IGNORED

After Reading Everyones Thoughts......

stillmorecider

Alot has been said about Mcindoe "bottling" (which is seen week in week out) Johnsons "Backward and negative thing" John's "utter Lazyness" and Murrays "salmon like dive" but here is what really really really really really annoyed me today in fact I was totally Incensed by it and that was Bradley Orr.

Now I know he has got to make every minute count on the pitch because quite frankly his time is up and GJ has confirmed.

Firstly he runs like f&*k to grab the ball off of Maynard for the Penalty to which Nicky Maynard quite rightly brushed him off and told him to foxtrot oscar!

Secondly now this is the one.......... He quite obviously picks up an injury and is struggling with it, whether it be cramp a dead leg or a stone in his sock, bending down, stretching trying to run it off does not prove conclusive so he plays on in an unfit manner. This is quite frankly a selfish and pathetic as he has quite frankly lost us the game. You watch the highlights of their winner. You will see that it transpires from Bradley not being able to track back quick enough because he is in pain and had been for 5 minutes previous. Go down! Roll around play dead hold your head that ref would have stopped play!

Didn't see Orr being poor enough to cost us the match. I'd say the entire squad isn't good enough to win a football match right now.

What really grates is that we were against a Burnley side who've been playing well recently but were piss poor other than Christ Eagles today. And yet, we lost. Becuase we're poor right now.

All I want for Christmas is January.

Guest ashtonyate

well I never seen that at all I seen a player who was not match fit having been left out the side for weeks and until he went off showed why we need to keep him here.

Alot has been said about Mcindoe "bottling" (which is seen week in week out) Johnsons "Backward and negative thing" John's "utter Lazyness" and Murrays "salmon like dive" but here is what really really really really really annoyed me today in fact I was totally Incensed by it and that was Bradley Orr.

Now I know he has got to make every minute count on the pitch because quite frankly his time is up and GJ has confirmed.

Firstly he runs like f&*k to grab the ball off of Maynard for the Penalty to which Nicky Maynard quite rightly brushed him off and told him to foxtrot oscar!

Secondly now this is the one.......... He quite obviously picks up an injury and is struggling with it, whether it be cramp a dead leg or a stone in his sock, bending down, stretching trying to run it off does not prove conclusive so he plays on in an unfit manner. This is quite frankly a selfish and pathetic as he has quite frankly lost us the game. You watch the highlights of their winner. You will see that it transpires from Bradley not being able to track back quick enough because he is in pain and had been for 5 minutes previous. Go down! Roll around play dead hold your head that ref would have stopped play!

Wow and now I have seen that Barnsley will be signing orr for £1.2m Link

Steve L must be rubbing his little hands mouthing "thank you lord"

Both the early critisisms can be flipped to say that Orr is committed to contribute as much as he can before he leaves.

Lost us the game? Utter rubbish.

And as for the link, that site is tosh, can you honestly say that you belive half of those "rumours" Barnsley is not where Orr will go mainly because I doubt that if they have 1.2mil to spend they wont blow it all on a defender.

Both the early critisisms can be flipped to say that Orr is committed to contribute as much as he can before he leaves.

Lost us the game? Utter rubbish.

And as for the link, that site is tosh, can you honestly say that you belive half of those "rumours" Barnsley is not where Orr will go mainly because I doubt that if they have 1.2mil to spend they wont blow it all on a defender.

Flip them all you like.... I have read others views and opinions and now I am giving mine. If he was so committed why did he not hold his hands up and say I need to come off for the good of the team.

Oh no I will labour around like the QE2!

I think your dislike of Bradley is clouding your mind and you should maybe look at the management team on this :-

1. everybody could see he was struggling in the ground; does not need him to signal - no player wants to come off. Problem was more likely with Millen and Johnson wondering wtf to do as there was no defender on the bench!! Probably says a lot about Orr's KNOWN character as they were possibly waiting to see if he could run it off

2. Orr has not played any football for weeks. If you are going to react in a childish way towards a player not signing a contract and drop him from the first team AND reserves, then that needs to be absolute surely? You need to assess your squad and decide if you can take that action (i.e. there is other people to cover injuries and suspensions).

If there is then fine, do it if you would rather weaken the squad than act like an adult. If not, then bite your firking tongue and at least let the guy keep some sort of match fitness with regular reserve football.

To simply throw him in is laughable and shows that everything GJ is doing lately is not thought through whatsoever.

Bradley Orr did well, considering he aint played for a while.

Cant believe Webster isnt getting any critizism when he was at fault for both goals. LJ and Orr played relatively well and receive critizism - probabaly for whats happened in the past more than anything......

I think your dislike of Bradley is clouding your mind and you should maybe look at the management team on this :-

1. everybody could see he was struggling in the ground; does not need him to signal - no player wants to come off. Problem was more likely with Millen and Johnson wondering wtf to do as there was no defender on the bench!! Probably says a lot about Orr's KNOWN character as they were possibly waiting to see if he could run it off

2. Orr has not played any football for weeks. If you are going to react in a childish way towards a player not signing a contract and drop him from the first team AND reserves, then that needs to be absolute surely? You need to assess your squad and decide if you can take that action (i.e. there is other people to cover injuries and suspensions).

If there is then fine, do it if you would rather weaken the squad than act like an adult. If not, then bite your firking tongue and at least let the guy keep some sort of match fitness with regular reserve football.

To simply throw him in is laughable and shows that everything GJ is doing lately is not thought through whatsoever.

