IGNORED

Should Gary Go

bs3

With the transfere window coming up would you give Gary the money to spend to keep us up.

Or would you be worried that he would waste even more money.

And if it is the case that you don't trust Gary to make quality signings do you think SL should look to replace him.

My view is that looking at his track record I'm not hopeful that Gary would bring in players who could make a real impact.

So I am split, I think we owe it to Gary to give him time to turn it around but I don't think it will.

If we change now most managers get a bounce effect and the new man will be able to bring in players during the windows, I also belive we are under preforming due to poor team selection a new man with the up of Kieth Millien will freshen things up.

At the moment we are still 7 points above the drop and are not playing catch up but its only a matter of time under GJ that we will get sucked into it.

Its the first time I have consider to get rid of GJ but after yesterday preformance its just the same inept tactical preformance we have seen time and time again this season, GJ is just doing the same thing. He just tinkers with the forward line or bring in Williams in place of Spourle.

Wholesale changes in the team and a change in tactics and formation was requied weeks ago and yet he have prove unable to do so.He also proved he is not motivating the team.

I think SL will remain loyal after all he gave Gary a 5 year contract, but I hope and prey we stay up.

With the transfere window coming up would you give Gary the money to spend to keep us up.

Or would you be worried that he would waste even more money.

And if it is the case that you don't trust Gary to make quality signings do you think SL should look to replace him.

My view is that looking at his track record I'm not hopeful that Gary would bring in players who could make a real impact.

So I am split, I think we owe it to Gary to give him time to turn it around but I don't think it will.

If we change now most managers get a bounce effect and the new man will be able to bring in players during the windows, I also belive we are under preforming due to poor team selection a new man with the up of Kieth Millien will freshen things up.

At the moment we are still 7 points above the drop and are not playing catch up but its only a matter of time under GJ that we will get sucked into it.

Its the first time I have consider to get rid of GJ but after yesterday preformance its just the same inept tactical preformance we have seen time and time again this season, GJ is just doing the same thing. He just tinkers with the forward line or bring in Williams in place of Spourle.

Wholesale changes in the team and a change in tactics and formation was requied weeks ago and yet he have prove unable to do so.He also proved he is not motivating the team.

I think SL will remain loyal after all he gave Gary a 5 year contract, but I hope and prey we stay up.

It was obvious our midfield was being outclassed early this season against Birmingham - nothing was done to rectify problems. Lee Johnson was shirking challenges against Reading, passing back to put the defence under pressure and trotting around - again nothing was done. McIndoe and Williams don't seem up to much in midfield as well. We're now just above the drop zone as a result.

Should Gary go........HELL NO.

However I'm worried about his spending habits at the moment.

MASS changes need to be made to the squad, which should have happened in the summer, we need a whole lift in the overall quality in the squad. This is an important time no doubt for Gary to prove himself again.

IF he doesn't make the changes needed to the squad, then questions will seriously start getting asked.

but NO he definately shouldn't go.

HE got us up, HE nearly pushed us up again.......HE got us into this current mess, HE should be given the chance to get us out of it.

Should Gary go........HELL NO.

However I'm worried about his spending habits at the moment.

MASS changes need to be made to the squad, which should have happened in the summer, we need a whole lift in the overall quality in the squad. This is an important time no doubt for Gary to prove himself again.

IF he doesn't make the changes needed to the squad, then questions will seriously start getting asked.

but NO he definately shouldn't go.

HE got us up, HE nearly pushed us up again.......HE got us into this current mess, HE should be given the chance to get us out of it.

Totally agree.

Gary's decisions will ultimately decide the clubs as well as his fate, fingers crossed he can get it right.

Your immediate answer would be no.But I am not confident that he will spend wisely in January or even have a decent plan in place to acquire the players we need.Most times in the January window in the past, he watches as others club act and keeps saying how difficult it is to sign players.It has usually proved a non event.The other concern is how long can Steve Lansdown watch the club slide to the relegation places before doing something.He needs to look after the club's best interests not Gar and Lee Johnson's.

Your immediate answer would be no.But I am not confident that he will spend wisely in January or even have a decent plan in place to acquire the players we need.Most times in the January window in the past, he watches as others club act and keeps saying how difficult it is to sign players.It has usually proved a non event.The other concern is how long can Steve Lansdown watch the club slide to the relegation places before doing something.He needs to look after the club's best interests not Gar and Lee Johnson's.

Should he go.....

Not yet.

He has to be given a chance to turn this around. He has earned that much.

However, there will come a point in the near future when if things have not changed then yes, he will have to go.

:city: Are you mad ? The best manager since Alan Dicks and after a few results go against us (with the help of the officials) your thinking of letting him go !

Its a good job that Lansdown is a sensible chairman and gives OUR manager a 5 year contract(probably the longest in the top two divisions)so that he can have time to build the team that he wants.

:city: Are you mad ? The best manager since Alan Dicks and after a few results go against us (with the help of the officials) your thinking of letting him go !

Its a good job that Lansdown is a sensible chairman and gives OUR manager a 5 year contract(probably the longest in the top two divisions)so that he can have time to build the team that he wants.

