IGNORED

Justin Lee Collins

bringbacktherobin

So end of last season when we were doing very well, Justin Lee Collins started doing the whole "Ive been a fan of city all my life" blah blah blah. I said at the time that it was a load of rubbish but some people on here were saying give him a season ticket etc.

Does anyone think its not a surprise that now were doing "normal" hes not running around saying hes a city fan etc.

At least people like Tony Robinson go to the game, watch the game etc and not do the whole "Look at me, look at me" rubbish.

Didn't he say something like 'I'll buy a season ticket if we get to the Prem?' Presumably then he's ######d off again.

Yep exactly what he said.

BCFC_1988 No, not to say it everytime he is on TV, but he knew buy coming out and saying all that when we were doing well it would get him publicity.

Now were just plain old bristol city again i bet he doesn't care at all.

Take John Cleese for example, whenever he talks about city its not for the publicty but because he actually likes the club.

Do you honestly think he needs to mention Bristol City to get Justin Lee Collins more publicity? He's on the TV all the bloody time, he doesn't need to do anything.

Give the guy a break will ya? yes he did make some statement in april/may, but only because he is in the public eye, and a proud bristolian. I'm sure what he said, was in response to a question by a reporter. At the time our beloved club were in the public eye, and the media wanted to speak to "famous" bristol city fans, it makes far more interesting viewing, for everybody else in the country, because they can relate to him and know that he is from brizzle. I am not sure if fans (from other clubs) would want to watch endless news reports with just a bunch of us zidereds shouting how great are club is.

I can't recall Tony Robinson opening up the program with "Hello welcome to Time Time and what a great win for Bristol Cty on Saturday" or discussing wether to play Noble in the hole with the Professor from Bristol Uni. Nor can I remember John Cleese wearing a City shirt in Fawlty Towers. JLC is a City fan no doubt but why should he broadcast it at every opportunity? Does anyone walk into a meeting and introduce themselves as "Mr. Whatever, Bristol City fan? You'd get laughed out of the place.

I can't recall Tony Robinson opening up the program with "Hello welcome to Time Time and what a great win for Bristol Cty on Saturday" or discussing wether to play Noble in the hole with the Professor from Bristol Uni. Nor can I remember John Cleese wearing a City shirt in Fawlty Towers. JLC is a City fan no doubt but why should he broadcast it at every opportunity? Does anyone walk into a meeting and introduce themselves as "Mr. Whatever, Bristol City fan? You'd get laughed out of the place.

Tony Robson has worn a City hat on Time Team on many occasions.

bloody eck, give the guy a break, I'm sure if the media were asking him questions about City he would talk about them, but since they obviously haven't he hasn't

I recall back in Johnson's first season, he got Carey and gary on a video link up on the Paul O'Grady show when he was covering,

plus I recall a few years back when we played Cov in the FA Cup, that #### John Gaunt was trying to take the mick out of City in the Prem lounge and JLC well and truely made him look like the #### he was........

top bloke.......as for Tony Robinson, he doesn't go that often these days due to his time team work commitments.

either way, both top blokes

I think he should quit his career and concentrate on promoting Bristol City!

The guy is hilarious and if I were in his position with his talent, the last thing on my mind would be mentioning Bristol City every time I appeared on TV, he has openly admitted to being a City Fan and by him not going to every game does not make him any less of a fan then you or I.

I know plenty of City fans who have followed City home and away for years who said exactly the same thing about buying a season ticket if we get to the prem, forgive them all!

don't think he's that funny, and doubt he gives that much of a damn about City unless we're riding high.

Anyone ever seen him at a match?

yeah quite a few times, mainly back before he hit the big time he was fairly regular, since his career has taken off though in the last 4/5 years he can't get to games as much as he used to......

fair play to him though, he still leaves here and refuses to move to London, he doesn't even stay over in London when working, Bristol is his home and he loves it.........he's promotion of Bristol nationally over the last few years is bigger and better than anyone over the last few years that I can think

yeah quite a few times, mainly back before he hit the big time he was fairly regular, since his career has taken off though in the last 4/5 years he can't get to games as much as he used to......

fair play to him though, he still leaves here and refuses to move to London, he doesn't even stay over in London when working, Bristol is his home and he loves it.........he's promotion of Bristol nationally over the last few years is bigger and better than anyone over the last few years that I can think

Fair play to him then.

