IGNORED

Trundle

BristolCity4Life

:noexpression: Thats Bull, or a corker, could go down to the wire though.

A little bird told me the Swans are coming to take him away :noexpression:

P.S the Wolves are after Marv as well:noexpression:

:noexpression: Thats Bull, or a corker, could go down to the wire though.

A little bird told me the Swans are coming to take him away :noexpression:

Unlikely we will sell him, what would be the point? We don't necessarly need the money, Trundles still a good player and has a role to play imo, if Swansea want him back so bad then they should submit a suitable offer, which they wont and we wont let him for for peanuts either so this is a transfer thats never going to happen even if Trundle wanted it to.

Unlikely we will sell him, what would be the point? We don't necessarly need the money, Trundles still a good player and has a role to play imo, if Swansea want him back so bad then they should submit a suitable offer, which they wont and we wont let him for for peanuts either so this is a transfer thats never going to happen even if Trundle wanted it to.

Has a role to play?

Not While GJ is manager.

Trundle is a gent and one of the best footballers we have, his lack of sulks dispite being a bench warmer is a credit to him. He has been given chances some say, nowhere near enough i.m.h.o. still ahead of John :noexpression: anyway that don't matter cause hes out of favour and will go at the first offer, with no resistance from GJ :disapointed2se:

Apparently, (heard from a mate) there was a board at the darts, with 'Lee Trundle, Please Don't Go' on it. Anyone heard anything? :noexpression:

There's a rumor over here that there is a press conference at 11am to reveal a former fans favorite along with Alonso? Not sure if that is true guess we'll have to watch this space??? (the only big fans favorite that we had was Mr Trundle can't see it being anymore than a loan move unless you haven't paid us the full £1m and we're prepared to write off any outstanding monies??)

There's a rumor over here that there is a press conference at 11am to reveal a former fans favorite along with Alonso? Not sure if that is true guess we'll have to watch this space??? (the only big fans favorite that we had was Mr Trundle can't see it being anymore than a loan move unless you haven't paid us the full £1m and we're prepared to write off any outstanding monies??)

In his comments after our recent game Martinez was pretty scathing about Lee leaving Swansea in the lurch. On that basis this seems pretty unlikely to me. Unless it was a smokescreen of course.

In his comments after our recent game Martinez was pretty scathing about Lee leaving Swansea in the lurch. On that basis this seems pretty unlikely to me. Unless it was a smokescreen of course.

He also said he appreciates that Lee deserves a send off by the fans he just didn't want it during the game and said that he will always be a legend down here,i think that he would take him back but on a earn you place in the side basis.There is a bloke in work with me who used to drive Lee around to airports etc and Lee told him rercently that he would come back to us on the wages he left us on and i believe this as he's not one to make up lies he's 58 not 21 so we'll have to wait and see.

He also said he appreciates that Lee deserves a send off by the fans he just didn't want it during the game and said that he will always be a legend down here,i think that he would take him back but on a earn you place in the side basis.There is a bloke in work with me who used to drive Lee around to airports etc and Lee told him recently that he would come back to us on the wages he left us on and i believe this as he's not one to make up lies he's 58 not 21 so we'll have to wait and see.

Perhaps he should go and tell his employers Gary Johnson and Steve Lansdown that he wants to take a pay cut and earn here what he was on at Swansea then. What a ########.

I think Lee wants to play football. And has worked his ass off in trying to do what GJ wants only for GJ to not play him anymore. Coupled with our results and performances being generally poor when he's not played it's no wonder he feels frustrated. I would.

It's best for him to leave, it's best for us to keep him IMO

I think Lee wants to play football. And has worked his ass off in trying to do what GJ wants only for GJ to not play him anymore. Coupled with our results and performances being generally poor when he's not played it's no wonder he feels frustrated. I would.

It's best for him to leave, it's best for us to keep him IMO

I agree with you there as much as i would love to see him come back to us but if you give him a decent run in the team then i can say for sure you'll see the real Lee Trundle the one who will bag you 20 goals a season without a doubt!

Trundle is a confidence player, when his head is down he will have a bad game, but when confidence is sky high he is a superb player! Its a shame really because Trundle is liked at AG but confidence seems to be down more the up, he deserves more of a chance i think!

I think most of us would be disapointed to see him leave!

If Trundle goes I would be absolutely gutted.IMO he has not had a long enough run in the team this season.And before people bang on about having his chance last season,when he was playing at the start of the season,we were playing footabll and usually winning.I'm not sayig it was all Lee Trundle,but he was a big part of it.Then he was dropped,we started playing long ball and loseing.Then got recalled,and we know the rest! And in my opinion,any world class striker would of struggled to score for us last season,because chances were few and far between.So ill keep my fingers crossed that I don't hear anything concrete, right up untill February!

If Trundle goes I would be absolutely gutted.IMO he has not had a long enough run in the team this season.And before people bang on about having his chance last season,when he was playing at the start of the season,we were playing footabll and usually winning.I'm not sayig it was all Lee Trundle,but he was a big part of it.Then he was dropped,we started playing long ball and loseing.Then got recalled,and we know the rest! And in my opinion,any world class striker would of struggled to score for us last season,because chances were few and far between.So ill keep my fingers crossed that I don't hear anything concrete, right up untill February!

