IGNORED

Funds Left For Players?

internetjef

After spending quite a decent amount on styvar (according to zilina about 700k), do we reckon there is much left in the kitty for other acquisitions, or will we be looking at cheap options now and loans. We know we are def looking at other players at least so that is good, just wonder what kind of price we can compete at.

I was hoping we might bring in a quality centre midfielder in the mold of Ben Watson, Ferre Bodde or Keith Andrews (if he doesnt get a look in under Allardyce), preferbaly who can take a decent freekick, but they would all be over 2m probably.

If theres a bargain to be had then I'm all for it though!

Also anyone heard anything about the serbian winger who we were inbtertested in, on the videos he looks pretty classy with tricks and turns, something we maybe don't have down the flanks at the mo

According to GJ it was nowhere near that amount.

He also said that we have a chairman who enables these sort of signings to be made without players needing to be moved out beforehand - in other words, the money will be made available if the right player becomes available. Players can be moved on later.

That's how I read it anyway.

So, if Ben Watson or the like is available for the right money, and wants to come here, the money could be made available.

Unfortunately we are competing against a lot more glam clubs in the prem / london....it aint going to happen I'm afraid

nowhere near 700k according to GJ - he was out of contract at the end of the season - so we got a bargain apparently!

Hard to understand why Zilina should go out with an overprice. After all they need to replace Styvar.

Think 775 000 EUR is the correct price if all add on's fall out.

SL has earlier said that he believes different forms of incentives will be more and more common.

Guest ashtonyate

That's only the same sort of money if I buy a tea & a pasty down the gate to SL that falls out his back pocket when the maid picks up his trouser in the morning. :innocent06:

I'd have thought it's more likely there's a difference between "can" and "will" in that instance.

Strange situation really. Say Bradley does get his wish and moves for equal or more money than his team mates, is that not the issue with what is happening here?

Personally I think they (Brad & Gary) are both very strong characters and neither want to budge. Sadly I can see both parties losing out eventually.

Archived