IGNORED

Gj

Guest churchill gaffer

Quality. So, you lot who think he's the worst central midfielder in the league but is picked week-in week-out actually believe that Johnson will effectively drop Lee because he knows that Carle is better than him?! And Noble's going to start to raise his value, despite the fact that Johnson rates him less than Skuse? I'm so confused I'll be needing a diagram.

You wouldnt need a diagram if you read the post properly.. Read the first sentence again, that is a statement. The rest of the post is basically my thoughts thrown into the discussion... Not too hard to understand is it??

yeah and Marvin Elliott's back hasn't been the same since what with all the carrying he had to do.

So, in your view, we managed to make it to tje top of the championship after 38 games with only 10 men!! Wow, GJ is much more of a genius than we must have imagined. And as for Elliot - well, Gerrard best watch out for his place in the England squad.

So, in your view, we managed to make it to tje top of the championship after 38 games with only 10 men!! Wow, GJ is much more of a genius than we must have imagined. And as for Elliot - well, Gerrard best watch out for his place in the England squad.

fully agree........if Elliott's move to pompey goes through, I'd imagine Marvin will soon be pressing for an England call within 18months

Why don't some of you cruise off and support Palarse if you're in love with Carle so much, Jesus Christ, get over him already!

What kind of post is that? Cos some fans loved a player who was a vital player in the play off semis?

Some fans think carle was starting to settle into his natural position on the field, He performed brilliantly versis palace in both play off games

and set up 3 of the 4 goals if i remeber correctly, The fact is our current midfield isn't strong enough and we need to improve iit asap and i agree with the "carle brigade" as some people call erm that he would of been very useful next to elliot and was wrongly sold.... Johnson had time and said he had a signing lined up so where is he as LJ isn't good enough and if noble and williams won't get a chance why not sell all 3 and bring in a top quality midfielder.

Yeh but if LJ was fit he would have played instead of Carle and then he never would have given away that penalty, so it's all LJ's fault, again, that Carle gave away that penalty and we nearly didn't get to Wembley. Little rascal.

Nick Carle played three good games for us. Sheff U away, Preston at home and Palace away. Other than that he was distinctly average. The rose tinted spectacles that people are wearing when talking about him is comical because he didn't do nearly enough in his time with us to warrant this kind of love in. Or is it just another excuse to bash the Johnson's? As has already been said we had a replacement lined up for him but lost out because of Carle dragging his feet. Subsequently if Johnson had just gone out and bought any old replacement just to appease the fans then he would have been criticised for doing it and then criticised again if the player wasn't up to scratch and not buying an adequate replacement. If the right player wasn't out there after the Jones deal fell through, then i for one am happy to wait until he is out there.

How many different excuse's is Johnson going to make about Nick Carle.

The latest is that he was on too much money for the displays he was putting in but before that we heard that the bid was too good to turn down and before that that he wasnt good enough on the wing and we had a better replacement lined up.

The one about the wing is the best one as after Sheff Utd away GJ in an interview was praising Carle saying how now he was in his proper position and up to Championship fitness levels he was looking the part.

fully agree........if Elliott's move to pompey goes through, I'd imagine Marvin will soon be pressing for an England call within 18months

I'll have some of that. Elliot will not be pressing for an England place - ever. FACT!

For those unaware of posting etiquette, the addition of fact in capital letters makes the preceding statement to be true and beyond doubt. :whistle2:

I'll have some of that. Elliot will not be pressing for an England place - ever. FACT!

For those unaware of posting etiquette, the addition of fact in capital letters makes the preceding statement to be true and beyond doubt. :whistle2:

perhaps you should actually watch City on a regular basis before you make judgement, If Elliott was awesome last season and would have been even better if plalyed alongside a decent partner in the middle.

Premier League football is just a matter of time away for Marv, unfortunately probably without City.

perhaps you should actually watch City on a regular basis before you make judgement, If Elliott was awesome last season and would have been even better if plalyed alongside a decent partner in the middle.

Premier League football is just a matter of time away for Marv, unfortunately probably without City.

How many times have I watched City this season? You have no idea do you (you don't have to be at home to post on this forum).

In any event, we were discussing Marvin replacing Gerrard in the England squad - even your blinkered views do surely not include that possibility, do they?

I'm not so sure, we could still go up via a pray-off place and Portsmouth - that Marv's been linked with - look increasingly up for the drop from the Premier League. A great win at Watford today with Marv scoring for both sides. :rolleyes:

How many times have I watched City this season? You have no idea do you (you don't have to be at home to post on this forum).

which would explain why you have no clue at times, if even when your at games, your posting on here instead of watching the game......

