IGNORED

Seeing As Brooks Is Off

dezgimed

Brooker is my fave City player, or was. No nonsense centre forward, can take the game by the scruff of the neck and battles for the team. And scores no nonsense goals, gets it and bang.

He seems to have provided alot of class moments for us. My best below:

93rd minute winner against Norwich on his comeback.

Cracking double away at Sheff Weds.

90th minute winner away at Blackpool.

Long range effort that cracks off the bar for a JMW tap in, to go 3-2 up after trailing 2-0 to Tranny at HT.

Typical Brooker winner against Port Vale, straight after they got to 1-1, after being abused all game by them.

Good luck to him, hope he sorts himself out.

:icecream:

Typical Brooker winner against Port Vale, straight after they got to 1-1, after being abused all game by them.

Pretty sure it was 1-0 as I remember singing '1-0 to the fat bastard'

Also, great team goal ending in Brooks scoring at Blackpool in Johnson's first season. It was a bit like 'the weasel' as seen at Palace in the play-offs.

Pretty sure it was 1-0 as I remember singing '1-0 to the fat bastard'

Also, great team goal ending in Brooks scoring at Blackpool in Johnson's first season. It was a bit like 'the weasel' as seen at Palace in the play-offs.

Ah yeh, that was the away game. He got winners twice against em, ha.

His first goal in the 6-0 against Gillingham, from Fontaine's long ball. Superb team move, he peeled off his defender superbly and delivered a typical Brooker finish.

He will be missed, and any time he returns I'll clap him.

His goal versus Northampton was classic Brooker for me. Held off a couple of defenders and shot from the edge of the area to score.

Such a shame he became so injury prone - Tinnions best buy also!

Aye, I remember it well, on Sky.

Put us 2-1 up in a pretty crucial match.

Finished the 04/05 season with 4 in 2 games (Tinnion still picked Bridges ahead of him for the following season's opener!) and the 2 against ahem, Doncaster in the last home game that season saw him at his powerful best.

Home game against Port Vale (2005) and he scored in the first few minutes and we were 4-0 up in half an hour....Brooks also scoring our 4th.

Then defending for all of the second half as Port Vale had pulled two back before half -time.

Final score 4-2

Strange game that. Remember a bullet header from Mickey Bell!

:noexpression:

Romeo Browns - What a hit!!

made me spit my drink all over the computer, brilliant.

My best memory was after the Port Vale home game when i had a table at the hospitality. He was named man of the match and came in to mingle. Nice bloke, and brilliant watching him trty and get away from a certain women with the initials SB!!

93rd minute winner against Norwich last season at the gate.

His first game and goal for over a year and what a time to get it.

Brooker is a typical old fashion striker. Thats what i love most about him. Powerful, strong, and has a great shot on him.

Also, hitting the post against the blue few, what a shot that was. :icecream:

His debut up front with Leroy.

Ran the show that day and i remember when he took about 5 players on and layed it up easy for Leroy to smash it onto the bar from about 10 yards.

Has always been a quality striker, has the potentiol to be one of the best in the league if he wasn't injured so often.

MK Dons away - what a hit!!

I don't recall Brooker scoring at MK Dons away :dunno: but I do remember him running the show. He was absolutely awesome.

That game was also memorable for the slowest dive in world history by one Bas Savage. :laugh:

It sadens me so much to see brooker leave here, by far the best striker here by a country mile, cant we just loan him out until the end of the season?
Likewise totally gutted an old fashion Steve Bull in your face bang goal type of player,i'd sooner see any other forward leave than STEVE BROOKER. Could make his own goals clatter defenders thump and head the ball from any angle good luck a true centre forward.

His late winner against Norwich last season was unbelievable. a great header deep into stoppage time sent the gate mad

And his late winner at Blackpool this season was class. Again late on in the game he hit a superb strike from a tight angle to send us all wild. The mini pitch invasion was so funny.

I don't recall Brooker scoring at MK Dons away :dunno: but I do remember him running the show. He was absolutely awesome.

He did. Night match where over 1000 City fans rocked up unexpectedly. He scored the winner very early and loads of City fans missed it still queueing outside!

For me it was that late winner against Norwich. I thought we were going up then. That and the daylight robbery at Blackpool this season.

Fantastic player and could have gone down as a City legend if he'd stayed fit.

That game was also memorable for the slowest dive in world history by one Bas Savage. :laugh:

Brooker did score early on. I remember because there were hundreds of us still trying to get in when it happened. Heard the roar from City. Dozens of security keeping us out and One, yes one poor bast**d in the ticket office. Typical MK..

The thing I remember was Brooker hitting the bar, from distance, at Colchester away a few years ago. We were right behind the goalie and the bar was bent back towards us and was vibrating for what seemed like minutes.

Also his pass that put Wayne Andrews in for the winning goal up at Blackpool. 3 crucial points for our promotion.

I will miss you baldy.

Archived