IGNORED

Evil Post

myol'man

By choosing not to screen tomorrow's tie, TV bosses have effectively dismissed Bristol City's chances of springing a surprise.

there are 32 ties this weekend, and all TV stations can screen about 6, so they always look for

the lower league team at home to a so called ' giant'

By not choosing the Pompey vs. City tie does not dismiss City's chances of an upset!

Stockhausen!

Guest DR DICKNOSE
tbh i expected Pompey to get coverage as they'r the holders... slightly disapointed

but then, all tv comapnies want Manc scum on there screens... no hope for teams like us nd pompey!

it does defy belief to be honest if man u had won the fa cup last season you could guarantee that there game would be screened live,but for little pompey no ######* chance!

If I were a TV exec, I'd look for as big a team as possible away from home against lower opposition.

bigger team=more supporters

bigger team away = more home supporters not at the game.

bigger team= more interest to the rest of us (the same reason we watch 'em in Europe?)

lower opposition = hope for an upset.

The holder of the cup would be irrelevant. (unless the holder was a big club, then I'd use the fact they were holders as an excuse for cheeky taglines like 'can [bluesq North team] upset the HOLDERS?')

Man United will be on the screen more than any other club due to the fact that they have the most fans o by putting them on the TV they will get more viewers for that match than the wood for Portsmouth V Bristol City.

Archived