Wouldn't agree with that in the slightest, decent league one player, but not at this level, in the last 10 years

I'd rate McIndoe, Elliott, Murray, Tommy, Tinnion, Wilkshire, Noble all above LJ personaly.

Although Wilkshire has recieved flak from this comparison I would say he is definately more foward thinking than Johnson and would always look to

shoot if he felt he could.

Imo Tinnion (as a player) is a step above all of these for the consistency, passing and vision he demonstrated week in, week out.

His fitness wasn't too bad either

Although Wilkshire has recieved flak from this comparison I would say he is definately more foward thinking than Johnson and would always look to

shoot if he felt he could.

Imo Tinnion (as a player) is a step above all of these for the consistency, passing and vision he demonstrated week in, week out.

His fitness wasn't too bad either

Tinnion was the best by a distance FOR City, however I'd say Wilkshire is possible the best midfield we've had for a very long time, but he was just not suited to lower league football, How he's done since is an example of how good a player he actually was, unfortunately he was wasted at City.

Much like Carle who was also an excellent footballer.

I wouldn't say we have any footballers currently with the quality or creative ability of Tinnion, Wilkshire or Carle that's what missing in the club at the moment, a midfielder of REAL quality, the closest is Noble who just doesn't have the pace or the fitness to be a regular staters, but should still start more than he does.

unfortunately we've spent so long in the lower divisions that some people wouldn't know a good player unless they were told so by Alan Hansen or Andy Gray.

He said trust me he left for the right reasons???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

seriously though, going back to the orignal point???

what were the reasons? because it's still lost on me?

Gary's said nothing?

Carle's said nothing?

Lansdown's said nothing?

Warnock felt that Johnson didn't want Carle as he had Johnson Jr

ok, we made 500k, but it's going to cost more than 500k to replace him?

could someone clarify if I've missed something?........or has simply nothing been said?

either way, we are in the same position as this time last year, in that central midfield isn't strong enough, Carle come and went, Williams has come and may as well go............we need someone there to take control of the midfield

Palace fan here, I browse this forum now and again and thought id give my opinion on Nick Carle, hope thats ok.

When i saw him against us last season in the playoffs I thought he was absolutely brilliant, maybe even the best technical midfielder id seen in the championship in a good while, great control and passing, a Premier League quality player

I couldnt believe it when we signed him, really thought you'd hold onto him, couldnt understand why you let him go but certainly not complaining.

I have to say though he's not been out of this world for us, I thought watson and carle would out play any midfield but they never really played that well together, watson would dominate and carle took a back seat and never really got involved as much as id liked.

Derry our defensive midfielder was ill for a couple of games and we played 3 ball players, watson, carle and Oster and thats when it changed slightly, the 3 seemed to click and we started winning games away from home.

Watson the got injured a couple of weeks ago and since then carle had really stepped up and been superb, against sheff utd on sky he was involved in everything and looked nearly as good as in the playoffs last season, he seems to me like he's the sort of player who thrives on responsibility, he needs the bal played through him all the time.

So like I say I wouldnt say overall he's been tremendous, to be honest john oster has been better in the last few months, carle has a few exceptional games and a run of average ones.

seriously though, going back to the orignal point???

what were the reasons? because it's still lost on me?

Gary's said nothing?

Carle's said nothing?

Lansdown's said nothing?

Warnock felt that Johnson didn't want Carle as he had Johnson Jr

ok, we made 500k, but it's going to cost more than 500k to replace him?

could someone clarify if I've missed something?........or has simply nothing been said?

either way, we are in the same position as this time last year, in that central midfield isn't strong enough, Carle come and went, Williams has come and may as well go............we need someone there to take control of the midfield

Carle was rubbish most of the time and on occasion quite good!

Makes me laugh how some of you kids get a crush on a player....then can't let go!

He's gone....get over it!

:disapointed2se:

Just to add,

I think we (palace) will do well to get anything out of the game tommorrow, we were awfull vs norwich but somehow came away 3-1 winners, players looked tired and theres a flu bg going throught the team.

Paddy our centreback is out, so is clint hill our left back so theres our defence gone, and our defence has been awesome recently.

In the midfield watson is injured but Oster, Carle and Derry have played well together.

Upfront since Beattie went back to west brom we havent looked the same, Alan Lee will probably start but he isnt match fot yet and neither if ifill, we really have got a lot of injury problems.

If we can scrape a 1-1 or somethign id be delighted, saing that winnign is a habit and weve taken 20 points out of 24 so it wouldnt suprise e to much if we sneaked a flukey win.

Carle did OK for us but by far his most important contribution was the profit made on his sale which helped finance the bid for Maynard who in the long term will be a much better investment for the club.

