IGNORED

Lee Beevers

Ron

Perhaps outdated, but a friend of mine who supports Lincoln City told me the other day that rumour has it around Sincil Bank that Lee Beevers, a defender who was linked to us in the summer (apparently?) is joining. He says he's a great player, and perhaps could be the next Jamie McCombe? Either way, I'd be fairly happy with the cover we've got now in defence and would prefer us to strengthen the midfield.

Thoughts..?

Perhaps outdated, but a friend of mine who supports Lincoln City told me the other day that rumour has it around Sincil Bank that Lee Beevers, a defender who was linked to us in the summer (apparently?) is joining. He says he's a great player, and perhaps could be the next Jamie McCombe? Either way, I'd be fairly happy with the cover we've got now in defence and would prefer us to strengthen the midfield.

Thoughts..?

dunno... but we do not need another defender, we need a quality central midfielder who won't pass sideways and backwards then perhaps we won't see a long list of strikers coming and going at this club and better service we will score goals :unsure:

don't know much about Beevers myself, but I do believe defensive cover is needed. Maybe a loan would suffice?

With McCombe/Carey and Fontaine our options (I don't buy the "Skuse can be used there etc") we look a bit light in that area especially as Fontaine may be needed to cover at left back...

Nevertheless, if he is good - and he comes at the price big bad Jamie came in at, then snap him up!

Given we were staying about twenty miles from Lincoln with family yesterday my son and I decided to watch their game with Brentford once ours was called off (better than staying in the house all afternoon!!). I thought Beevers had a decent game without really looking a massive stand out. He started off central and was switched to right back once their lad got sent off. He is certainly not at the level of Bradley Orr but he looked better than League 2 standard in my view. The lad is built like a centre half really and is not what you would call lightning quick so I certainly wouldn't fancy him playing right back every week against some of the wingers Orr has to face. As a centre half it was difficult to tell as he was only there for about twenty minutes. He would be a utility player at best in my opinion.

Watching Aaron Brown certainly added a bit of interest to the game. As you can imagine the ball spends a lot of time in the air at League 2 level (what we call hoofball is not a patch on this I can promise you!!) but Brown to be fair to him was one of only a few players on the pitch who was prepared to get the ball down and look for a pass. His career has certainly gone nowhere since he left us for better things though!!

Given we were staying about twenty miles from Lincoln with family yesterday my son and I decided to watch their game with Brentford once ours was called off (better than staying in the house all afternoon!!). I thought Beevers had a decent game without really looking a massive stand out. He started off central and was switched to right back once their lad got sent off. He is certainly not at the level of Bradley Orr but he looked better than League 2 standard in my view. The lad is built like a centre half really and is not what you would call lightning quick so I certainly wouldn't fancy him playing right back every week against some of the wingers Orr has to face. As a centre half it was difficult to tell as he was only there for about twenty minutes. He would be a utility player at best in my opinion.

Watching Aaron Brown certainly added a bit of interest to the game. As you can imagine the ball spends a lot of time in the air at League 2 level (what we call hoofball is not a patch on this I can promise you!!) but Brown to be fair to him was one of only a few players on the pitch who was prepared to get the ball down and look for a pass. His career has certainly gone nowhere since he left us for better things though!!

Another mystery solved!

Yessir is GJ, PJ is Greebo :innocent06:

Thanks for the report though mate, not one worth pursuing by the sounds of it. I wonder how many times Aaron Brown must sit there and think about how he ****ed things up?

Archived