IGNORED

Will Bradley Orr Play Tomorrow?

Sticks

Think it will be interesting tomorrow to see if he plays any part as will have a big say on whether he stays or goes. If he plays then he is cup tied and the so called big money teams coming in for him won't want that. If he plays I think he will be staying which I hope is the choice he makes as we look much better with him :fingerscrossed:

GJ has stated his intent on winning the game, and although we are weakened with Wilson at left back, we are even more so with wilson at right back and fontaine at left (which could be the only other solution) - wilson just isn't a full back and pompey would take advantage of that, you may get away with it at time s against championship teams but not Premier League ones! Orr should play, as he is our player and GJ wants to win

GJ has stated his intent on winning the game, and although we are weakened with Wilson at left back, we are even more so with wilson at right back and fontaine at left (which could be the only other solution) - wilson just isn't a full back and pompey would take advantage of that,

Not sure I understand that logic.

Wilson IS a full back, that's where he played nearly all his games at Cheltenham, he's also a right footed one and with Crouch almost certain to be in their line up we could use McCombe to combat him, alongside Carey, play Fontaine at LB and decide between Orr and Wilson for RB.

Wilson IS a full back, that's where he played nearly all his games at Cheltenham, he's also a right footed one and with Crouch almost certain to be in their line up we could use McCombe to combat him, alongside Carey, play Fontaine at LB and decide between Orr and Wilson for RB.

well after watching a number of games this season where wilson has played full back its plainly obvious that he doesnt possess good enough positional sense to be a full back. Whether he is considered one by other fans is up to them, but personally i don't trust him and he has cost us countless times this season by simply not being up to scratch and ball watching.

I agree - Wilson is a complete liability at full back.

I couldn't give a toss where he played for Cheltenham, you are 100% correct in saying that his positional play is abysmal at full back.

He is a ball watcher and is frequently out of position following the ball.

He has cost us numerous goals by playing full back.

Orr is essential at this time, and if McCombe is fit then he should play with Fontaine at left back.

I agree with your comments for him when playing left back but when he has played right back he has always looked good IMO

I agree with your comments for him when playing left back but when he has played right back he has always looked good IMO

Got to play Bradley in my view and Fonts at LB.

I don't doubt Wilson's commitment and he is a great player to have on the bench as back-up to cover midfield or fullback injuries, but I don't see him as a first choice fullback. His postional sense at either right or left fullback leaves a lot to be desired IMHO

I think what many people are trying to say is that Wilson IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FULL BACK AT CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL, on either side of the pitch. His positional sense is just too far off the standard required. Watford didn't take long to spot it and constantly attacked down Wilson's side on Boxing Day. However, he does make a good fist of playing right hand side of midfield. As I have said before the lad always gives 100% and plays wherever he is asked so it is difficult to criticise him at all.

I'm sure Orr would want to play in the cup against pompey and GJ knows that he is the best option if wilson is left back. However we are trying to sell him and won't be any good if he is INJURED, so I think if he does play it could mean a turning point towards signing a contract otherwise hats the point being in the spotlight if you could get injured??? by the way I really do want him to start..

Guest DR DICKNOSE
I'm sure Orr would want to play in the cup against pompey and GJ knows that he is the best option if wilson is left back. However we are trying to sell him and won't be any good if he is INJURED, so I think if he does play it could mean a turning point towards signing a contract otherwise hats the point being in the spotlight if you could get injured??? by the way I really do want him to start..

are we trying to sell him?

do you have any inside info?

Archived