IGNORED

You Gotta, You Gotta, You Gotta Make It Happen

mightyreds89

oasis are great, maybe some people don't like them, and?

each to their own

oasis gigs do have a pretty bad reputation involving scraps and blokes urinating in bottles and throwing them

i have to say i am bitterly disppointed that this was a link to a facebook group

:tumbleweed:

its a great idea but i don't think they'd want to, their too big

Oasis might not be peoples cups of tea, but to put it simply if they were to play at Ashton Gate, then don't go. Like i didnt go to the Westlife, Diamondo ect. gigs their. However little chance of this i think they book their gigs a year in advance and they have already announced their tour line up.

Join up and get the worlds greatest band at the gate, and in Bristol.

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000004&...gid=58080894208

I'd love to know if anything has ever been achieved/changed/instigated as a result of someone starting a Facebook group.

The cynic in me thinks "no", but people please prove me wrong.

Personally, have only seen them once, opening night of the Heathen Chemistry tour in Pompano Beach: Liam threw his rattle out of the pram after a couple fo songs, so Noel did a rather good acoustic set.

I think that is the first time the word "talented" and Status Quo have ever been used in the same sentance.

As a Quo head for about 36 years I wasn't going to rise to the bait. But I have! Have you seen them? If so you must have very high standards for live music, but as veteran of many many gigs, (last one Bourenmouth 23/12/06) IMHO they are awesome live. Just ask my 32 year od son and 30 year old daughter who have both been blown away by the fantastic perfomance SQ deliver on stage but would never consider themselves as fans.

And on the the subject of talent, the word is sentence :)

Right, will somebody help me down from this high-horse ;)

True,..but unlike football, the people who would say that tend to be those who havent seen them live.

Surely it's impossible to say a band is shite live if you havent seen them live??

I've seen them live twice. I think they're very average and provide no entertainment through their performance. Liam is also an idiot on stage.

And I'm moving this out of this part of the forum.

True,..but unlike football, the people who would say that tend to be those who havent seen them live.

Surely it's impossible to say a band is shite live if you havent seen them live??

Well, considering I have seen them live twice (Earls Court circa 1995, Glastonbury circa 2004/5), and I have seen thousands of other bands live, I feel that I have enough experience of live music to stand by my opinion.

Archived