IGNORED

Defoe

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

Crouch looks half the player without a nippy little striker to play up front with

Good news for us!

Plus Diop is out for 3 months.

Its a shame they have Man City at the weekend - a club in a bigger mess than them. Hopefully Man City will bounce back from their cup shame & give Pompey a stuffing to further deepen the gloom ahead of next Tues!

Plus Diop is out for 3 months.

Its a shame they have Man City at the weekend - a club in a bigger mess than them. Hopefully Man City will bounce back from their cup shame & give Pompey a stuffing to further deepen the gloom ahead of next Tues!

Well, Man City are just as likely to win 4-0 as they are to lose, so fingers crossed. :fingerscrossed:

Defoe leaving can only be good for us, but I notice Glen Johnson is close to signing a new contract (according to the BBC) which is a big blow. I was really hoping he'd be somewhere else by next Tuesday!

I have a feeling this man is off to Liverpool, why would he want to sign a contract with a club that are in a state, absolutely skint, out of the UEFA Cup, out the League Cup and soon to be out the FA Cup :innocent06: , as well as being hot favorites for the drop!?!

Johnson is playing some of his best football of his career, if he has half a brain, he will be half way up the motorway with Defoe

I thought they had agreed a fee but he hasn't signed yet.

I doubt there will be any problems but you never know.

I think Defoe is a bit foolish since Villa would have been the better option for him. They like Defoe and wanted him not long ago and apparently MON was still interested. He had more chance of playing some champions league at Villa than Spurs and Spurs won't do much as always, i think Villa are building a good team/squad which he would have fitted into nicely.

I thought they had agreed a fee but he hasn't signed yet.

I doubt there will be any problems but you never know.

I think Defoe is a bit foolish since Villa would have been the better option for him. They like Defoe and wanted him not long ago and apparently MON was still interested. He had more chance of playing some champions league at Villa than Spurs and Spurs won't do much as always, i think Villa are building a good team/squad which he would have fitted into nicely.

Yeah I agree with this, Villa at the minute are a breath of fresh air, plenty of English and British born players playing regularly, makes a nice change.

I have a feeling this man is off to Liverpool, why would he want to sign a contract with a club that are in a state, absolutely skint, out of the UEFA Cup, out the League Cup and soon to be out the FA Cup :innocent06: , as well as being hot favorites for the drop!?!

Johnson is playing some of his best football of his career, if he has half a brain, he will be half way up the motorway with Defoe

There has been a lot of talk about a move to Liverpool and like you I was expecting it to go through...until I saw this today: BBC. He'll be in a good position to negotiate a hefty contract with their £35m income from two trasfers and at least he's starting regularly. I'm not sure things are quite that bad for Pompey, I think there are at least three worse teams in the Prem this year...but you're right about their imminent FA Cup exit :winner_third_h4h:

Yeah I agree with this, Villa at the minute are a breath of fresh air, plenty of English and British born players playing regularly, makes a nice change.

Thirded, I have found myself looking for Villa's results more than any other prem team of late. Good to see the young ENGLISH talent getting a look in and playing well.

Anyway, I digress....back to topic - no Defoe is good for next Tuesday!

I bought myself a Villa top since it's a nice shirt and ended up having my name put on it. Since that I've made friends with a few Villa fans and they are nice lads.... although if City ever meet Villa or City make it to the Premier League they may resent me a little when I'm wearing my City shirt on match day haha

Yes its good that he wont be playing on tues but i think we all knew that when he got 'flu' for the weekend so ...

I think crouch is still a good player - he just came up against someone (McCombe) who could challenge him in the air

Diop is no loss to them if anything id rather he did play he cant pass, tackle or shoot

The news down here (i live in pompey) is that johnson is about to sign a new contract however I'm unsure whether this is something to try and quell the unrest with the fans

There are definitely a lot of nerves from them going into the replay and i can see us winning :fingerscrossed:

As well as this sol campbell had his best game in ages on saturday so hopefully we will meet him on a bad day on tues which is when he is nothing short of calamitous - just like their keeper sometimes :rolleyes:

Archived