 110% - wish he would say sorry and sign a deal.

I thought McIndoe was our best player today, gave their rightback a few problems and looked dangerous.

Maynard was also good, looked to get behind their defence a few times and, i'll probably be shouted down for this, looked at his best when he found himself on the right flank when Trunds drifted in.

Totally agree, thought he was very good today.

Pumping up the players before the game and really wanted the penalty!!

Thought I might actually have seen the same game as someone until the Lee Johnson comment, although you pulled it back with the Stern John view, still - he ain't worth what ever the amount is we are paying him.

Lee Johnson had a poor game, again, he gets into good space to receive the ball, but just seems at a loss as to what to do with it. I think the pressure of the crowd has got to him, again, and he either needs time away from it, again, or for his own sake move on if anyone will have him. If we don't get a new midfield playmaker in Jan then big questions are going to be asked.

Well done McIndoe, finally plays wide and beats his man all afternoon, in the second half Maynard seemed to get more and more confident and hopefully another goal to his name will help the guy. Didn't like seeing Elliott getting the blame for conceding, not convinced he is even 100% fit and certain he isn't enough of a superhero to control two positions in centre mid.

Most praise to Bradley Orr, obviously not match fit or sharp, but still gave 110% - wish he would say sorry and sign a deal.

Me too. He did look like he was playing impress a Mr O. Coyle amongst others today. I'm not saying hes not committed to the BCFC cause but it must have lingered in the back of his mind today

Johnson had a better overall game than all of the other 3 starting midfielders. He rarely gave the ball away - only really doing so in attempting to play the through balls he is accused of never doing, was always an outlet and even won a tackle. The spotlight is constantly on him which is entirely unfair. Williams made a mistake today that, if it had been Johnson would have been greeted with jeers throughout. Stern John is a good player who contributes much which goes unnoticed. If he is value for money at 10-12k a week is another question.

Johnson had a better overall game than all of the other 3 starting midfielders. He rarely gave the ball away - only really doing so in attempting to play the through balls he is accused of never doing, was always an outlet and even won a tackle. The spotlight is constantly on him which is entirely unfair. Williams made a mistake today that, if it had been Johnson would have been greeted with jeers throughout. Stern John is a good player who contributes much which goes unnoticed. If he is value for money at 10-12k a week is another question.

I can't argue with his effort and wok rate, you can see he is trying to play well not just standing around doing nowt.

Me too. He did look like he was playing impress a Mr O. Coyle amongst others today. I'm not saying hes not committed to the BCFC cause but it must have lingered in the back of his mind today

I totally agree, there is that, could work either for or against us though.

Today it worked for, he was his usual self before the game encouraging the rest of the team, and was only half a second behind stealing the ball for the penalty like Maynard did. Him leaving will be a huge loss to the club, and unfortunately at a time when we need to be improving more important areas of the pitch I can see it as an excuse to not buy into the midfield.

I'm sorry, but I really don't see this as you do!

I suppose football is all about opinions but I really can't see what McIndoe brings to our game. He never takes on the full back, beats him and gets a decent cross in - more often than not he cuts inside and is shepharded (Sp?) by quality defenders to somewhere he can do no harm.

Glad to see Bradley back though, hope he can sort something out with GJ. Not a GREAT player, but a solid RB that many in the CCC would like to have on their books.

Maynard needs much, much, much better service. He will score for fun if we give him a chance. I would hate to see him pushed out to a n other CCC club where he will undoubtably prove he can do the business.

He won a tackle? I was criticising him and he did more than that. However, he had the poorest game out of all the midfielders, he just doesn't work in a 4 man midfield, he can potentially work in a 5 man but then we are sacrificing other areas and for an average midfielder there is no justification for it in this division.

Williams made a mistake that I can't even remember, and was substituted. So he got the worse end of the deal.

How much John is worth isn't another question, he is judged on his performances week in week out like every other player, and for what he has given us isn't worth it if the other lads aren't even on half of that?

I suppose football is all about opinions but I really can't see what McIndoe brings to our game. He never takes on the full back, beats him and gets a decent cross in - more often than not he cuts inside and is shepharded (Sp?) by quality defenders to somewhere he can do no harm.

Glad to see Bradley back though, hope he can sort something out with GJ. Not a GREAT player, but a solid RB that many in the CCC would like to have on their books.

Maynard needs much, much, much better service. He will score for fun if we give him a chance. I would hate to see him pushed out to a n other CCC club where he will undoubtably prove he can do the business.

Either you didnt go today or you were asleep for the match. McIndoe took on the fullback virtually every time he had the oppurtunity to do so.

Glad we can agree on some points!

As for McIndoe, he plays wide today and beats their right back most of the afternoon. He did that all last season. Most of this season he has been playing narrow, cutting in, which I agree doesn't suit him - probably more of a tactical decision than his own. Was happy to see him power on past the full back today.

Either you didnt go today or you were asleep for the match. McIndoe took on the fullback virtually every time he had the oppurtunity to do so.

I did go today (always do) but you might be right about being asleep for much of the match - it's an age thing i'm afraid!!

I still believe however that our inability to score is not the fault of the front men - they have ALL proven their ability at other clubs, so it must be our mid-field and/or the 'wide-men' not providing a good enough service. Maybe it is unfair of me to pick on McIndoe, and maybe he does take on the fullback at every opportunity, but he (along with everyone else maybe) rarely beats them and/or provides a decent cross. If he/they did, it would not take an hour for us to create out first chance 'on target'.

M

I actually thought that Trundle and Maynard showed signs that they could work together to be fair. Might be worth a punt.

absolutely agree ... as for the poster who sed he'd rather see dele playin than john ... cant u see since dele's been injured we're PASSING ?

I'm not sayin its dele's fault (hes a good footballer - but BRISTOL CITY = PASSING)

well done nicky for ending our penalty drought just a shame we couldnt hold on for soo long

He won a tackle? I was criticising him and he did more than that. However, he had the poorest game out of all the midfielders, he just doesn't work in a 4 man midfield, he can potentially work in a 5 man but then we are sacrificing other areas and for an average midfielder there is no justification for it in this division.

Williams made a mistake that I can't even remember, and was substituted. So he got the worse end of the deal.

How much John is worth isn't another question, he is judged on his performances week in week out like every other player, and for what he has given us isn't worth it if the other lads aren't even on half of that?

To be honest the biggest mistake Williams made was arguing back with Gary Johnson. I would expect McIndoe and Elliott to be disciplined in some way this week also.

Yep Trundle and Maynard works much better than John and Maynard, but I guess thats something for gary to look at in training.

TO say Johnson had a better overall game than Elliot or McIndoe is just ludicrous. Yes his square and backward passing was great as it always is and then he jogs along the nidfield line to recieve it from defence and hit another square pass - this part of his game he does well but when he attempts a true test of a pass that players like Watson, Eagles and dare I say Carle can play he just doesn't pull it off, their defence heads clear and we have to start all over again. He won a tackle, yes I saw that but just one??? Shouldn't he be winning about five in a game? Williams was poor today but I am dieing to see his potential when played in the middle of the park.

Well i don't think McIndoe was our best player but he definately improved on his recent performances.

Archived