IGNORED

Fratton Park

Portland Bill

Fairly simple really. Those who want to stand head to the back- those who want to sit go to the front.

We wont have any choice in the matter... Got a mate who's a steward at Pompey and we have to sit in our allocated seats unfortunately.

I'd quite happily stand up for the 90 mintes to be honest.

We wont have any choice in the matter... Got a mate who's a steward at Pompey and we have to sit in our allocated seats unfortunately.

I'd quite happily stand up for the 90 mintes to be honest.

Being a serving police officer i have just checked with some of my hampshire counter parts and i'm being told Portsmouth FC stand on the matter is that it is allocated seats ONLY and the police will be assisting stewards with the matter in the interest of public order.

Id love all city fans to stand at away matches but unfortunatly it never seems to happen.

QPR away last year was the closets iv eevr seen to everyone standing, the whole bottom tier was stood.

Me and my mates will be standing whatever happens :englandsmile4wf:

They say this but it's impossible to enforce. I have seperate ticket to my mate and i'm going to stand by him.

Same with me and my mates we are all ''allocated'' seats in different parts of the stand but as we all prefer to stand we will move as far to the back as we can.

They say this but it's impossible to enforce. I have seperate ticket to my mate and i'm going to stand by him.

Well just expect somebody to come over and moan that you are in their seat!!

I had somebody do that at Charlton and as it if mattered, there were about 1000 empty seats in the stand ffs.

Guest churchill gaffer
Can i make a plea for us to ALL stand up for the 90 mins, ITS FAR TO COLD TO SIT DOWN :colder: .

What about the children?

Do worry, I know what you will say!

Well just expect somebody to come over and moan that you are in their seat!!

I had somebody do that at Charlton and as it if mattered, there were about 1000 empty seats in the stand ffs.

I haven't sat in my allocated seat at an away game this season. Most people know the back rows are going to be stood so if they don't want to they move not difficult.

I haven't sat in my allocated seat at an away game this season. Most people know the back rows are going to be stood so if they don't want to they move not difficult.

At the away games i've been to this season its been easy to move to the best seats for you (depending on if you want to sit or stand). Only problem is tomorrow is a sell out so if you decide to move from the back cause you want to sit or can't see cause your a bit short you just end up sitting in someone elses seat and then get moaned at for moving from YOUR seat because someone else has no consideration for others.

I'd prefer to stand but respect those who don't.

Guest churchill gaffer
Can i make a plea for us to ALL stand up for the 90 mins, ITS FAR TO COLD TO SIT DOWN :colder: .

The standing made a great atmosphere, but the poor kids around us could see nothing!

This is the fans of the future, a lot of them appeared to me to be very bored as all they could see was peoples backs.

There was no room at the front of the stand, so they all just had to put up with it.

The funny thing was, I put one of my youngest son on the seat so he could see. (A little dangerous I know, but I did hold him) The adults behind me were asking me to get him down as they could not see?

A Steward said to me, as the City fans have a reputation of standing all the time. They were told by their leaders, just let them stand, it would be imposible to get them to sit.

Like I said, Great atmosphere! One I will remember. But the poor kids around me could see notthing!

HERES TO A GREAT WIN FOR US IN THE REPLAY!!!!!!

Guest churchill gaffer
Someone near me who's lad couldn't see, was trying to start a "Sit down if you hate the gas" chant going!! :laugh:

That was probibly me!

Or others jokingly thought the same.

Like I said, it was a great atmosphere though!

By the way did anyone see the '**** with the bell' as i 'heard' but never 'saw' him :(

I'm just imagining what it would have been like if we'd won!!!

Yeh I was looking out for him 'cause whatever anyone thinks about him you can't question his devotion. His sanity yes, but devotion to PFC is extreme!

I finally tracked down the noise of the frigging bell to the very back row of the stand at the other end. And there he was with his bell, top hat, and waistcoat etc. Just to the left of the middle from our perspective.

Strange guy! :shocking:

Archived