IGNORED

Villa Tribute To City Legend

pdgifford64

Did anybody else just see the feature on Villa`s matchday invite to lucky ST holders. So many get drawn out of a hat and they spend the day at a club on matchday.

Anyhoooooo

The walls are lined with memorabilia and there`s a lovely big photo of some Villa leg end, but more importantly, it`s got our very own Gerry Sweeney slap bang in the middle.

Nice of them to do that i thought.

Non-match matchdays are so boring

PDG

Thx to the wonders of the V+ box, i can confirm it`s also a tribute to the grand old Dolman Stand, long before the GWR seating was added. BTW that`s the same Mr Sweeney that can be seen on matchdays in the DEH, not sure why he doesn`t get an invite with the top brass though. Good health sir, you truly are a City legend.

BTW that`s the same Mr Sweeney that can be seen on matchdays in the DEH, not sure why he doesn`t get an invite with the top brass though. Good health sir, you truly are a City legend.

Mr Sweeney was on our C-A-T-S coach last year, on a certain trip to wembley. Top bloke. :worship2:

Mr Sweeney was on our C-A-T-S coach last year, on a certain trip to wembley. Top bloke. :worship2:

Sweeney really is a true legend, as a young lad in the '70s loads of us young 'uns used to go down AG during the school holidays chasing autographs and Sweeney would always the first to go out of his way and would spend ages chatting and having a laugh with us young Knowle West scallies, even now he is a true gentleman and top bloke

Did anybody else just see the feature on Villa`s matchday invite to lucky ST holders. So many get drawn out of a hat and they spend the day at a club on matchday.

Anyhoooooo

The walls are lined with memorabilia and there`s a lovely big photo of some Villa leg end, but more importantly, it`s got our very own Gerry Sweeney slap bang in the middle.

Nice of them to do that i thought.

Non-match matchdays are so boring

PDG

Thx to the wonders of the V+ box, i can confirm it`s also a tribute to the grand old Dolman Stand, long before the GWR seating was added. BTW that`s the same Mr Sweeney that can be seen on matchdays in the DEH, not sure why he doesn`t get an invite with the top brass though. Good health sir, you truly are a City legend.

To be honest I didn't notice Sween, what a true City legend he is.

Nice thinking by Learner to buy that pub and invite 180 S T holders on matchday to use the place. Steve Landsdown could try to invest in the Wedlocks (or Ship and Castle, Robins - take you pick now) and do the same, would be a good idea me thinks.

Archived