IGNORED

Our Recent Form

Gloworm

Hello there. I've posted a few times before, but this is my first post worth noticing to be honest. Long time reader so I know the forum well. I thought I'd just use this opportunity to say Hi!

I would like to make my opinions clear on a number of subjects, but, unsurprisingly, my biggest concern is on our recent form. I think that one of the issues is consistency. No win in eight is very poor, but we haven't actually lost two games in a row during those games. The problem is, obviously, that we haven't won any of those games. I remember last season when we lost 3 games in a row in November, but bounced back to have a good December. OUr bouncebackability isn't quite the same anymore. This season we get a draw, which feels like we've turned a corner, but that hope is snatched away when we lose the next game, and the cycle repeats itself. If we win against Watford, I think we will get back on track. If we draw, I think we will have to draw or beat Palace to return to form.

As for the reason of the problem, I think it's simply putting the ball in the box and finishing. I agree that we are playing too narrow, but we seem to be unable to cross as well. I can think of several occasions today on which we crossed and their keeper easily collected. This is where Johnson's job gets tricky. We could play an unpopular narrow tactic that usually doesn't work and doesn't really suit the likes of Maynard. Alternatively, we could use a wide tactic that worked well on occasions last season but have been less effective this season because of our wingers drop in form.

I think a reshuffle of the squad will be necessary in the New Year. Our midfield has a huge hole that was left by Carle's departure in the summer, and that needs to be filled. Our first choice defence and Basso don't need to be touched. Backup is needed for McAllister though. Strikers need additions. We need a striker that can simply score on a regular basis.

On the whole, I'm disappointed to be 18th in December; although with a few adjustments here and there, I'm sure we'll improve as the season goes on. Always believe! :fingerscrossed:

Archived