IGNORED

How to reply to a reply

Guest vicar

Sadly the inability to reply to individual replies, and merely to reply at the bottom with a quote referring to an earlier posting, is a real weakness of this forum.

It means each thread has less direction.

I must admit I don't find the forum a patch on the old one and I find it too much hassle to read through the threads and then post. Hence my small number of postings.

Sadly the inability to reply to individual replies, and merely to reply at the bottom with a quote referring to an earlier posting, is a real weakness of this forum.

I must admit I don't find the forum a patch on the old one and I find it too much hassle to read through the threads and then post. Hence my small number of postings.

I agree. This forum certainly looks better than the old one, but it isn't as easy to use.

And the threaded view doesn't lead you on sequentially to the next posting as it did in the old one.

Completely agree with Dave and RedTop. For evidence, please see the mess I've made of reproducing the two quotes above!!

For those of us who work, the advantage of the old forum was to be able to quickly follow a thread and comment immediately after it. I really can't be arsed ploughing through all the one word responses from the kiddies in order to get to a poster who I know will have something of merit to say (you know who you are, grown-ups). As a result, although I was never Mr. Prolific Poster, I've barely posted over the last few weeks.

And I still can't get my Chris Garland picture to be displayed. In fact, ignore the abuse I've just thrown at you above - are there any, ahem, bright young things out there who can advise?!

Guest Bristol_Babe
I agree. This forum certainly looks better than the old one, but it isn't as easy to use.

And the threaded view doesn't lead you on sequentially to the next posting as it did in the old one.

Sadly... I wasn't on the old forum so can't judge! But I am glad you got to grips with it now!

Just remember to close the html tag if you're quoting the other way! :wacko:

I feel better now, it's not just me who can't get the hang of this quote thing. Is is possible to quote from another thread or must it be a quote from the thread you are posting in/replying to?

I've re-read this back and I'm not sure if I understand it...so i doubt if anyone else will! :sport18:

Agree 100%.

I find this new forum very hard to use and much preferred the old one.:Rage:

• Admin
I think it will take time for people to fully apprishate and understand this forum, yes.

Features wise and Security wise (and this was a serious issue) it is the current #1 forum software. If they bring out a hybrid threaded view like that previous mentioned like vB then hopefully it will be that one last missing feature.

I think there might be two missing features, I'm sure some would appreciate a spell checker :wacko:

Archived