IGNORED

The Job I Would Not Want At The Moment

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

The reason this is what I would be thinking if I was SL, what shall I do about letting the Manager have more money to buy players knowing that if the unthinkable happened and we went down the wage bill would be crippling us.

Should I only allow loan signings knowing this could be the death nail in the season.

If he buys players would a new manager if I had to sack him want this players or would he want to bring in his own players.

I know we are a long way off this situation but a good Chairman needs to be three steps a head of the game good luck to him what ever he does Its not easy being a football chairman

The reason this is what I would be thinking if I was SL, what shall I do about letting the Manager have more money to buy players knowing that if the unthinkable happened and we went down the wage bill would be crippling us.

Should I only allow loan signings knowing this could be the death nail in the season.

If he buys players would a new manager if I had to sack him want this players or would he want to bring in his own players.

I know we are a long way off this situation but a good Chairman needs to be three steps a head of the game good luck to him what ever he does Its not easy being a football chairman

Good luck to Chairman Lansdown. It was around this time of year in 1941 that Chairman Stalin - threatened by the Germans who would relegate the Russians to the level of slaves - unleashed his crack Red Army Siberian troops with their T34 tanks against the unsuspecting Germans. I just hope Chairman Lansdown like Chairman Stalin has got something tastey in reserve to unleash on an unsuspecting Championship to propel us back up to the pray-off places.

Good luck to Chairman Lansdown. It was around this time of year in 1941 that Chairman Stalin - threatened by the Germans who would relegate the Russians to the level of slaves - unleashed his crack Red Army Siberian troops with their T34 tanks against the unsuspecting Germans. I just hope Chairman Lansdown like Chairman Stalin has got something tastey in reserve to unleash on an unsuspecting Championship to propel us back up to the pray-off places.

Not sure if they would allow Chairman Lansdown into Porton Down Gobbers :gasmask:

No the best we can hope for is a handgrenade

Steve Lansdown's already allowed Gary Johnson to use handgrenades to blow away certain players. The danger is that Gary Johnson may blow away the players we need to stay up if he's not careful. I was more wondering how Chairman Lansdown will react to our current league position; any purges of senior Red Army officers to come? Money to be splashed with conditions attached? E.g. if we buy a top quality central midfielder he must not be left on the bench so that Lee Johnson can play ????!!!!!

Guest ashtonyate
Out of interest, what would be the repercussions on the new stadium if (god forbid) we did go back down?

If we did go down I think it would be put on to the back burner I also think Lansdown may step back from the club because if he had to sack Johnson it would hit him hard.

I really hope that Johnson can turn things around as we don't want the disruption of bring a new man in

The Russians footsoldiers even attacked without weapons (a bit like City to be honest).

Not a problem as you could always pick up a weapon from a fallen fellow soldier.

Our coaching staff got more medals than the generals in the Russian army.

The Russians footsoldiers even attacked without weapons (a bit like City to be honest).

Not a problem as you could always pick up a weapon from a fallen fellow soldier.

Our coaching staff got more medals than the generals in the Russian army.

The Germans were at the Gates of Moscow in late 1941 and they were hit by the lavishly equipped Red Army Siberian Divisions that German military intelligence didn't even know existed. It would be great if Steve Lansdown could unleash a similar BCFC Red Army surprise on our unsuspecting Championship rivals this January. Three quality midfielders to supplement Marvin Elliott would do the trick. :winner_third_h4h:

If we did go down I think it would be put on to the back burner I also think Lansdown may step back from the club because if he had to sack Johnson it would hit him hard.

I really hope that Johnson can turn things around as we don't want the disruption of bring a new man in

The stadium would be off.

Who on earth do you think would replace Lansdown, then?

Multi millionaire City fans with the balls to invest in the club seem to me to number about one.............

Guest ashtonyate
The stadium would be off.

Who on earth do you think would replace Lansdown, then?

Multi millionaire City fans with the balls to invest in the club seem to me to number about one.............

