IGNORED

G Johnson

dan keynsham robin

he has brought 1 good player ,Nick carle and the rest of crap Maynard John

who do uthink he sign in Jan

i hope he buy a good attcking mid and a good striker like alan smith on loan i say

please give me ure signing

cheers dan

Merry Christmas

We have to ask ourselves if we have increased the value of our team , bussiness wise i.e. in Pounds Sterling. With Maynards fee , Akinde, Williams and selling of Carle with no replacement , I would say that Maynards value has dropped, Williams and Akinde may have moved up slightly, so I think BCFC have a lower value than the beginning of the year.

he has brought 1 good player ,Nick carle and the rest of crap Maynard John

who do uthink he sign in Jan

i hope he buy a good attcking mid and a good striker like alan smith on loan i say

please give me ure signing

cheers dan

Merry Christmas

Your talking nonsense! Another one part of the "Nick Carle brigade" I see.

Your talking nonsense! Another one part of the "Nick Carle brigade" I see.

Nick Carle was a shewd buy and a quality player who was improving all the time...one of the most naturally gifted players we signed for years...and then we sell him to Colin with no replacement to come in....is it any wonder we are where we are.

I'm also in The Nick Carle brigade, does it show??

Nick Carle was a shewd buy and a quality player who was improving all the time...one of the most naturally gifted players we signed for years...and then we sell him to Colin with no replacement to come in....is it any wonder we are where we are.

I'm also in The Nick Carle brigade, does it show??

Dunno - when you talk where does the sound come from?? ;-)

Was the original poster just talking about this season or previous ones as well?

Maynard I don't think is a crap signing at all he's just taking longer to find form than we might have hoped. He is a good player and will come good when our passing game on the floor returns instead of lumping it up there.

Stern John is unambitious at the gate and looks as though he's here for the money which is a trifle annoying as he was a decent player but at the moment is just a lazy uninterested tw*t

The selling of Carle is dubious whether we have trully benefitted. My opinion is that we have lost an extra part of our midfield that could have made a difference this season.

BUt if you look at the good signings:

Basso

Weale

Fontaine

McCoombe

Noble

Maynard

Trundle

McIndoe (on a good day)

Oui, permet en effet adjoint les pieds avec une tarte et un émincé de boire jusqu'à rendidtion de 'boisson de cidre'

garlic bread, i'll offer a reply.

Carle did very little to influence the many games i saw him play, having nice touches and trying many tricks but not much substance. He didn't take advantage of a number of good goalscoring opportunities he had, and selling him for a 100% profit made sense to me.

What did not make sense was failing to replace him.

The current predicament, in my opinion, is because Elliott is not playing out of his skin like last year, and it is leaving us with a very average midfield (with the possible exception of McIndoe).

Was the original poster just talking about this season or previous ones as well?

Maynard I don't think is a crap signing at all he's just taking longer to find form than we might have hoped. He is a good player and will come good when our passing game on the floor returns instead of lumping it up there.

Stern John is unambitious at the gate and looks as though he's here for the money which is a trifle annoying as he was a decent player but at the moment is just a lazy uninterested tw*t

The selling of Carle is dubious whether we have trully benefitted. My opinion is that we have lost an extra part of our midfield that could have made a difference this season.

BUt if you look at the good signings:

Basso

Weale

Fontaine

McCoombe

Noble

Maynard

Trundle

McIndoe (on a good day)

Elliot as well mind

garlic bread, i'll offer a reply.

Carle did very little to influence the many games i saw him play, having nice touches and trying many tricks but not much substance. He didn't take advantage of a number of good goalscoring opportunities he had, and selling him for a 100% profit made sense to me.

What did not make sense was failing to replace him.

He was absolutely sublime in the last 6 or so games of the season including the playoff semis....he set both goals up at palace don't forget.

To say he had little influence is plain incorrect. I very much doubt we would have got to Wembley without him in the side (and I include the penalty in that also).