.......as for Tony Robinson, he doesn't go that often these days due to his time team work commitments.

I was "chatting" to Tony Robinson's son a while back on the Pistonheads forum. (Both he and his dad have been TVR owners and I was thinking of getting one).

He said that they were both still big fans but because of work commitments and being now based in London, that they weren't able to get to many home games, but whenever we played in and around the capital they would always try to get to the game.

This probably explains why I haven't seen TR at a home match for ages. Used to see him quite often.

I was "chatting" to Tony Robinson's son a while back on the Pistonheads forum. (Both he and his dad have been TVR owners and I was thinking of getting one).

He said that they were both still big fans but because of work commitments and being now based in London, that they weren't able to get to many home games, but whenever we played in and around the capital they would always try to get to the game.

This probably explains why I haven't seen TR at a home match for ages. Used to see him quite often.

Tony Robinson and Justin Lee Collins are both good City fans, work commitments prevent them from seeing as many matches as they would like.

So end of last season when we were doing very well, Justin Lee Collins started doing the whole "Ive been a fan of city all my life" blah blah blah. I said at the time that it was a load of rubbish but some people on here were saying give him a season ticket etc.

Does anyone think its not a surprise that now were doing "normal" hes not running around saying hes a city fan etc.

At least people like Tony Robinson go to the game, watch the game etc and not do the whole "Look at me, look at me" rubbish.

why do people from the east end feel the need to constantly hammer other fans for the way they support the club.

City fans moaning about other City fans support is simply stupid

We all support the club in different ways, but the point is WE ALL SUPPORT THE SAME CLUB.

save your hatred for away fans..........

(sorry to others in the east end)

why do people from the east end feel the need to constantly hammer other fans for the way they support the club.

City fans moaning about other City fans support is simply stupid

We all support the club in different ways, but the point is WE ALL SUPPORT THE SAME CLUB.

save your hatred for away fans..........

(sorry to others in the east end)

What does it matter what stand I'm in? Where have i ever said that i have a hatred for away fans.

For you information on a number of topics i feel supporters should support how they wish, i just think its a bit rich for someone famous to suddenly come out and declare his love for city when were on the verge of something amazing.

Least get your facts right before you start spouting rubbish about me.

What does it matter what stand I'm in? Where have i ever said that i have a hatred for away fans.

For you information on a number of topics i feel supporters should support how they wish, i just think its a bit rich for someone famous to suddenly come out and declare his love for city when were on the verge of something amazing.

Least get your facts right before you start spouting rubbish about me.

He wasn't even that famous before City started doing well, so how would you know what matches he went to? You just sound envious.

While we're on the topic of celebrity fans, don't forget Massive Attack, who actually sponsored the match programme today. 3D (Robert Del Naja) was interviewed in the programme a few months ago and is a proper fan (as well as a brilliant musician and good guy). So JLC, John Cleese, Tony Robinson, Massive Attack, Marcus Trescothick, the bloke who reads the news on ITV News West....I think that's a pretty good celeb roster (although we can't include Jamelia any more since we sold Byfield). Compare that to some of our other Champ rivals: Barnsley - Dickie Bird & Michael Parkinson; Burnley - Alastair Campbell; Cardiff - Welsh First Minister Rhodri Morgan....

While we're on the topic of celebrity fans, don't forget Massive Attack, who actually sponsored the match programme today. 3D (Robert Del Naja) was interviewed in the programme a few months ago and is a proper fan (as well as a brilliant musician and good guy). So JLC, John Cleese, Tony Robinson, Massive Attack, Marcus Trescothick, the bloke who reads the news on ITV News West....I think that's a pretty good celeb roster (although we can't include Jamelia any more since we sold Byfield). Compare that to some of our other Champ rivals: Barnsley - Dickie Bird & Michael Parkinson; Burnley - Alastair Campbell; Cardiff - Welsh First Minister Rhodri Morgan....

Rovers - Jeffrey Archer

Archived