IGNORED

Player Valuations

tezOfCity

Has this all bin done before? :S, sorry, I'm new to this whole forum thing, only got account lyk an hour ago, anyways if anyone wants to add comments . . .

sorry again if I'm boring you :(

but still . . . what about skuse? :)

Well, Tez, as a newbie, I think you should put a valuation on Skuse - lets see what you say?!! :innocent06:

haha fair play.

well hes got talent and his born and bread but only ever been a bit-player at championship level.

I would say between 6 - 800k to anyone below us.

1 - 1.5mil to anyone in champ or above.

if u think I'm being a fool then be gentle with me, i am a newbie after all :icecream:

I like Skuse, he's a Bristol boy after all - but as you say - I cant see him being a regular at Championship level.

Great squad player, so it depends on what Skuse wants I guess - I think he is worth his contract but does he want first team football? If he does, then I would like to think we would let him go in the summer (not to the dark side) and wish him well - but getting in an adequate replacement...

Now as for the first team. Every player has a price, but we need to build a team round the core of Basso, Fonts, Elliott and Maynard - these are Championship players and it would be criminal to let them go in January.

However, as above - every player has a price... Lets see what happens!

Basso - £3m (would we get the same for cheaper?)

Orr - £250k (worth more but with just 20 games left on his contract anything is better than nothing)

Carey - £100k (coming up to 32 - although still awesome for us - and never commanded a fee in his career)

Fontaine - £750k (still young and improving but not an in demand position)

B Wilson - £100k (done not a lot to suggest he is worth any more. Bought for £50k two years ago)

Sproule - £500k (bear with me! worth that for someone who wants that kind of thing!)

Elliott - £3.5m (easily if Diarra is worth £20m and it is worth that for us NOT to have him)

Johnson - £250k (can't really put a figure on him. Don't love him, don't hate him just think he is what he is)

McIndoe - £250k (not lit up the league and decent guys are two a penny in this area. Any better than when Wolves bought him?)

Adebola - Free (worth more than that to us but not on the market - he's a long cry from his £1m tag 10 years ago)

Maynard - £5m (because we wouldn't want to lose face by going for less. Also we bought potential which is realising at last!)

McAllister - £250k (not an easy gap to fill and does the defensive job ok with a reasonable forward streak)

Trundle - £100k (32yo striker who is short of games, goals and form. No value to us (except face) and was a poor piece of business IMO)

Skuse - £100k (done not a lot to suggest anymore in a career that has rarely threatened to take off)

McCombe - £100k (although I can't see anyone wanting to pay it at our level or below)

Well there you go, I have had a punt and left myself open to the inevitable criticism!

Although i`m not too sure on some of the figures, certainly not enough to argue with you, i have to say i can`t see anything wrong with your indivdual notes. I agree with all of them !!!!!

Must be the season of goodwill.

PDG

Basso - £3m (would we get the same for cheaper?)

Orr - £250k (worth more but with just 20 games left on his contract anything is better than nothing)

Carey - £100k (coming up to 32 - although still awesome for us - and never commanded a fee in his career)

Fontaine - £750k (still young and improving but not an in demand position)

B Wilson - £100k (done not a lot to suggest he is worth any more. Bought for £50k two years ago)

Sproule - £500k (bear with me! worth that for someone who wants that kind of thing!)

Elliott - £3.5m (easily if Diarra is worth £20m and it is worth that for us NOT to have him)

Johnson - £250k (can't really put a figure on him. Don't love him, don't hate him just think he is what he is)

McIndoe - £250k (not lit up the league and decent guys are two a penny in this area. Any better than when Wolves bought him?)

Adebola - Free (worth more than that to us but not on the market - he's a long cry from his £1m tag 10 years ago)

Maynard - £5m (because we wouldn't want to lose face by going for less. Also we bought potential which is realising at last!)

McAllister - £250k (not an easy gap to fill and does the defensive job ok with a reasonable forward streak)

Trundle - £100k (32yo striker who is short of games, goals and form. No value to us (except face) and was a poor piece of business IMO)

Skuse - £100k (done not a lot to suggest anymore in a career that has rarely threatened to take off)

McCombe - £100k (although I can't see anyone wanting to pay it at our level or below)

Well there you go, I have had a punt and left myself open to the inevitable criticism!

have to agree with most of that as well, although I would doubt anyone would pay much more than about 800k for Basso (he is quite unproven still and doesnt have the most famous name, otherwise he is a hell of a keeper!), and i think mccombe would go for more - in a decent team he could be the difference between going up and staying down in league 1, like he was for us. Its funny how far we have come, but would still a squad of comparatively limited transfer values.

have to agree with most of that as well, although I would doubt anyone would pay much more than about 800k for Basso (he is quite unproven still and doesnt have the most famous name, otherwise he is a hell of a keeper!), and i think mccombe would go for more - in a decent team he could be the difference between going up and staying down in league 1, like he was for us. Its funny how far we have come, but would still a squad of comparatively limited transfer values.

I agree that it is unlikely that Basso would fetch much more than £750k but it would need to be a very big offer for us to let him go without a replacement who is as good.

haha fair play.

well hes got talent and his born and bread but only ever been a bit-player at championship level.

I would say between 6 - 800k to anyone below us.

1 - 1.5mil to anyone in champ or above.

if u think I'm being a fool then be gentle with me, i am a newbie after all :icecream:

I personally don't think he is worth anywhere near that sort of money....not at the moment anyway.

Archived