IGNORED

Living In Devon

CiderEagle

I live in North Devon, where there is a strong level of support for a team called "and Plymouth". Most people, adults and kids alike, support "Leeds and Plymouth" , "Chelsea and Plymouth" and of course the most popular "Man U and Plymouth".

I have noticed a strange dropoff in "and Plymouth" support lately, in favour of a team called "Plymouth and" - suddenly its "Plymouth and Man U" or "Plymouth and Chelsea".You can't get away from those horrible green shirts all over the place. Its not even a NICE green, like Celtic's hoops or Norwich's shorts, its a horrible bile-green.

People point and laugh at my City shirt when I give it an airing.

The local telly has been full of nothing but "Congratulations to Argyle" programmes. All around is joy and laughter.

I can't bleedin' stand it any more! At least if we go up in the next couple of weeks all will be forgotten, otherwise I will have to endure a whole season of part-time Plymouth fans taking the ######.

Just wanted to share my pain with you all. Time for my lunchtime nap now.

I live in North Devon, where there is a strong level of support for a team called "and Plymouth". Most people, adults and kids alike, support "Leeds and Plymouth" , "Chelsea and Plymouth" and of course the most popular "Man U and Plymouth".

I have noticed a strange dropoff in "and Plymouth" support lately, in favour of a team called "Plymouth and" - suddenly its "Plymouth and Man U" or "Plymouth and Chelsea".You can't get away from those horrible green shirts all over the place. Its not even a NICE green, like Celtic's hoops or Norwich's shorts, its a horrible bile-green.

People point and laugh at my City shirt when I give it an airing.

The local telly has been full of nothing but "Congratulations to Argyle" programmes. All around is joy and laughter.

I can't bleedin' stand it any more! At least if we go up in the next couple of weeks all will be forgotten, otherwise I will have to endure a whole season of part-time Plymouth fans taking the ######.

Just wanted to share my pain with you all. Time for my lunchtime nap now.

I feel your pain - Cardiff ain't been much fun for then last year either!

Guest bristolbred

All my neighbours are Derby supporters!! :rolleyes:

So it's great, as they are more miserable than me!! :P

Got one or two closet Notts Forest fans nearby, but they are safe this season, so if we don't go up, and Derby come down, at least i'd have the Pride Park fixture to look forward too!! :rolleyes:

:)

Ps, on the 22nd of May, I'm attending a function where there are going to be a few Argyle supporters present!! :dunno:

Lets hope that we end the season well!! :whistle:

Like City Nut, I'm living in Plymouth and work in the city centre in an office full of Man U,Chelsea & Spurs fans who have suddenly started referring to their local side as "us" & "we". Only support I get is from Shaun Taylor's sister-in-law who works for us and even she's leaving tomorrow as she's expecting. To make things even worse the boss is a big QPR fan - if we cock this up again my life is going to be a living nightmare!!

The only other thing all of the above seem to be agreed on is that they think DW is a great manager - I wonder why!!?

Poor City Nut - he's slap bang central in Plymouth.. about 1 mile from HP

As someone who was exiled down there nearly 3 ago I dread to think what its like - I remember watching the kingstonian replay in a my city shirt and getting greif even back then when they had just safely starved off relegation to the confrence.

How times change eh.. :laugh:

Tell me about it!!

I have taken abuse all season for being a city fan at work. The only safe place to wear my city top is on the Plymouth Uni campus any other place i just get abused. The thing is that i went a little over the top when we went top of the league so they have rubbed it in even more :@

Also worst of all is the fact i can see and on the odd ocansion hear Home Park from my house. It aint nice!!.

The only good thing is I'm back in Bristol for the Blackpool game so i will miss there promo party on the last game of the season :dunno:

It will be enjoyable next season though when i see them drop out of the first division!!!

Guest N1 Jim

Work with a few Arsenal season ticketers, a West Ham fan, a Pompey fan who reckons he was in the 657 bunch but never goes to games.

Think I get a fair bit of a respect for following a lower league team and everyone dislikes Cardiff.

Work with a few Arsenal season ticketers, a West Ham fan, a Pompey fan who reckons he was in the 657 bunch but never goes to games.

Think I get a fair bit of a respect for following a lower league team and everyone dislikes Cardiff.

can you send the people who dislike cardiff to me please!!!

if i hear the words bottlers/chokers one more bloody time i'm going to go mad!!!!

still least they have their own problems at the moment with infighting about bonuses etc and it looks like sam might just have said no more spending for them!!

Guest Harry May

I live in S Wales as well - great ain't it ! Cardiff do n't you just love 'em ! It was worse when Newport were in the League - been over here for 23 years.

Caldicot Red.

god newport as well that must have been hell

fortuately i know quite a few jacks so i do get some moral support but i will never forget last year - and cannot wait to get revenge at some point

still a special edition of 'wheres whalley' is being printed for their game tommorrow top give the boneheads something to do during the game!!

Archived