IGNORED

Carle Reception

Lack of Action Man

Just wondering seeing as no one else has started this thread what sort of reception you will give Nick Carle upon his return?

And to clarify something I posted about a week ago about Tottenham looking in the championship for deputy Keeper

it looks like Hanneman and another un-named keeper are in the running. :englandsmile4wf:

Ill be booing him just to put him off, i did it with Lita and it seemed to work :winner_third_h4h:

Just wondering seeing as no one else has started this thread what sort of reception you will give Nick Carle upon his return?

And to clarify something I posted about a week ago about Tottenham looking in the championship for deputy Keeper

it looks like Hanneman and another un-named keeper are in the running. :englandsmile4wf:

Well at Selhurst many fans cheered his name before kick off. (Which I thought was pretty strange.)

However by the end, most were booing, IMO good player for us, shouldn't of let him go, but unloyal at that.

Gentle applause before game, nothing during.

Didn't do anything special for us and was only here for 6 months so doesn't deserve the reception Matty Hill got last year.

Didn't choose/ Ask to leave, hasn't said anything bad about the club so doesn't deserve to be booed

Agree with that.

He did help us get the pray-off final but wasn't here that long.

Maybe booing will put him off though. He will score though, what are the odds on that? Evens??

Just another journeyman who passed through, here but a moment in time, doubt if CP will be his last club; we are City fans not Carle fans;

By the way, not to be mentioned in the same breath as, Atyeo,Galley,Gow :worship2: Jacki, Merrick, Cheesley, Gibson, Kellard, Fear, Ritchie etc, etc, etc,

Gentle applause before game, nothing during.

Didn't do anything special for us and was only here for 6 months so doesn't deserve the reception Matty Hill got last year.Didn't choose/ Ask to leave, hasn't said anything bad about the club so doesn't deserve to be booed

Matty Hill didnt even deserve the reception Matty Hill got last year

Matty Hill didnt even deserve the reception Matty Hill got last year

Why not? He was a player who gave his all every time he pulled on the shirt and played over 200 games for us. He also was one of the few players in Wilson's squad who didn't have an ego the size of a small planet.

Why not? He was a player who gave his all every time he pulled on the shirt and played over 200 games for us. He also was one of the few players in Wilson's squad who didn't have an ego the size of a small planet.

Deserves credit yes and a clap, but it was a tad OTT (admitedly, he milked it).

It seeemed like he ended up with more applause than the team who'd just had taken us to 4th in the ccc?

Deserves credit yes and a clap, but it was a tad OTT (admitedly, he milked it).

It seeemed like he ended up with more applause than the team who'd just had taken us to 4th in the ccc?

Fair enough. I thought you meant he deserved no welcome rather just one a bit less exuberant.

Come on- give the bloke a break.

What happened to that famous Bristolian hospitality and sense of fair play?

I'm sure it wasn't his idea to move and he has never said anything detrimental about CITY since being sold (to my knowledge ,anyway ).

And if it's considered a legitimate tactic to give him a hard time in the hope of putting him off his game, I wouldn't advise it-it could well backfire.

Possibly dependant on how Lee Johnson is playing and if were losing, if he's having a shocker and we're 2-0 down I wouldn't be surprised if every LJ touch was boo'ed and every Nick Carle one cheered.

Unfortunately I think you're going to be right. Those who want to see Lee Johnson out of the club will no doubt give him a standing ovation.

he'll probably get.....

likely get clapped down the tunnel pre-match from atyeo

probably get a average/decent reception (with a few boos) at kick off

nothing during the game,

polite clap /heavy boo'd if subbed depending on how he played.....

if he gets sent off for a 2 football flying tackle on Lee Johnson........probably be a mixed reception knowing some people.

I will be swooning at the very mere sight of my beloved hero who single handedly destroyed all the opposition we ever faced and was the single reason we came 4th and got to the playoff final. And the playoff final for us with our best chance which was mightilly stuck into the net only to be ruled out for the technicality of the keeper saving the scuffed shot before it peerolled in.

Carle was nothing for us and we did do good business out of him doubling our money for a player who didn't look that special. He's been dropped by Palace this season too and in our formation in our team he wouldn't be helping us fight our way out of it lets be very clear on that.

Reception wise. He's a player who wasn't here long enough and didn't perform well enough for me to care in the slightest. He's not done anything since leaving to upset us so who cares. save any emotion for the likes of Derry who deserves abuse!

ihe insisted on a minimum fee release clause in his contract otherwsie he would walk for free....

I do like Matt Hill, but was v.dissapointed with him when he left how he did

ihe insisted on a minimum fee release clause in his contract otherwsie he would walk for free....

I do like Matt Hill, but was v.dissapointed with him when he left how he did

What's wrong with that? He didn't have to sign the contract, he could have walked for free but he was honest with the club up front and made sure we got a fee. No better way to do it IMO.

What's wrong with that? He didn't have to sign the contract, he could have walked for free but he was honest with the club up front and made sure we got a fee. No better way to do it IMO.

yes and no. Could have just signed a one year deal with no clause. I can see what your saying, i don't begrudge Matt Hill anthing, whereas i hope Orr, Rosenior all end up failing

Nick Carle

Nick Carle was sold because he was in debt up to his eyeballs and GJ didn't trust him or his agent!! He wanted out before Nick Carle became a bigger problem than he already was!

I don't think he's done anything to warrant be booed though IMO! I'd say a clapping before the game and after the game would be appropriate!

Matt Hill

IMO the reception given to him wasn't over the top at all! He was very loyal to this club whilst he was a player and always had time for the fans! whether that be at a game, an organised club event or if you bumped into him in ASDA! He always felt that the fans were what made the club.

If you want to talk about over reaction to a previous club employee - the reception Danny Wilson got when he returned to the club when Tins was gaffa was slightly OTT if you ask me! I am the first to admit that i was a huge member of the Danny Wilson fanclub - i loved the bloke and did clap on said occasion. BUT i must admit i felt extremely bad for Tins to hear such a huge round of applause and then he came out the tunnel and didn't even get half the applause Danny W got!

Archived