Not a sufficiently better player than what we had to allow us to turn down a quick profit of over 500k

Carle did OK for us but by far his most important contribution was the profit made on his sale which helped finance the bid for Maynard who in the long term will be a much better investment for the club.

Not a sufficiently better player than what we had to allow us to turn down a quick profit of over 500k

I wonder about the profit, if any at all.

500K to sign him, then add a signing on fee, plus wages for half a season, then player health and insurance. Not much change out of a million there. Perhaps 100k tops.

One of GJ'comments was that he had signed Carle to improve the goals scored from midfield and that did not happen, especially as he was played out of position until just before the playoffs. You could add Skuse and LJ to that list. We now play Palace and Carle has scored 4 times in the first half of the season. Thats more than Elliot,Skuse and LJ combined.

Should be an interesting match which City can win, Watson may not be playing according to the Palace site.

Palace fan here, I browse this forum now and again and thought id give my opinion on Nick Carle, hope thats ok.

When i saw him against us last season in the playoffs I thought he was absolutely brilliant, maybe even the best technical midfielder id seen in the championship in a good while, great control and passing, a Premier League quality player

I couldnt believe it when we signed him, really thought you'd hold onto him, couldnt understand why you let him go but certainly not complaining.

I have to say though he's not been out of this world for us, I thought watson and carle would out play any midfield but they never really played that well together, watson would dominate and carle took a back seat and never really got involved as much as id liked.

Derry our defensive midfielder was ill for a couple of games and we played 3 ball players, watson, carle and Oster and thats when it changed slightly, the 3 seemed to click and we started winning games away from home.

Watson the got injured a couple of weeks ago and since then carle had really stepped up and been superb, against sheff utd on sky he was involved in everything and looked nearly as good as in the playoffs last season, he seems to me like he's the sort of player who thrives on responsibility, he needs the bal played through him all the time.

So like I say I wouldnt say overall he's been tremendous, to be honest john oster has been better in the last few months, carle has a few exceptional games and a run of average ones.

Thanks maverick - interesting! Sounds a bit like our take on him - leaving aside those who have to see everything in black or white (either a player's brilliant or he's rubbish!). A decent player, possibly with more potential than is being either used or got out of him. It sounds to me like you might not be too upset if you got a £500K profit out of him too - bit like us?? Would that be right? Our problem really is that we didn't use the profit to replace him.

Thanks for that, interesting to see how he is getting on.......I'd certinaly agree with the point I've highlighted he's an excellent footballer.

When you signed him however wasnt' he signed as replacement for Watson? (obviously Watson didn't then leave?) so personally and from a totally outside view, is it right to say that they are very similar players?

Either way, I thought it at the start of the season, I think we'll miss Carle more than he'd miss us and so far it's proving unfortunately to be the case as we have been lacking his tricker and creativity in the middle.........even more depressing is that he's getting among the goals, something ours are struggling with.

cheers

Good post that is thanks maverick. Glad to see that Palace fans can see the potential in Carle. Have to admit he didnt set the world alight today but still played clever attacking passes that got players into good positions - which is the good part of his game. Lost his discipline a little though - bad part of his game.

Have to say I really rate Ben Watson and would snap him out of your hand at the first opportunity but alas, why would he come here if there is already premier league interest in him. Interesting that you say "carle has a few exceptional games and a run of average ones." That seemingly is how a lot of fans would sum up Lee Johnson, but I know who I'd rather have on my team sheet.

ON a final thought is it true you are after David Noble?

Happy New year

Just to add,

I think we (palace) will do well to get anything out of the game tommorrow, we were awfull vs norwich but somehow came away 3-1 winners, players looked tired and theres a flu bg going throught the team.

Paddy our centreback is out, so is clint hill our left back so theres our defence gone, and our defence has been awesome recently.

In the midfield watson is injured but Oster, Carle and Derry have played well together.

Upfront since Beattie went back to west brom we havent looked the same, Alan Lee will probably start but he isnt match fot yet and neither if ifill, we really have got a lot of injury problems.

If we can scrape a 1-1 or somethign id be delighted, saing that winnign is a habit and weve taken 20 points out of 24 so it wouldnt suprise e to much if we sneaked a flukey win.

Nice one maverick - you bloody jinxed us ;)

someone had put the Warnock quote on here, which more or less says that we needed the money for a striker and they were in the right place at the right time to sign carle, and that is pretty much believable from what I could see of us at the end of last season when carle was sold. Given that we don't have millions to spend, and Carle was our highest paid player and moving him on would free up his salary and give us the transfer fee back plus a profit, I could well believe that he was sacrificed to allow us to bring in a top striker. If anyone on here would have Carle instead of Maynard, well thats their opinion but I would prefer Maynard in the team, and for his potential.

Si.

Archived