IGNORED

Gj Shot At Big Time

Bristoliain

Football FanCast columnist Shaun Murphy cannot understand why Gary Johnson is continually overlooked when the top Premier League jobs come calling.

Shaun Murphy isnt a City fan is he? Any Die hard City fan knows GJ is not cut out for the prem or any top job!

How can they compare Moyes & Johnson?

Moyes is a top top manager in the top top league.

Johnson has shown in the last 6 months why is NOT!

Before all the GJ lovers reply, I thank him for what he has done but i am doubting his ability regarding taking us forward from here!

He is a neutral looking inwards at our club. So by you're "logic" every journalist that covers a city game that doesnt support city is wrong.

Wrong? -No by reported on facts and knowledge!

Most reports are done by neutrals, Thats what separates the best from wannabe students!

Your mate may be adequate for the Torquay Herald Express? :dunno:

Ok then, I think that GJ really is a small Club manager. His strength is in taking ordinary players, and by creating a strong sense of team spirit and togetherness, he creates a strong team. He wants players that fit into this pattern, and as you move up the League, you need a bit more than this. He has made some good low-value signings, but when spending bigger money, his track record is far from good. Having his son as a player and brother as scout is more what you expect at a smaller Club, and not something that I am fond of at City. It is hard to say how good he would be at a bigger Club as he has not had the chance, but my suspicion is that he will always be a good lower league manager, and would struggle in the Premier League. If he gets stroppy at players who refuse to sign contracts (Orr, Keogh), what would he be like with the arrogant prima donnas in the Premier League? His challenge now is to stop the rot this season, re-build the team in the summer, and next season produce a team capable of staying in the Championship, preferably with younger players who will improve.

Ok then, I think that GJ really is a small Club manager. His strength is in taking ordinary players, and by creating a strong sense of team spirit and togetherness, he creates a strong team. He wants players that fit into this pattern, and as you move up the League, you need a bit more than this. He has made some good low-value signings, but when spending bigger money, his track record is far from good. Having his son as a player and brother as scout is more what you expect at a smaller Club, and not something that I am fond of at City. It is hard to say how good he would be at a bigger Club as he has not had the chance, but my suspicion is that he will always be a good lower league manager, and would struggle in the Premier League. If he gets stroppy at players who refuse to sign contracts (Orr, Keogh), what would he be like with the arrogant prima donnas in the Premier League? His challenge now is to stop the rot this season, re-build the team in the summer, and next season produce a team capable of staying in the Championship, preferably with younger players who will improve.

Great post - I agree with a lot of this. I don't want GJ to leave because I do believe he is the best we've had for a while but I would be intrigued to see how he would manage 'prem' players.

Football FanCast columnist Shaun Murphy cannot understand why Gary Johnson is continually overlooked when the top Premier League jobs come calling.

Shaun Murphy isnt a City fan is he? Any Die hard City fan knows GJ is not cut out for the prem or any top job!

How can they compare Moyes & Johnson?

Moyes is a top top manager in the top top league.

Johnson has shown in the last 6 months why is NOT!

Before all the GJ lovers reply, I thank him for what he has done but i am doubting his ability regarding taking us forward from here!

your an embrassment to Bristol City

Archived