IGNORED

Arsenal Youngsters

DaveF

Simpson's gone to WBA and Hoyte to Watford.

Do you think we'll get any at all?

I don't think we have any 'relationship'with the big clubs at all - even Plymouth seem to have more pull than we do, so it isn't geography necessarily.

I wouldn't knock that Everton rumour. It's been said down here that Everton are going to buy Steven Fletcher from Hibs, so you may get one everton striker on loan.

I certainly would. The lad he said is badly injured and just come out of hospital from surgery. The Everton site even says he won't start light training until Spring 2009. If we loaned him, then that would officially be the biggest waste of wages ever and if he passed a medical then it really makes the medical system look a mockery.

I wouldn't knock that Everton rumour. It's been said down here that Everton are going to buy Steven Fletcher from Hibs, so you may get one everton striker on loan.

Funny that David Moyes just been on Sky Sports saying they have no money to spend, no one is for sell and that he is looking to get one or two in on loan only. That to me makes the Fletcher story look false. I think you will find Real Madrid have offered 4m for him which has been accepted.

As exciting as some of those youngsters are, I don't like the idea of loaning them in myself. I have always disliked teams having loan players that will never be theirs, Stoke obviously took it to extremes, but there are other examples of teams only really getting success on the back of other teams players.

It doesn't sit right with me, but maybe I am old fashioned.......

Funny that David Moyes just been on Sky Sports saying they have no money to spend, no one is for sell and that he is looking to get one or two in on loan only. That to me makes the Fletcher story look false. I think you will find Real Madrid have offered 4m for him which has been accepted.

Ach well, just thought I would say what's been on the rounds.

Looks like Middlesbrough are the new faves to land him.

Why would Gary mention Arsenal youngsters if he wasn't confident of signing their players on loan? We missed out big time Gavin Hoyte (maybe this means something has changed with Bradley? cos we definately need a right back). I think we should sign Kieran Gibbs (Mcallister seems to be made of matchsticks this season and Wilson is not a left back!) He has played a champions league level v Porto and on the bench in the premier a couple of times, in the team that destroyed Sheffield United and Wigan in Carling Cup. Can play centre and left mid as well so what would we have to lose. Played 7 times for Norwich in this league lasy year and he has 12 months development on top of that so sign him up quick! I'm not a massive fan of loans but the quality of the current Arsenal reserves excites me and if our club can take advantage of that we shouldn't hesitate! If it goes well (we can play decent football ourselves) then Arsene may look to us again!

By the way nobody has signed Scott Sincliar yet have they?

Why would Gary mention Arsenal youngsters if he wasn't confident of signing their players on loan? We missed out big time Gavin Hoyte (maybe this means something has changed with Bradley? cos we definately need a right back). I think we should sign Kieran Gibbs (Mcallister seems to be made of matchsticks this season and Wilson is not a left back!) He has played a champions league level v Porto and on the bench in the premier a couple of times, in the team that destroyed Sheffield United and Wigan in Carling Cup. Can play centre and left mid as well so what would we have to lose. Played 7 times for Norwich in this league lasy year and he has 12 months development on top of that so sign him up quick! I'm not a massive fan of loans but the quality of the current Arsenal reserves excites me and if our club can take advantage of that we shouldn't hesitate! If it goes well (we can play decent football ourselves) then Arsene may look to us again!

By the way nobody has signed Scott Sincliar yet have they?

Gibbs sounds good to me

he can cover at left back and left midfield comfortably so between those two positions he should get a good run of games for us if we got him.

arsenal don't have many more obvious chances to field the youngsters this season, although I'm unsure if they have any genuine left back cover as traore is on loan. saying that they would prob play silvestre over gibbs.

would be a great loan signing.

P.S Re Sinclair - i reckon hes a bit overated, currently nor much better than sproule, other than a slightly better finisher

Gibbs sounds good to me

he can cover at left back and left midfield comfortably so between those two positions he should get a good run of games for us if we got him.

arsenal don't have many more obvious chances to field the youngsters this season, although I'm unsure if they have any genuine left back cover as traore is on loan. saying that they would prob play silvestre over gibbs.

would be a great loan signing.

P.S Re Sinclair - i reckon hes a bit overated, currently nor much better than sproule, other than a slightly better finisher

Ok... but wouldn't not much better other than a better finisher be just that... better!

As exciting as some of those youngsters are, I don't like the idea of loaning them in myself. I have always disliked teams having loan players that will never be theirs, Stoke obviously took it to extremes, but there are other examples of teams only really getting success on the back of other teams players.

It doesn't sit right with me, but maybe I am old fashioned.......

Agree with that.

Blackpool have lost 8 players who have gone back to their parent clubs. Last time I looked they were heading out of the cup.

Archived