Let me start by saying that I like watching Lee Trundle a lot. He's an entertainer and its clear why he's a crowd favourite. But lets step back and look at his stats:

25 starts

27 substitute appearances

7 goals

Source: Soccerbase

So a pretty poor goals record overall. Nor is Trundle particularly great at creating lots of assists as far as I'm aware. Trundle has almost always looked better on the wing this season but that's not a long term solution is it. People say that Johnson doesn't like flair players but if so why would he sign Trundle in the first place? Ultimately flair is all very well but you need an end product too. Now you can blame the lack of service if you like but whatever reason it just hasn't happened for Trundle at City. For me the moment Johnson lost patience with him was after Sheff Utd home. Trundle had two gilt edged chances to score and win the game and missed them both.

Now with the signing of Styvar I would say the strikers pecking order looks like this:

1) Maynard

2) John

3) Styvar

4) Adebola

5) Trundle

6) Akinde

so Trundle probably won't even make the bench for Donny unless there's an injury.

Ultimately I would say it's in both parties interest to move on. Trundle should be looking for games at this stage of his career and shouldn't want to be warming the bench. City should want to offload a 5th choice striker on high wages (you would guess he is one of the better payed players at the club)

As I said at the start I enjoy watching Trundle play and respect him as a model pro but unfortunately it just hasn't worked out.

Let me start by saying that I like watching Lee Trundle a lot. He's an entertainer and its clear why he's a crowd favourite. But lets step back and look at his stats:

25 starts

7 goals

So a pretty poor goals record overall. Nor is Trundle particularly great at creating lots of assists as far as I'm aware. Trundle has almost always looked better on the wing this season but that's not a long term solution is it. People say that Johnson doesn't like flair players but if so why would he sign Trundle in the first place? Ultimately flair is all very well but you need an end product too. Now you can blame the lack of service if you like but whatever reason it just hasn't happened for Trundle at City. For me the moment Johnson lost patience with him was after Sheff Utd home. Trundle had two gilt edged chances to score and win the game and missed them both.

Now with the signing of Styvar I would say the strikers pecking order looks like this:

1) Maynard

2) John

3) Styvar

4) Adebola

5) Trundle

6) Akinde

so Trundle probably won't even make the bench for Donny unless there's an injury.

Ultimately I would say it's in both parties interest to move on. Trundle should be looking for games at this stage of his career and shouldn't want to be warming the bench. City should want to offload a 5th choice striker on high wages (you would guess he is one of the better payed players at the club)

As I said at the start I enjoy watching Trundle play and respect him as a model pro but unfortunately it just hasn't worked out.

Re pecking order you are probably right. However, bar a few goals from Maynard recently no one is knocking them in and Dele has had more games to do this than anyone. So I would say that City should release Dele if anyone as Trundle offers far more. However, that would still leave Trundle on the bench so IF HE WANTED to move on and play regular Championship football elsewhere, who could blame him? Not me!

.Ive always said that he needs a long run in the team,he tackles,very skillful,positive influence on the team , very good passer , great vision,ok he hasnt scored as much as we would have liked but what striker has.And the fans absolutley love him.When we went 2-1 down against Burnley and the rest of the team had there heads down,not Trundle he gets the ball and puts it in the centre circle and starts geeing up the team.Hes a winner but we don't use him.

But my worry is why did Gj sign him in the first place.I get the impression GJ doesnt like flair or showboaters in his team ,thats fair enough so you have got to question the scouting system, as I used to see him god knows how many times on soccer am strutting his stuff.

If you don't use him then get rid of him,don't let a talent like that rot on our bench.

25 starts

7 goals

1) Maynard

2) John

3) Styvar

4) Adebola

5) Trundle

6) Akinde

GREAT POST

exactly how i feel about trundle but caant seem to get it accross without looking like a hater.

He is a class act but it just isnt happening for him here. Surely he'd rather be skinning players and banging them in back in league 1 than rotting on our bench. When he plays it is a joy to watch, it would be terrible shame to see him lose the last years of his carrer on the subs bench.

plus we cant afford to pay his wages to anyone other than a guaranteed first 11 player, in fact probably first name on the teamsheet if they are as high as rumoured.

.Ive always said that he needs a long run in the team,he tackles,very skillful,positive influence on the team , very good passer , great vision,ok he hasnt scored as much as we would have liked but what striker has.And the fans absolutley love him.When we went 2-1 down against Burnley and the rest of the team had there heads down,not Trundle he gets the ball and puts it in the centre circle and starts geeing up the team.Hes a winner but we don't use him.

But my worry is why did Gj sign him in the first place.I get the impression GJ doesnt like flair or showboaters in his team ,thats fair enough so you have got to question the scouting system, as I used to see him god knows how many times on soccer am strutting his stuff.

If you don't use him then get rid of him,don't let a talent like that rot on our bench.

Well said. I like watching him play. I am a city fan first but like you said, if we don't play him let him go, the entertainment value is exciting to watch. Let him go to a club who will play him.

Spot on.Noticed lots of little things like that from Trundle,making a point of having a word with someone if they have missed a chance or a bad pass etc.Also tries to get the ball back in play for throw ins and corners as quick as possible(as Beckham always does for England).I think he is great for many reasons,but most importantly,he is quality!

Archived