IGNORED

Standard Of Ref's

Donkeeebles

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on this and before i give mine i am in no way trying to make excuses for the position the team are in!!!!

Has the standard of re'sf and linesmen down AG this season been worse than normal. I don't know about anyone else but i have walked away from a large percentage of home games thinking that the performance of the ref and linesmen has been far below what i have come to expect in profesional football. We even had a premier league ref in Rob Style's and i felt he was arguably the worst of the lot!

I have a certain sympathy for ref's these days because players throw themselve's about trying to win free kick's and penalty's so they are understandably going to get some decisions wrong but i feel as though i have seen ref's down the gate get even the most basic and clear decisions wrong.

Maybe i am wrong and am being unfair to the officials and if i am then i apologise now. .....However if i am right and others feel the same as me then what do you think the solution would be if any at all.......Technology maybe??????......or do we just except that ref's are going to make basic errors and we have to take the rough with the smooth (can i add at this point that we have been on the end of some favourable decisions as well)

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on this and before i give mine i am in no way trying to make excuses for the position the team are in!!!!

Has the standard of re'sf and linesmen down AG this season been worse than normal. I don't know about anyone else but i have walked away from a large percentage of home games thinking that the performance of the ref and linesmen has been far below what i have come to expect in profesional football. We even had a premier league ref in Rob Style's and i felt he was arguably the worst of the lot!

I have a certain sympathy for ref's these days because players throw themselve's about trying to win free kick's and penalty's so they are understandably going to get some decisions wrong but i feel as though i have seen ref's down the gate get even the most basic and clear decisions wrong.

Maybe i am wrong and am being unfair to the officials and if i am then i apologise now. .....However if i am right and others feel the same as me then what do you think the solution would be if any at all.......Technology maybe??????......or do we just except that ref's are going to make basic errors and we have to take the rough with the smooth (can i add at this point that we have been on the end of some favourable decisions as well)

To be honest i think we have had poor referees this season, home and away!

It's no excuse for our poor league positioning but if you put the ball over the goaline and the ref doesn't give you a goal (Swansea and arguably Sheff Wed) then you are always going to find it tough.

I don't think technology should be introduced however and i don't think that stupid Fifa thing with a man behind the goal line should be introduced as well. Who would make the decisions then? The best thing about football is how quick it is and alot of these decisions are debatable so what do you do if your unsure?

It is frustrating but all you can do is get on with it.

I think the standard has been dropping for quite a while.

In fairness the speed of the game doesn't make it any easier, which is why goal line technology should be brought in, as should a retrospective video review of the game to hand out yellows for diving etc.

However, you do see absolute howlers week in, week out which tend to take away from the enjoyment of the game. Take last weeks ref. Was he good for giving the pen and not giving the free kick (which would have been a red card) against us or was he bad for giving the corners as goal kicks and not sending their player off at the penalty?

Their is soooo much inconsistency, it is hugely frustrating. At some point I shall lose interest in football, part of it because of the move away from a full bloodied "man's game", part of it because of the increasing gulf between the haves and have nots, part of it because of the policing and finally part of it because of the appalling standard of refereeing. There are very few refs that I would say, he was good I hope we have him again.

I think the standard has been dropping for quite a while.

In fairness the speed of the game doesn't make it any easier, which is why goal line technology should be brought in, as should a retrospective video review of the game to hand out yellows for diving etc.

However, you do see absolute howlers week in, week out which tend to take away from the enjoyment of the game. Take last weeks ref. Was he good for giving the pen and not giving the free kick (which would have been a red card) against us or was he bad for giving the corners as goal kicks and not sending their player off at the penalty?

Their is soooo much inconsistency, it is hugely frustrating. At some point I shall lose interest in football, part of it because of the move away from a full bloodied "man's game", part of it because of the increasing gulf between the haves and have nots, part of it because of the policing and finally part of it because of the appalling standard of refereeing. There are very few refs that I would say, he was good I hope we have him again.

I don't think i can disagree with any of that.....well maybe the lose interest in football bit

Guest wheres your caravan??

I totally agree.

IMO the only good referee in this country is Howard Webb.

I totally agree.

I don't think there is a best referee, just the most consistent.

Still gets on my nerves how that 20 year old ref is supposed to be in the fifa list for world cup referees. He gives goals that aren't, Chalks off goals that are, Gives pens that aren't, Doesn't wait for advantages when its plainly obvious you should even i know that and the main problem IMO is the age, some of the players are older than him and any big decision he makes the players could influence just saying "Ohh look at that on the TV later and you'll be a laughing stock all over again".

He would have no authority.

Didn't watch the Arsenal v. Liverpool game at the weekend then? He was s**t.

Goal line technology is a must, it won't slow the game down and surely by now every team must have had the ball over the line with it not being given, if there was a vote I bet 90% of English clubs would go for it.

Dunno where you would draw the line though, probably conference or conference north/south? Doubt they'd want to pay for it??

Goal line technology is a must, it won't slow the game down and surely by now every team must have had the ball over the line with it not being given, if there was a vote I bet 90% of English clubs would go for it.

Dunno where you would draw the line though, probably conference or conference north/south? Doubt they'd want to pay for it??

Def think the goal line technology would help.......it would have sorted out the debacle at Watford earlier this season.....that was probably the worst decision in football ever!!!!!!!!!

Guest wheres your caravan??

What about his performance was s**t???

What about his performance was s**t???

Persistent fouls not getting picked up on by Liverpool, but sends Adebayor off (admittedly stupid for doing the same thing twice) when he is trying to shield the ball. My memory isn't that great but I remember 60,000 people in the stadium chanting he did a bad job too.

I agree he is usually a decent ref just had a poor game at the weekend, underlines the difficulty in the job.

Refs are no better or worse than ever, other than the 10 year old idiot being fast-tracked who gave the non-goal. Even then, Reading should have done the sporting thing, as it was so obvious, and with cameras there, it was going to be highlighted. The refs have gone against us simply because we are struggling, it always has been like that, and always will. What p*sses me off most is the Greedy 4 Managers who generally get the best of the decisions all year, and yet scream loudly if one goes against them. To be honest, it's about time that the FA really hit Managers who act like spoilt brats (A baseball bat perhaps?) - We either go with technology, or just accept mistakes... And if we go with technology, the Greedy 4 might start to find just how much refs actually favour them.

I think its consistency that really annoys people, if you take the 2 handballs in the Burnly game that were nearly identicle, ie burnly player didnt get penalised then Mcoombe i think gets penalised for identicle thing and they score.

that really annoyed me last week. Along with the obvious corner when Mcoombe tried a volley in the 2nd half and the ball took an obvious deflection that most of the ground saw and again it wasnt given.

:city::city:

Archived