IGNORED

Criticisms Of Stern John On Saturday

The Humble Realist

A lot of people have criticised Stern John and iv seen a lot of posts along the lines of "He doesnt offer anything Trundle doesnt" or "he was anonymous" etc

Well....all i can say is along with Trundles lob from the edge of the box he created our only chance with a great chest down (after a superb Mcindoe cross, another player who was criticised heavly after Saturday but tried really hard i thought) and would almost certainly have scored if he wasnt brought down for the penalty.

Bh_red got it right in another post when he simply said "if Stern John doesnt get goals in our team it shows theres summert wrong with the midfield and service".

As for Adebola, Saturday clearly showed that we play the long ball very often even when Dele doesnt play, a lot of fans have said "When Dele plays we just launch it" but on Saturday we just kept hoofing it up to Maynard and John, and Trundle once he was on the pitch. How can we expect any of those 3 to win it, in fact outa the three John pobs did the best. It just proves its not because of Dele that we play long ball, in fact i think we've missed Adebola quite a bit, who was upfront when we last won a game hmmmmm :innocent06:

A lot of people have criticised Stern John and iv seen a lot of posts along the lines of "He doesnt offer anything Trundle doesnt" or "he was anonymous" etc

Well....all i can say is along with Trundles lob from the edge of the box he created our only chance with a great chest down (after a superb Mcindoe cross, another player who was criticised heavly after Saturday but tried really hard i thought) and would almost certainly have scored if he wasnt brought down for the penalty.

Bh_red got it right in another post when he simply said "if Stern John doesnt get goals in our team it shows theres summert wrong with the midfield and service".

As for Adebola, Saturday clearly showed that we play the long ball very often even when Dele doesnt play, a lot of fans have said "When Dele plays we just launch it" but on Saturday we just kept hoofing it up to Maynard and John, and Trundle once he was on the pitch. How can we expect any of those 3 to win it, in fact outa the three John pobs did the best. It just proves its not because of Dele that we play long ball, in fact i think we've missed Adebola quite a bit, who was upfront when we last won a game hmmmmm :innocent06:

i agree with pretty much all of this. the majority view on here appears to be that our midfield just isnt good enough, hence we arent able to play through sides and thats why we resort to lumping. i don't think we can criticise our strikers until we sort the midfield out and get them playing closer to our strikers making pinpoint passes rather than just lumping it from miles away. for that reason i don't think we need to sign another striker eg. SJ, as his wages would be better spent on a quality midfielder.

We all appear to agree that our midfield are not creative enough - and are crossing from far too deep. My question is why? And why don't we get behind them? Sproule has to be quicker than 90% of the left backs at least he doesn't even have to beat the bloke with skill just kick the ball past him and run after the bloody ball. I know this then brings his crossing ability into question, but for gods sake this is championship football if a winger on £xk a week can't cross the ball then what on earth is he doing here?

I suppose my main point would be, apart from whinging at our wingers, is GJ telling the midfield that is what he wants us to do? If he isn't, then why do we do it and whats he bloody well doing about it? And if he is, surely he can see like the rest of us that it doesn't work and whats he bloody well doing about it?

We all appear to agree that our midfield are not creative enough - and are crossing from far too deep. My question is why? And why don't we get behind them? Sproule has to be quicker than 90% of the left backs at least he doesn't even have to beat the bloke with skill just kick the ball past him and run after the bloody ball. I know this then brings his crossing ability into question, but for gods sake this is championship football if a winger on £xk a week can't cross the ball then what on earth is he doing here?

I suppose my main point would be, apart from whinging at our wingers, is GJ telling the midfield that is what he wants us to do? If he isn't, then why do we do it and whats he bloody well doing about it? And if he is, surely he can see like the rest of us that it doesn't work and whats he bloody well doing about it?

How the bloody hell do I know what he's bloody well doing about it! :dunno:

Archived