IGNORED

Burnley Fans Comments

Abraham Romanovich

I was chatting to a couple of burnley fans in a pub after the game and they thought our support was superb from a team that is struggling at the moe

It was only really the east end that were singing today and as they are right next to them at times it must sound like it is the whole stadium.

I am in the Atyeo and feel we need some better atmosphere to raise confidence which i feel we are missing most. In the first half when the front line went chasing their defence and got the ball a few times that really helped us as fans get behind them. Come on you reds!

Ah yes, people, Burnley folk, a stark reminder to us all. . . . .

There's a world outside your window,

and it's a world of dread and fear

Where the only water flowing

is the bitter sting of tears

And the Christmas bells that ring there

are the clanging chimes of doom

Well tonight thank God it's them

instead of you

I invited some back for tea you know :innocent06:

As for the game, I never really got much into it today. Can't explain it sometimes. Thought it was pretty mediocre.

well lads it was me and andy on the drums today had to of them and not being funny

if it wasnt for the drums i think there would be no atmosphere

how can you get a song going by clapping need a lil bit of tune

like cider army needs the drum and megaphone

But you don't need to bang it so hard Motty, Most of the time it does over power the songs and it ruins it. A drum is a good asset if used correctly but at the moment it gets banged for the sake of banging it. Go on YouTube and look at the Europeans playing there drums and it puts us lot to shame.

the drumming doesnt add to the atmosphere, makes it sound a lot worse in my opinion. did someone have a mega phone down there too ?!

The drum (Mabel) is essential IMO, it helps keep the momentum going when everybody's spirits dip. This was especially prevalent today as we approached half time, people started to quiten down but the drum kept banging and eventually every was back joining in with "Cider Army" and "Red Army".

My only criticism was having two drums yesterday, it was is overkill IMO especially when they were being beat against each other, it killed the momentum in places.

'Mabel' is adequate of producing a good enough atmosphere on her own.

:)

p.s. A shout out must go to 'Motty the chav' though! He had to stop drumming because he had literally worn through the skin on his fingers down to raw flesh, from the effort he had put into banging 'Mabel'. That's dedication for you! :chant6ez:

A few more quotes:

"The Wedlock stand (mainly away fans) had a segregated section for home sections. one annoying drummer and all standing with no hassle from the ground authorities. Made sure we couldn't be heard and generated some good noise for the home team; shame all grounds don't take such a sensible approach."

"I thought the City fans were superb in the wedlock stand, non-stop home support is rare"

"fair play to your fans they never stopped singing all afternon best iv heard for a long time even when you went 2-1 down. Had to laugh at the cider army never thought I hear the worzzels song at a football match, pure gold! Once again just how it should be"

quality atmosphere in the eastend yesterday, i think it helps having the back seats shut off. it means the singers that normally go in the corner mix it with the rest of the east end and it gets a lot more people singing. it also stops the ones over by the segregation singing so fast.

:englandsmile4wf:

A few more quotes:

"The Wedlock stand (mainly away fans) had a segregated section for home sections. one annoying drummer and all standing with no hassle from the ground authorities. Made sure we couldn't be heard and generated some good noise for the home team; shame all grounds don't take such a sensible approach."

"I thought the City fans were superb in the wedlock stand, non-stop home support is rare"

"fair play to your fans they never stopped singing all afternon best iv heard for a long time even when you went 2-1 down. Had to laugh at the cider army never thought I hear the worzzels song at a football match, pure gold! Once again just how it should be"

do you have a link to this forum?

well lads it all worth the cause playing the 12th man mean gettin hurt so be it

and yeh i think we will be having a new mabel donated by andy brother bigger and louder

and the Ee won't be the same without ANDY starting the songs off

and also i think its better have the back block shut aswell were lower down the so noise goes out onto the pitch more

well lads it all worth the cause playing the 12th man mean gettin hurt so be it

and yeh i think we will be having a new mabel donated by andy brother bigger and louder

and the Ee won't be the same without ANDY starting the songs off

and also i think its better have the back block shut aswell were lower down the so noise goes out onto the pitch more

Agree, the back block used to be were the bulk of people congregated meaning it was harder to generate noise on to the pitch, know every one is in the main block not only does it make the EE look full but it projects the noise better.

Motty the chav'

Motty is a chav??? :tumbleweed:

quality atmosphere in the eastend yesterday, i think it helps having the back seats shut off. it means the singers that normally go in the corner mix it with the rest of the east end and it gets a lot more people singing. it also stops the ones over by the segregation singing so fast.

:englandsmile4wf:

Agree with that, best thing the club did was shut the back off the stand off.. (Wasnt that due to Riaz kicking the cladding down??? :whistle: )

Could do a job in midfield?

Motty or Mable??? :ph34r:

yea great noise yesterday out of the eastend pity the rest of the grond dosnt join in well done boys/girls

We can all dream mate... Imagine what Ashton Gate would be like if all the stands joined in.. :farmer:

Archived