IGNORED

Donny V Bristol 10th Jan

Fitzwilliam

Hi,

My name is Andy, I am the Landlord of the Fitzwilliam Arms in Doncaster.

We are the second closest pub to the ground from town and only 5 mins walk from the train/bus interchange station,

also only 15min walk to the Keepmoat.

We serve a great pint, have some lovely footie food (Home made steak pie, chips peas and gravy is the favourite) and large screen TV for live football.

For link to pub: Google map, search: Oxford Place, Doncaster: The pub is at the top of Oxford Place, also up and left is the railway station (5 Min)

Apparently I don't have enough posts to insert a URL

I have a large secure car park, FREE, and can accommodate up to 4 coaches and mini-buses if given advance notice.

So far we have had a good response from travelling fans with some great reviews on their sites

Coaches will need to send company name and reg no. so that I can inform local police, who will allow coaches to park here with prior notice (Saves £25 on stadium price)

Donny need a win to keep the ball rolling, Bristol have done well in their couple of seasons in the championship, should be a good game

See you Saturday:

Andy & Jackie

post-10442-1231359838.jpg

post-10442-1231359849.jpg

Already had a request from a Turner coach to park here. Already sorted that one, so that's one of four coach spaces booked.

Any mini-buses? Would appreciate a call to sort parking spaces out: 01302-360008

Otherwise got lots of spaces for cars with a couple of overflow car parks to side and front.

Will have Villa v W.Brom game on at 12:45, Burnley v Swansea 17:20 for any train/local travelling fans, large screen TV.

Already had a request from a Turner coach to park here. Already sorted that one, so that's one of four coach spaces booked.

Any mini-buses? Would appreciate a call to sort parking spaces out: 01302-360008

Otherwise got lots of spaces for cars with a couple of overflow car parks to side and front.

Will have Villa v W.Brom game on at 12:45, Burnley v Swansea 17:20 for any train/local travelling fans, large screen TV.

I'm commin up by car, and meetin a couple of old army mates from donny at this pub, told me that years ago it used to be one of their dads old pigeon club :laugh: i parked at the lakeside in 06/07 season, but took us about a hour and half to get out of car park. what cider do you sell :farmer:

Hi,

We are the second closest pub to the ground from town and only 5 mins walk from the train/bus interchange station,

We serve a great pint, have some lovely footie food (Home made steak pie, chips peas and gravy is the favourite) and large screen TV for live football.

For link to pub: Google map, search: Oxford Place, Doncaster: The pub is at the top of Oxford Place, also up and left is the railway station (5 Min)

I have a large secure car park, FREE, and can accommodate up to 4 coaches and mini-buses if given advance notice.

So far we have had a good response from travelling fans with some great reviews on their sites

Coaches will need to send company name and reg no. so that I can inform local police, who will allow coaches to park here with prior notice (Saves £25 on stadium price)

Donny need a win to keep the ball rolling, Bristol have done well in their couple of seasons in the championship, should be a good game

See you Saturday:

Andy & Jackie

What time do you open?

I'm commin up by car, and meetin a couple of old army mates from donny at this pub, told me that years ago it used to be one of their dads old pigeon club :laugh: i parked at the lakeside in 06/07 season, but took us about a hour and half to get out of car park. what cider do you sell :farmer:

We sell Strongbow on draught + Bottles....What do you like? By the way the pigeon club closed down about 10nths ago

What time do you open?

What time are you getting here? We open on match days to suit....first cars in get served it's that simple....11am ok?

We sell Strongbow on draught + Bottles....What do you like? By the way the pigeon club closed down about 10nths ago

The poor guy asked what cider you were selling not what toilet cleaner you used. :whistle:

As for opening I will be aiming to get to Doncaster about 12ish as staying in Sheffield.

The poor guy asked what cider you were selling not what toilet cleaner you used. :whistle:

Did ask what he drank!!! think strongbow is refreshing myself.....So, what's it to be?

As for opening I will be aiming to get to Doncaster about 12ish as staying in Sheffield.

Only 5min from station (take it that's where you're coming from?.....see google link)

As mentioned in earlier comment, got the footie on mid-day....and those arriving early can also get food:

Home made 100% Steak pie, chips, peas & gravy £4

Beefburger & chips on salad garnish £3

Chip Butty £1.50

12" Deep Pan, crust filled Pizzas £6 (Special: 4 Bud+Pizza £14)

Beers on Draught:

Stones, Tetley, Johns, Worthington, Carling, Fosters, Guinness, Strongbow

Also Bottles

My match Prediction: 1 - 1 (Donny need a win, but can't see it tomorrow).....See you Sat.

Keepmoat from local high rise, taken when under construction:-

post-10442-1231506178.jpg

Hi,

See you Saturday:

Andy & Jackie

Andy, as skilled as I am at navigation and the internet and all that stuff, I am for some reason struggling to get a map showing the M18> The Fitzwilliam> The Keepmoat. Please post up a map or directions or something! Leaving at 9.30am, so urgent! Ta

Andy, as skilled as I am at navigation and the internet and all that stuff, I am for some reason struggling to get a map showing the M18> The Fitzwilliam> The Keepmoat. Please post up a map or directions or something! Leaving at 9.30am, so urgent! Ta

I havn't been given the rights to post a url link think I am spamming?

If you google map and search Oxford Place, Doncaster then that will give you directions close to us.

Otherwise I assume M5, M42, A42, MI, M18 go to J2 then NORTH one Junction on A1(M) to J36, turn RIGHT, Doncaster on A630 which leads you to the edge of town (Where we are) then look at post for Donny Directions.

Hope to see you tomorrow if that helps

Cheers Andy

According to my satnav, it's a 35 minute walk from this pub to the stadium (using postcodes).

Checked it on Multimap and it says the same - 35 minute walk.

Easy parking though which is great for those in mini buses.

Pity about the pitch inspection for those who had already set off (The coach from Turners was half way here and they'd all ordered food in advance.......be a nice feast for my regulars!!!!)

As for 35mins....no way, there is a direct line of walk from the pub and even if slow walking will only take 20mins, and you can always get back here before you would get out of the car parking around the ground.

Probably announce a Tuesday night for the fixture which is not great for you lads/lasses from Bristol unless you have the day off?

Looking forward to seeing/talking to those who do make it up here though....

Good luck with the other games.

Andy :englandsmile4wf:

Hi,

See you Saturday:

Andy & Jackie

Last time I was at Donny, the police did not want City fans drinking in any pubs at all, and kept telling us that the away pub was a mile in that direction. When we got there, followed of course, by the old bill, it was either closed or home fans only, so they sai, the away pub is about half a mile in that direction, so off we would go again. YOu get the picture I'm sure. They wanted us to spend the entire time just walking round.

As I remember it, the Keepmoat is in the middle of nowhere really, with no pubs in the immediate vicinity, and the only one within decent distance was definitely home only, and had rather large guys on the door.

Archived