He was absolutely sublime in the last 6 or so games of the season including the playoff semis....he set both goals up at palace don't forget.

This is where opinion comes in to play. I simply don't agree.

At Sheffield Utd, when many people were raving about him, my opinion was that he didn't do alot. To say he set up Nobles goal in the play off is pushing it a little. Noble hit a wonder goal from 30 yards, not sure how much credit Carle can claim.

He is a decent player, who added competition in centre midfield (now very much lacking), but he certainly wasn't sublime at any point of his City career.

However, I would have him, or a decent replacement, in the squad at this moment in time because our centre midfield is struggling.

I'm not a Lee Johnson fan either.

Start and Play a player in his best position and then you will get the best out of him.

Carle barely got a chance and it didn't happen to late on in the season, Gavin Williams is still hasn't happened with, David Noble hasn't had the chance for nearly 18months, Trundle barely gets a look in up front constantly being stuck on the wing.

Christ........even Sproule got stuck on the left side of attack at Sheffield recently,

At Sheffield Utd, when many people were raving about him, my opinion was that he didn't do alot. To say he set up Nobles goal in the play off is pushing it a little. Noble hit a wonder goal from 30 yards, not sure how much credit Carle can claim.He is a decent player, who added competition in centre midfield (now very much lacking), but he certainly wasn't sublime at any point of his City career.

However, I would have him, or a decent replacement, in the squad at this moment in time because our centre midfield is struggling.

Who layed the ball off to Noble to put him in that position? Had he not layed the ball to Noble, he wouldnt have scored.

Who layed the ball off to Carey? Both assists which led to goals whichever way you look at it.

Who layed the ball off to Noble to put him in that position? Had he not layed the ball to Noble, he wouldnt have scored.

Who layed the ball off to Carey? Both assists which led to goals whichever way you look at it.

If you are arguing that we should never sell anyone who has made a pass that has lead to a goal, we would have a very big squad!!

At Sheffield Utd, when many people were raving about him, my opinion was that he didn't do alot. To say he set up Nobles goal in the play off is pushing it a little. Noble hit a wonder goal from 30 yards, not sure how much credit Carle can claim.

He is a decent player, who added competition in centre midfield (now very much lacking), but he certainly wasn't sublime at any point of his City career.

Agree that Sublime is possibly a bit too strong a word, but for me he was certinaly better than any of the alternatives we currently had at the club, I think the main thing was though, that he did show glimpes in patches of being an extremely talented player,

For me and this is something many others mentioned at the time, human nature dictates that when moving into a new country and a new climate, it's going to take a while to adjust in your personal life and your professional life will suffer until your fully settled whether we like it or not.

For most, it was a case of him having a good rest in the summer, sorting himself and his family off the field into UK life and then this season we would see the best of him, unfortunately Gary didn't want to give him that chance and cashed in for, what I will still say is a small profit, without even replacing him.

Unfortunately Crystal Palace are the main benefactors in this unforuntate situation and already have their ready made replacement for when they sell Ben Watson (for whom Carle was signed to replace)

Agree that Sublime is possibly a bit too strong a word, but for me he was certinaly better than any of the alternatives we currently had at the club, I think the main thing was though, that he did show glimpes in patches of being an extremely talented player,

For me and this is something many others mentioned at the time, human nature dictates that when moving into a new country and a new climate, it's going to take a while to adjust in your personal life and your professional life will suffer until your fully settled whether we like it or not.

For most, it was a case of him having a good rest in the summer, sorting himself and his family off the field into UK life and then this season we would see the best of him, unfortunately Gary didn't want to give him that chance and cashed in for, what I will still say is a small profit, without even replacing him.

Unfortunately Crystal Palace are the main benefactors in this unforuntate situation and already have their ready made replacement for when they sell Ben Watson (for whom Carle was signed to replace)

I would agree with that.

As I said, I don't understand why he wasn't replaced and therefore would rather have him in the squad at the moment.

There appears a reluctance to drop Lee Johnson, or to even have a challenger for his position!!

Archived