Its not a dislike of Bradley at all, its just laughable that everyone else gets a slating because it was a poor performance but Brad gets a pat on the back for coming back in "unfit" "not match-fit" with all his heart and limps around inevitably costing us a goal and a defeat. not once did he motion to the bench he needed treatment or even the good old substitution hand gesture. if you stood on the bench and looked over towards the east end/dolman corner flag you will indeed see its quite a long way away. and it wasn't until you see Marvin Elliot shouting at the bench and gesturing towards the RB position that it was resolved. But hey I cant possibly slate a hero!

But hey I cant possibly slate a hero!

Nothing to do with slating a hero. It is to do with you blaming Orr for his lack of match fitness and picking up a knock, when you are not prepared to look any further.

I sit in the Dolman and can clearly see all parts of the pitch. I would be able to see if a player was limping badly whether he was 2 yards away or 100 yards away.

There was no activity on the bench until they scored the second. THis was not cos they didn't notice. It was cos they were struggling to know what to do and hoping Orr will run it off.

They saw; they failed to act.

If Orr had been kept semi-sharp in the reserves, there may not have been an issue.

Hero worship? Nah; just common sense and knowing where the true blame lies.

Guest ashtonyate
If Orr had not thrown his toys out of the pram for the sake of more money which he does not justify then he would not be unfit!

I think you got the wrong one for thrown his toys out of the pram I bet Orr never said "if you don't pay me more I am not playing for you again" He is a young man trying to do the best for himself and his family its a job of work for him.

He may not be the most gifted players but he always try s hard and that's all you can ask.

Guest ashtonyate
Perhaps we needed someone to actually get the ball in the box in the first place.

We all know we have a problem in midfield but yesterday again no one could hold on to the ball up front long enough for the midfield to get up and support the attack.

When Adebola does not play the ball comes strait back at us our forwards get pushed of the ball far to easily that's why i would have had Akinda on and taken John of early in the second half

I think you got the wrong one for thrown his toys out of the pram I bet Orr never said "if you don't pay me more I am not playing for you again" He is a young man trying to do the best for himself and his family its a job of work for him.

He may not be the most gifted players but he always try s hard and that's all you can ask.

So getting near the end of his contract the club turned around and offered him a lot less wages and said there you go sign this? doubt it very much.

I also have a family and for happiness reasons actually took a hefty pay cut, so you don't need to earn more to have the best for your family.

Sorry Brad in my honest opinion you can foxtrot!

Guest ashtonyate
So getting near the end of his contract the club turned around and offered him a lot less wages and said there you go sign this? doubt it very much.

I also have a family and for happiness reasons actually took a hefty pay cut, so you don't need to earn more to have the best for your family.

Sorry Brad in my honest opinion you can foxtrot!

That was your Decision you made based on what was best for you so allow Orr the same privilege

Firstly how was Webster responsible for the goals? I'm being serious as from the Williams I might have missed something that others have seen?

For the first goal,Webster was meant to be marking Carlisle, but he had both feet on the ground and gave him a free header. Shame, because I thought he looked solid up to then.

Firstly how was Webster responsible for the goals? I'm being serious as from the Williams I might have missed something that others have seen?

For the first goal,Webster was meant to be marking Carlisle, but he had both feet on the ground and gave him a free header. Shame, because I thought he looked solid up to then.

Ah, cheers for that :cool:

I too thought he looked pretty solid for the majority of the game

Ah, cheers for that :cool:

I too thought he looked pretty solid for the majority of the game

His best game, yes. still at fault for the goals as others pointed out.

cant hold it against him, not fully match fit..... Very frustrating though

Orr signed a 2 year contract starting from the summer of 2007, in other words, he agreed to play for City for 2 years, and City agreed to pay him for 2 years. I doubt that the contract had a clause sayinmg that 'If we want to keep you, you will sign a new contract early, otherwise we will pay you to do nothing'. If GJ thinks that he will just cruise through the last 7 Months of his contract, GJ clearly does not think much of Orr as a pro. footballer. Whatever Orrs motives for leaving, City have to respect that - It is the whole point of signing players on fixed contracts. If City no longer wanted Orr, they would not hesitate to not renew his contract, so it cuts both ways.

Interestingly, GJ did not consider moving Elliott to right back - He did OK there on the two occasions that he has played there.... Or is that only an option if LJ is on the bench....... :whistle2:

Nothing to do with slating a hero. It is to do with you blaming Orr for his lack of match fitness and picking up a knock, when you are not prepared to look any further.

I sit in the Dolman and can clearly see all parts of the pitch. I would be able to see if a player was limping badly whether he was 2 yards away or 100 yards away.

There was no activity on the bench until they scored the second. THis was not cos they didn't notice. It was cos they were struggling to know what to do and hoping Orr will run it off.

They saw; they failed to act.

If Orr had been kept semi-sharp in the reserves, there may not have been an issue.

Hero worship? Nah; just common sense and knowing where the true blame lies.

Thats how i saw it, agree 110%.

PDG

• Admin
Orr signed a 2 year contract starting from the summer of 2007, in other words, he agreed to play for City for 2 years, and City agreed to pay him for 2 years. I doubt that the contract had a clause sayinmg that 'If we want to keep you, you will sign a new contract early, otherwise we will pay you to do nothing'. If GJ thinks that he will just cruise through the last 7 Months of his contract, GJ clearly does not think much of Orr as a pro. footballer. Whatever Orrs motives for leaving, City have to respect that - It is the whole point of signing players on fixed contracts. If City no longer wanted Orr, they would not hesitate to not renew his contract, so it cuts both ways.

At last, some common sense on the matter. It was a ridiculous decision not to play Orr, even if it was only in reserve games and the reversal of the decision, because of injuries and suspensions, only highlight how, IMHO, GJ has mismanaged this affair.

Archived