IGNORED

Lee Bowyer

sglosbcfc

Guest big red lee
Anything in the rumour doing the rounds about Lee Bowyer joining City?

love to see lee bowyer down the gate

at least he would get stuck into a tackle unlike johnson

but i herd birmingham want him cant realy see us going toe to toe with them

Definitely No Thank You. Nasty little bugger at the best of times, don't care how good or otherwise he is.

Perfect candidate to mess up the friendly dressing room me thinks! Didn't he have a punch up with his own player on the pitch?

I wouldn't think GJ would risk it myself...

I was waiting for this one to appear. The rumour my old man had heard from a "sauce" who has been right before was that he was down here with his agent last week. That does not mean we will get him but it sounds like we may well have spoken to him if nothing else. To me, whether he is the type of bloke you would take to your Nan's for tea and cakes is immaterial - can he play football is the question that needs to be answered?

I was waiting for this one to appear. The rumour my old man had heard from a "sauce" who has been right before was that he was down here with his agent last week. That does not mean we will get him but it sounds like we may well have spoken to him if nothing else. To me, whether he is the type of bloke you would take to your Nan's for tea and cakes is immaterial - can he play football is the question that needs to be answered?

Can't see it myself, but if it happened, he'd be played on the right, or as replacement for Marvin I think.

Johnson cant handle players like that if we sign anyone it will be from Yeovil!

That has to be one of the most intelligent posts I've ever read on this forum. A classic already for me, could even quote that for my signature!

But anyway, I'd have Bowyer on loan anyday, better quality and depth for the squad.

Just in case anyone has forgot his history have a read and then decide if he would be a good investment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Bowyer

To the best of my knowledge Bowyer appears to have grown up and has stayed out of trouble for a long time now. GJ has a history of giving people the second chance that you don't seem to feel Bowyer deserves and perhaps he has made an enquiry about a player who clearly has ability. Let us hope that Liverpool take your stance with Gerrard given he has been charged with the same offences as Bradley Orr and Gary "second chance" Johnson can sign him on and have him in our midfield as well!!!!

To the best of my knowledge Bowyer appears to have grown up and has stayed out of trouble for a long time now. GJ has a history of giving people the second chance that you don't seem to feel Bowyer deserves and perhaps he has made an enquiry about a player who clearly has ability. Let us hope that Liverpool take your stance with Gerrard given he has been charged with the same offences as Bradley Orr and Gary "second chance" Johnson can sign him on and have him in our midfield as well!!!!

Why have you singled me out when others have posted doubts about the bloke, i was asking for a opinion thats all, you do not know how i feel regarding LB.

Why have you singled me out when others have posted doubts about the bloke, i was asking for a opinion thats all, you do not know how i feel regarding LB.

I'm not deliberately singling you out. I thought you had a strong opinion on not signing him (apologies if I have mis-read your comments) given your reference to Wilkipedia and I was responding that GJ is prepared to give people a second chance as his record shows. I would have Lee Bowyer like a shot if he is fit, available and his wage demands are reasonable for the simple reason that the boy can play football and has proven that he can do it at the highest domestic level. And I would also have Steven Gerrard too if he is available!!!

If you are correct then Bowyer and his agent would have left the AG car park last week never to return!!!

Who can say? Agents and certain players are very untrustworthy. Mifsud and Meteb and their agents are good examples.

In Meteb's case I felt we were being used and if Bowyer has been here than I would think the same.

Archived