IGNORED

Donny Off - Maybe Not A Bad Thing?

shepton red

With Donny recently hitting an upturn in form, in line with ou own, it may not be all bad that todays game has been postponed. My opinion was that this game had a draw written all over it, but if Donny now suffer a few poor results and we continue on the up we may get the full 3 when the game is rescheduled. :fingerscrossed:

With Donny recently hitting an upturn in form, in line with ou own, it may not be all bad that todays game has been postponed. My opinion was that this game had a draw written all over it, but if Donny now suffer a few poor results and we continue on the up we may get the full 3 when the game is rescheduled. :fingerscrossed:

today would have been a good day to play them, most of the first team have the shits

Considering the run weve been in it was imo a very good time to play them.

when you get half-way there and have to turn back then I don't think you'd call it a good thing and what about the poor sods who've gone up last night etc......

Decision should,ve been made at 7- 8 am not a article saying that a pitch inspection is NOT NECESSARY and that the pitch is perfectly playable

when you get half-way there and have to turn back then I don't think you'd call it a good thing and what about the poor sods who've gone up last night etc......

Decision should,ve been made at 7- 8 am not a article saying that a pitch inspection is NOT NECESSARY and that the pitch is perfectly playable

Toyally agree we got to worcester when we found out, and I'm from taunton, so what a wasted 220 mile round trip that was!!!!

Problem is the people that run donny football club are still stuck in the non league days because thats how they did it then, an absolute disgrace!!!!

On a competitive side, it's definitely for the best, with Portsmouth's game being called off as well.

At Red Tauntonian - The referee is the sole voice over pitch inspections, Doncaster have no say in the matter.

I think the main complaint is the the announcement yesterday that a pitch inspection was not even planned for today. Do they not have weather forecasts up there ? Have they not seen the recent weather patterns.

The sensible, nay, right thing to have done was to say that a pitch inspection would be carried out in the morning if deemed neccessary.

Lets be honest, this game was always going to be in danger with the current cold spell :shocking:

PDG

On a competitive side, it's definitely for the best, with Portsmouth's game being called off as well.

At Red Tauntonian - The referee is the sole voice over pitch inspections, Doncaster have no say in the matter.

They could have called in a ref last evening, an inspection, coupled with the weather forecast, would have been enough.

It must be more than annying for anyone aho had strted thr journey to Donny. It sounds as though Donny had no plans for an inspection based on the weather forcast that thay were given, which was -2. Unfortuatley the weather man got it wrong and temperatures actully dropped to -7. Don't really see how donny could be held to blame for that.

I think the main complaint is the the announcement yesterday that a pitch inspection was not even planned for today. Do they not have weather forecasts up there ? Have they not seen the recent weather patterns.

The sensible, nay, right thing to have done was to say that a pitch inspection would be carried out in the morning if deemed neccessary.

Lets be honest, this game was always going to be in danger with the current cold spell :shocking:

PDG

It's not their choice whether a pitch inspection goes ahead, the referee decides, as I said.

Johnson said something along the lines of it getting to -7 overnight when this was not forecast, so the bad turn in the weather only happened last night, little more help to fans than to find out this morning.

It's not their choice whether a pitch inspection goes ahead, the referee decides, as I said.

Johnson said something along the lines of it getting to -7 overnight when this was not forecast, so the bad turn in the weather only happened last night, little more help to fans than to find out this morning.

It`s been as low as -10 in parts of the country this week, a little bit of foresight can go a long your highness.

Mentioned this on another thread, I just got back from Doncaster after spending the night there.

In Doncasters defence, if the game went ahead at 7:45 last night, the pitch would have been playable. The weather forecast overnight was for approx. -2 with milder weather predicted for today, so in their eyes a pitch inspection wasn't required.

The real kick in the teeth was the fact that it was a lot colder overnight (-10) than the weatherman "predicted", so if there is to be a blame game, it's really the weather forecasters fault.

Judging by the trees, fields, grass verges, there's no way the game could have gone ahead unless they had undersoil heating.

Saving our legs for Tuesday's 'Noisy Night' - the East End will really rock again toshow these Premier lads what atmosphere is all about

Anyone who called Donnie yesterday or this morning would have known there would be an inspection IF it fell below zero last night and we can all read our own forecasts - shame on those who lost time though. Wonder if players dropped in at barnsley or Wolves to watch those games. Wolves losing is good news for us next Sat but may raise their interst in our Big Marv'?

If we don't go through on Tues I reckon Donnie will be 24th so let's go again (just check the real forecast (not Donnie Council web site!)

CoYRs

FTG

Saving our legs for Tuesday's 'Noisy Night' - the East End will really rock again toshow these Premier lads what atmosphere is all about

Anyone who called Donnie yesterday or this morning would have known there would be an inspection IF it fell below zero last night and we can all read our own forecasts - shame on those who lost time though. Wonder if players dropped in at barnsley or Wolves to watch those games. Wolves losing is good news for us next Sat but may raise their interst in our Big Marv'?

If we don't go through on Tues I reckon Donnie will be 24th so let's go again (just check the real forecast (not Donnie Council web site!)

CoYRs

FTG

In the grand scheme of things, Wolves losing is bad for us... Preston are the team we are looking to catch, and it by no means means that we will have it easy next weekend.

Archived