I am not saying he should stand down I just think he might after employing the last 3 managers spending million without much to show for it, I think I might say enough is enough

all the eastern front comments aside, I don't think we will be going down, there are several clubs worse than us, and they will all have to pull 7-8 points on us, which I don't think will happen. GJ said it recently, and I agree that we have been unlucky not to pick up more points recently. It isnt exactly free-flowing, but we are still quite difficult to play against in the main - Burnley have been flying and they had to pull out all the stops. If we can move Orr and one or two others on, that might free up the cash to bring at least one of the faces we need to pick up a bit. There is no way that GJ will be sacked either and rightly so.

Guest ashtonyate
all the eastern front comments aside, I don't think we will be going down, there are several clubs worse than us, and they will all have to pull 7-8 points on us, which I don't think will happen. GJ said it recently, and I agree that we have been unlucky not to pick up more points recently. It isnt exactly free-flowing, but we are still quite difficult to play against in the main - Burnley have been flying and they had to pull out all the stops. If we can move Orr and one or two others on, that might free up the cash to bring at least one of the faces we need to pick up a bit. There is no way that GJ will be sacked either and rightly so.

Well I hope you are right I have seen side who get a run of bad luck and can't get out of it, and mostly they are the sides who cannot score.

This window signings will make or break this season lets hope we buy or loan well.

I am not saying he should stand down I just think he might after employing the last 3 managers spending million without much to show for it, I think I might say enough is enough

Making the play off final last year isn't "much to show for it" then?

Guest ashtonyate
Making the play off final last year isn't "much to show for it" then?

Well it would count for very little if we went down,you can't play on past glory's.

I play bowls and a saying in that sport is you are only good as your last bowl.

Which is a good motto to remember the past is the past.

SL must be one of the best football chairman in the game, allways backs his manager, listens to the fans, truly loves the club and acts in its best interests, even if it means investment with potentially no return.

SL will fully back GJ when it comes to players and i'm sure where GJ sees fit to strengthen SL will, as allways back him 100%.

On a purely technical note, is the Rushian T34 tank superior in any way, to our very own LJ33, does it have a thicker skin, more firepower, higher top speed, able to shrug off all sorts of missiles, bullets, shells, and verbals? if not, how would we improve it so it could compete on an equal basis, able to unleash it against Warnock's NC10's?. or should we just go back to the drawing board.

On a purely technical note, is the Rushian T34 tank superior in any way, to our very own LJ33, does it have a thicker skin, more firepower, higher top speed, able to shrug off all sorts of missiles, bullets, shells, and verbals? if not, how would we improve it so it could compete on an equal basis, able to unleash it against Warnock's NC10's?. or should we just go back to the drawing board.

Ummm....yes...the T34 is more superior.....its a tank FFS....could probably take a good pen as well although its crossing leaves a bit to be desired

Back to the subject though and it is going to be a tough time for the chairman....the bottom line is keeping the team in the CCC with the added target of season on season improvement and to this end he must remain focused and not get sucked into blind faith & all that loyalty cr#p

GJ has already stated to BBC Bristol that the chairman has sanctioned 3 signings and I reckon these will be loans and are already set up or at least the targets are close to agreeing to come

I just hope they are the right choices that allow us to play with the confidence and flair be have become accustomed to over the two previous seasons

Chairman Lansdown should back Johnson in January and then in the summer to get us back on track, He deserves no less because of what he has achieved in such a small amount of time, If Johnson can get the right players to keep us up then in the summer he really needs to ship in 5 or 6 new faces that can add real quality and hopefully we can start looking up again.

The LJ33 replacement should be ready for Sunday's encounter with Palarse. It has a super alloy chassis with lightening speed movement capable of kicking Palarse's NC10 off the pitch in a micro second so the Ref wont notice. I'm currently having trouble coating the alloy with a skin like substance that wont peel or wash off in a heavy shower....

956067terminator2posters-thumb.jpg

Archived