IGNORED

If You're Not Going To Barnsley

Badger

.....do consider going along to Almondsbury to cheer on the Women's team. They have their final match of the season and if they win they will be promoted.

There is a covered seating area and lots of people take their kids too. There's a bar where you can buy drinks ( hot and cold ). It's very relaxed and friendly, and as Harry May posted last week, the football's not bad either!

On occasions there have been a couple of hundred there and I'm sure the girls would appreciate some good vocal support for such a big game, so if you can't make the trip to Barnsley, go along and support another part of BCFC! :laugh:

What about people who are not adults (OAPs, students etc.) and what about season ticket holders (for the men). Is it cheaper or free as with mens reserve games?
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that one.......I'll try and find out

£2 for adults to include programme. OAP/Kids free. Programmes £1 otherwise. A Red 'n' White afternoon might be nice? !!!

(Did you know Wimbledon beat Millwall Lionesses 2-1 last night. Millwall scored first and then gave away two penalties, thus allowing Wimbledon to take the points.)

It's now 1. Southampton P24 g d +36 - 57pts

2. Bristol City P23 g d +41 - 55pts

3. AFC Wimbledon P23 g d +25 - 53pts

So, by the end of Sunday we could finish up 1st, 2nd or 3rd!!

Message just received from the secretary of BCWFC

Guest getoutmyseat

Why would I want to see the women's team? They have no real conection to the real Bristol City team and I doubt the majority of people on this board really care how they get on.

On the same subject, can't the women's team get there own website instead of clogging up the main one.

Why would I want to see the women's team? They have no real conection to the real Bristol City team and I doubt the majority of people on this board really care how they get on.

On the same subject, can't the women's team get there own website instead of clogging up the main one.

Thats a bit harsh isn't it?

The womens team Bristol City do proud especially if they get promoted to the premier league of the womens league.

Well some of us are more than happy to go and watch them - good luck to the Womens team on sunday, I'll be there to see them win promotion :laugh:

Guest wishbone

Fine sentiments from getoutmyseat I must say.

I think most Reds would consider themselves fans of the Club, not just the first team.

If he's as rude as his name makes him sound, he's no loss as a spectator to the women's team.

:laugh:

They have no real conection to the real Bristol City team and I doubt the majority of people on this board really care how they get on. 

Actually, in many ways the women deserve our full support - they are unpaid, but nevertheless they represent Bristol City.

Many opposing teams are surprised how much connection they have with the club.

Several of the girls are now in the Academy and the next season the U16's will play as part of the Academy.

• Admin
Actually, in many ways the women deserve our full support - they are unpaid, but nevertheless they represent Bristol City.

Many opposing teams are surprised how much connection they have with the club.

Several of the girls are now in the Academy and the next season the U16's will play as part of the Academy.

Maggie

I think you and the women's team are doing a great job promoting the club. Not being able to go to Barnsley, I should be able to get to Almondsbury to support one of 'our' team's.

Here's hoping for promotion for both teams. :laugh:

That comment was a bit harsh. I must admit I have no interest in womens football but anything that generates interest in our club should be encouraged not mocked. Our club should be open to all thats how you put bums on seats generate bigger crowds buy better players play in a higher league. Look at the bigger picture meat head

Guest Red_Rat

getoutmyseat you don't have many girlfriends do you?

Dope, they are everybit of the club, well more than you.

In the words of a canadian teacher at my school - "Jackass"

I suppose you also don't follow our Academy team or reserves according to that logic. I will be going.

Guest getoutmyseat

In response to earlier posts, yes I do follow the academy and the reserves. Their results can have a direct impact on the sucess of the club. Players doing well in those matches could force their way into the 1st team and influence City results. However well the women's team do they will never impact Bristol City as a whole.

However well the women's team do they will never impact Bristol City as a whole.
Representing the club, spreading the name of our club and being successful through unpaid hard work won't help the club at all, purely because the people doing it aren't male?

Nice attitude.

Guest bristolbred

Can we not ban #######er's like this from our website?? :sub:

:)

Guest bristolbred
In response to earlier posts, yes I do follow the academy and the reserves. Their results can have a direct impact on the sucess of the club. Players doing well in those matches could force their way into the 1st team and influence City results. However well the women's team do they will never impact Bristol City as a whole.
SAD!! :P

Archived