IGNORED

Club In Crisis

chinapig

That got your attention. :whistle2: Just the sort of headline we have had here recently. Yet there is a club 16th in League 1 and four points off the relegation zone, despite having a prolific goal scorer. The clubs immediately above and below them have recently sacked their Managers. Their ambitions are so high that their Manager now says he thinks they are good enough to get in the top half. After all they can't be expected to compete with the big clubs above them, like Oldham and Stockport. No wonder the local press is full of stories of the crisis at that club, that relegation threatens and that the majority of fans have turned against the Manager. Oh, hang on, I can't seem to find the stories in the Evening Post. Odd. :innocent06:

That got your attention. :whistle2: Just the sort of headline we have had here recently. Yet there is a club 16th in League 1 and four points off the relegation zone, despite having a prolific goal scorer. The clubs immediately above and below them have recently sacked their Managers. Their ambitions are so high that their Manager now says he thinks they are good enough to get in the top half. After all they can't be expected to compete with the big clubs above them, like Oldham and Stockport. No wonder the local press is full of stories of the crisis at that club, that relegation threatens and that the majority of fans have turned against the Manager. Oh, hang on, I can't seem to find the stories in the Evening Post. Odd. :innocent06:

Anybody would think that the supporters of the higher placed club in the higher league would stop buying the rag!!!

I know, amazing, isn't it?

I'm sure I also saw in that rag last week that Trollope and Lawrence were doing such a great job that a Championship club (Charlton) was "allegedly" interested, too.

However with their incredible record of 7 wins in their last 42 games surely they must be turning heads at an even higher level as well?

Archived