Let me tell you that 5 year contract will mean nothing to SL if we get into a relegation fight??? At a recent share holders meeting that i attended SL clearly stated for his new stadium plans to go forward staying in the championship is a MUST......and those stadium plans are his baby thats his dream.....he wont be happy if we get into that fight

Should Gary go?????? Never read anything as stupid in all my life. Have you got 2mil to pay him off for a start??? were experiencing a bad patch of form, jesus, lets lend a bit of support, yes things are worrying but lets give him time to get things right. he has stabalised this club from the bottom up and hes got to do it again and he will. IMO we have one of the best manager/chairman combos so lets leave it to them. All this talk of sacking the manager makes us sound more and more like Rovers fans by the day.

Let me tell you that 5 year contract will mean nothing to SL if we get into a relegation fight??? At a recent share holders meeting that i attended SL clearly stated for his new stadium plans to go forward staying in the championship is a MUST......and those stadium plans are his baby thats his dream.....he wont be happy if we get into that fight

How true is that, SL is a business man and he knows that past achievements mean nothing to the ultimate goal of BCFC, i sincerely hope GJ can turn this thing around but i have a feeling that the SL clock is ticking and backward momentum is not a option

Should Gary go?????? Never read anything as stupid in all my life. Have you got 2mil to pay him off for a start??? were experiencing a bad patch of form, jesus, lets lend a bit of support, yes things are worrying but lets give him time to get things right. he has stabalised this club from the bottom up and hes got to do it again and he will. IMO we have one of the best manager/chairman combos so lets leave it to them. All this talk of sacking the manager makes us sound more and more like Rovers fans by the day.

A bad patch of form ?

It`s a hell of a lot more than that, even GJ knows that so how you can make that statement is beyond me.

PDG

What else can you call it? were going through a very rough period but should we get rid of the manager, should we ****.

Agreed GJ needs to get it sorted but it`s not a bad run of form. Arsenal are on a bad run of form. Hopefully GJ is coming to the realisation that HE ######ed up in the summer.

I said it then that to claim we were pushing to go one step further and then start the season with a squad that at best was no better than the one that finished at Wembley was a joke. I hadn`t anticipated that we would be this far down the league come xmas though. I felt that mid-table was a realistic target. Right now, i`d take 21st at the end of the season.

PDG

NO, of course he shouldn't.

I don't believe we need wholsale changes either. Some yes, but not wholesale. I do think we should release some players that in reality are always going to be reserve players and not get a shout. So perhaps Tristan Plummer, JMW and also some players that are clearly not happy at the club or cannot take us to another level. McIndoe would be my big question mark.

What I think we do need to do is change our tactics, decide on our best 11 which I don't think he has done and change some in the frequent 11 that have consistently been caught short this season. We need to play a different type of football and start off at a much higher tempo as I think we were told we were one of, if not the fittest squad in the division.

No more 'dinked' soft chips into the box for strikers. Byline and firm, on the floor crosses for strikers to capitalise on.

Play triangles, constant movement and through balls inside the defenders and across them as Murray did yesterday.

No more high balls to strikers with their back to goal. Bring the ball out of defence and BUILD from there. John got beaten every time yestarday in this situation. Not his fault, it was down to the supply.

I heard the other day that Sir Matt Busby used to say in his team talk' Find Bobby (Charlton) and give him the ball. Not that he's Bobby Charlton, but when we are within 25 yeards of our opponents goal, FIND TRUNDLE AND GIVE HIM THE BALL. That's where he is dangerous and has scored his goals from.

Finally, if we don't have wingers that get to bylines and cross the ball, DON'T play wingers. Utlise the pace and engines of both Wilson and McCallister to get up and down the flanks and change our formation to suit. So probably 4-3-1-2 which when pressing forward can support 5 in midfield.

The pace of the game has changed over the years, so has fitness. But really, what else has? How much is there to teach?

And before anyone say's anything about certain players, pace comes in 2 forms. Physical which is undeniable and mental, which can steal yards through intelligent thinking and outwitting less capable opposition. Maybe the likes of Trundle, Noble and Williams DO have something valuable to offer. Maybe that's why they appear to have so much time on the ball. I for one would never sacrifice mental intelligence for physical pace

One thing that does worry me is what GJ said after the SW away game. He said "We are not far off", now hopefully he meant getting a win but I have a really bad feeling that he has his rose tinted glasses on again regarding the squad.

To back this up, in his interview regarding new signings he said "right attitude".....now that REALLY worries me as we all know that means NO players in or only players that I think are right in the head.

Wrong attitude Gary I am afraid, so you would not sign C Ronaldo because he has a bad attitude. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG...

BCAGFC

One thing that does worry me is what GJ said after the SW away game. He said "We are not far off", now hopefully he meant getting a win but I have a really bad feeling that he has his rose tinted glasses on again regarding the squad.

To back this up, in his interview regarding new signings he said "right attitude".....now that REALLY worries me as we all know that means NO players in or only players that I think are right in the head.

Wrong attitude Gary I am afraid, so you would not sign C Ronaldo because he has a bad attitude. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG...

BCAGFC

Good post

I think Johnson has taken this side as far as he can. We need at least 3 new signings. I only hope he does not go to League 1 and 2 to get some fresh blood in. We look so disjointed and to me the players do not look happy. Johnson got us here he should be able to get us out of it. I for one would hate to see him go.

Should Gary Go? NO.

We need to remember that GJ is still learning at this level and he's going to make poor decisions in the transfer market.

He'll learn over the course of time, but until then we're going to have to put up with inevitable blip in form.

NO NO NO This is not merely a blip in form.

PDG

Archived