IGNORED

Paul Stalteri

CityCiderEd

Has had his contract terminated by Spurs. Absolute dogmeat in majority of games in the Premier League granted, but people talking about we need a few experienced heads, he's an international and has been training with quality pros, for a good few seasons and surely could cope well in the championship, and as he is a rightback ??? I know the wages would be a bit of an issue, but he will cost nothing and suerly GJ and SL know they may have to spend a little in the coming month.

Thoughts ????

Seen on the beeb last night he'd been released. Certainly a lot better than what we've got, but not an out and out full back though is he, more of a converted midfielder - bit like Orr!

Would be a good signing, but don't see it happening. Eardley from Oldham on another thread on here is a lot more likely, and more exciting. Highly rated, young, international player - who is actually a full back!

Seen on the beeb last night he'd been released. Certainly a lot better than what we've got, but not an out and out full back though is he, more of a converted midfielder - bit like Orr!

Would be a good signing, but don't see it happening. Eardley from Oldham on another thread on here is a lot more likely, and more exciting. Highly rated, young, international player - who is actually a full back!

Hmmmm midfielder huh? Anybody know how good/bad he is in that position?

Not sure, don't think he played there much for Spurs, and I'd never heard of him before!

I kinda follow Spurs, and have done for a relatively long time, he played full back on most occasions, just as cover really. Yet in his first season he played quite a number of games there I think. I think he would be a solid signing. not a flair player in the slightest if he was to play in midfield. But could definately slot in at right back and defensive midfield.

German Bundesliga strugglers Borussia Monchengladbach have snapped up full-back Paul Stalteri following his release from Tottenham.

The Canada captain had his contract with Spurs cancelled by mutual consent on Sunday and has wasted little time in securing a move back to Germany, signing a two-and-a-half-year deal with Monchengladbach.

The 31-year-old made 151 appearances in seven years for Werder Bremen before moving to White Hart Lane in 2005.

He was a regular first-team starter in his first season in England but then struggled to keep his place, leading him to join Fulham on loan in January for the remainder of the 2007/08 campaign.

Monchengladbach are currently bottom of the Bundesliga, having taken just 11 points from their opening 17 games

Archived